http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 02:53:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanna play Dragon Empires?  (Read 1312 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2004, 03:15:51 PM »

Well that's too damned bad.  It has been cancelled due to 'technical difficulties'.   Technical Issues usually boils down to "We'd like to finish the game but technically we'd have to pay you, and that will create difficulties as we technically have no money".  D'oh!

Dragon Empires received incredible support from its online community and won acclaim from PC and online media while in development. However, technical issues have resulted in the project’s discontinuation.

Many of the game’s development team, including programmers and artists, are being transferred to Codemasters’ internal development studios to work on current and future titles.

The decision to close Dragon Empires’ development does not impact on Codemasters’ long-term ambitions in the massively multiplayer online gaming market and the company remains very active in evaluating future opportunities.

The Dragon Empires website and its popular community forums will remain live at www.codemasters.com/dragonempires for the immediate future.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 05:51:02 PM »

Mike and I got to see it in action last year in the Codemasters booth (behind the godawful "American Idol" set.)

The game had some promising features, but the only impressive things we saw in the game was the water effects on the coastline (amazing stuff).

If I were to pine for a lost MMORPG game, it would be TFLO or Warhammer before this one. I wasn't really interested in it.

Edit: I still have videos of it if you want to pine for it.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: