http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 10:50:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walmart Bundles online  (Read 7334 times)
Ralph-Wiggum
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2005, 05:17:55 PM »

Call up Wal-Mart and demand that they give you a refund on the shipping (at least to the cost of the lesser shipping option).
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2005, 05:21:25 PM »

been on the phone and mostly hold with them for last 15 minutes
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2005, 05:36:21 PM »

They keep putting some of the Core bundles up.  But everytime I add one to my cart it tells me that there a problem with the current configuration and that I need to delete it.  After 5-10 minutes they go out of stock again.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2005, 06:04:10 PM »

Quote from: "dedewhale"
I paid $170 for next day shipping and look what message I get form UPS when I track the packages

THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

I am furious!!

Oh man that sucks.    Where do you live dedewhale?   I bet it's due to poor weather conditions somewhere....
Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2005, 06:24:48 PM »

Just ordered it from circiut city. you only have to buy a game and the xbox. There is a bundle but you can take out stuff. My order is the premium with PGR3 and another controller with free shipping for 500 but I think msduncan will be playing before me  :lol: they tell me 2 weeks shipping; at least you don't have the wait. :lol:

I always return to walmart even stuff I don't buy there. Say it was a gift and they will take it back. Try first without recept cause sometimes they will take it without a recept and that way they don't know you bought the bundle. If they don't let you do that use the recept and do whatever ,they should take it but not the same guy you told it was a gift.   :lol:

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2005, 07:16:44 PM »

Well it looks like Santa Claus was watching out for me after all:

My UPS tracking information shows the 360 system itself having a scheduled delivery date of December 22nd.    That means my wife will be able to confiscate it, wrap it, and put it under the tree.

Am I sick in saying that a small part of me wishes there was a week left till Christmas so I could sit there on the couch looking at the wrapped up 360 I fought so hard to get for a while before opening it?   :p
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2005, 09:12:40 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
I paid $170 for next day shipping and look what message I get form UPS when I track the packages

THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

I am furious!!

Oh man that sucks.    Where do you live dedewhale?   I bet it's due to poor weather conditions somewhere....

man I am pissed...I live in NJ and the weather is nice, and no transit stike.

Walmart refuses to credit my shipping on any level. I spend 1 hour on the phone telling them I dont think I should pay for overnight anymore but they wont budge.

As I see it I have two options....tomorrow when it arrives refuse the package and call my credit card company or accept the package, be a sucker and begin an email campaign to walmart and try to recoup my money.....

I am so angry they I paid the money...I basically feel like I went Vegas and they said take a gamble....pay us the money for overnight shipping and you may or may not get it the next day, you take the risk. How can a merchant have this sort of attitude???
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2005, 09:18:48 PM »

Did UPS give a reason for the delay???

Maybe UPS should credit you for free shipping instead of Walmart.   I've actually had a vendor take it up with UPS and get it credited before, but sounds like Walmart isn't willing to do that part for you -- perhaps you need to spend some time on the phone with UPS....
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2005, 09:26:55 PM »

Maybe UPS should credit you for free shipping instead of Walmart.   I've actually had a vendor take it up with UPS and get it credited before, but sounds like Walmart isn't willing to do that part for you -- perhaps you need to spend some time on the phone with UPS....

I'll try but Walmart was the one who charged me $178, not ups? The only thing the UPS people could tell me was the same thing as the website. UPs just calling it an Emergency beyound there control
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2005, 09:39:35 PM »

I'll try but Walmart was the one who charged me $178, not ups? The only thing the UPS people could tell me was the same thing as the website. UPs just calling it an Emergency beyound there control

I hope for your sake the 'emergency beyond their control' does not mean a UPS tractor trailer tipover with it's contents spilled all over an interstate somewhere.    :shock:
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2005, 09:48:33 PM »

Or that the UPS driver really wanted to get a 360 for his own kids.....
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2005, 09:51:19 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Or that the UPS driver really wanted to get a 360 for his own kids.....

I think that constitutes an emergency....
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2005, 09:52:24 PM »

looks like WM is putting them back up for sale intermittently through the whole day.  you can get a "Live Bundle" with the core system right now, and they had the Premium bundle available just a few minutes ago.  i had one in my cart and ready to go, but they were all gone by the time i made it to the end of checkout.  if i end up ordering from WM, i'm holding out for the Premium system though...not interested in a bundle with a wired controller and memory card.  not to mention that i'm heading out of town for the next week and won't be able to play anyway.  i'm all over the Premium if it comes up again though...only missed by a matter of seconds the last time...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2005, 09:55:55 PM »

Dang.   I wish I'd known this YESTERDAY when I got stuck with the UBER EXPENSIVE bundle....

I hope they take back portions.   I think they should because of one thing:   They bundled all this stuff with it and I'm going to try to return portions of it -- HOWEVER, I'm already justifying keeping some of the stuff such as the extra controller and a game or two.    Therefore their bundle worked in that I will wind up keeping stuff I wouldn't have bought from them otherwise.

Ironic isn't it?
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2005, 10:47:55 PM »

They're extremely difficult to get, though, as they seem to stay In Stock for all of a few seconds.  The closest I've been is having a Premium in my basket, all billing info filled out, hitting Confirm and being told they're no longer available.  Only to go back to the main page to see them still "In Stock".  The page refreshes lag far behind the activity that's going on it seems.  I'm still trying though. smile
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2005, 01:01:25 AM »

well at 7pm my xbox actually showed up on my door...I called ups and they said that they got it in the warehouse....I asked if I could pick it up and they said sure we will call you in an hour. They called and said it was on a truck on the were delivering it.

Yay I got it....boo, the only thing that arrived was the xbox itself, no games, no surround sound, no extra stuff.....oh well I set it up and played the stupid tetris game that came with it...I am bored.

But at least I have something....what a nightmare, me sleepy.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2005, 03:29:11 AM »

I set it up and played the stupid tetris game that came with it...I am bored.

Play it some more. Once it "clicks" it's a very good game.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2005, 04:04:39 PM »

Hexic stupid??

I finished marathon mode just last week; that game sucked up tons of time for me, though I didn't care for it at first either.

But also I get sucked into stupid little games all the time.

OK, maybe it's a little stupid.  But damn fun.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2005, 06:24:20 PM »

Am I sick in saying that a small part of me wishes there was a week left till Christmas so I could sit there on the couch looking at the wrapped up 360 I fought so hard to get for a while before opening it?   :p

Not sick at all! I've got that same genetic quirk.

The Xbox 360 is my big Christmas present from my wife but I got it on launch day. I've been enjoying the hell out of it but part of me wishes I'd waited until the big day so I could recapture some of that boyhood magic. A new console under the Christmas tree? Are you f*cking kidding me? HEAVEN!

Merry Christmas, msd, and enjoy your new toy!

Oh, and add me to your friends list when you get on Xbox Live: rrmorton
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2005, 07:42:30 PM »

Had fun running into you repeatedly last night, Robbie.  We need to PGR3 more often.

gellar
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2005, 07:54:18 PM »

YES! Fun stuff! Could you hear us talking?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2005, 08:25:33 PM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"
YES! Fun stuff! Could you hear us talking?

No... and that was driving me fucking insane.  I had my headset plugged in, but couldn't hear a goddamn thing.  I suppose you guys couldn't hear me either?

gellar
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2005, 08:33:14 PM »

Don't know if you've checked but might have your headset disabled via the dashboard.  Double check that

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2005, 08:36:01 PM »

No, we never heard you.

Other things to check which I'm sure you did:

Volume dial
Microphone/mute switch

Caveman had some trouble but unplugging and replugging his headset into the controller solved the problem.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2005, 08:39:50 PM »

Damn, that means Gellar missed out on all the creative terms I used to insult him after smashing me into walls.  biggrin
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2005, 08:53:36 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"
Damn, that means Gellar missed out on all the creative terms I used to insult him after smashing me into walls.  biggrin

LOL.  I did feel bad when you spun at the start of the Nurburgring.  I thought that was just some friendly tapping smile

gellar
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: