http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 06:03:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walmart Bundles online  (Read 7324 times)
Scoop20906
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2005, 06:28:19 PM »

I think it is neat you finally got the Xbox 360 because you were seriously trying hard. Man, how many trips to stores did you take in total since the launch?

From reading, seems like well over 10.

I would have been doing the same thing but there isn't once single must have title at launch for the Xbox 360 like Halo was back in the day and even then I waited a month after launch to get it too. So, I guess I am doing the same thing this time.  But, if they were available in stores I would have picked one up already.

ANYWAY>>> CONGRATS!! GAME ON!  :twisted:

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
philosophist_
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2005, 06:31:10 PM »

Looks like they're finally "Out of Stock". At least I'm no longer tempted, although I am a bit disappointed; I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Oh well. I had a 360 in my hands on launch day and choose to unload it on ebay. Wish I would have kept it, now. The $120 profit I made wasn't worth the fun I would have had over the xmas break.
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2005, 06:40:51 PM »

I bought it to this morning....and did do next day shipping. So you are not alone in having anxiety on the costs...

the 3 games I choise were....
Gothem racing, Madden and NHL
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2005, 06:41:40 PM »

Quote from: "philosophist_"
Looks like they're finally "Out of Stock". At least I'm no longer tempted, although I am a bit disappointed; I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Oh well. I had a 360 in my hands on launch day and choose to unload it on ebay. Wish I would have kept it, now. The $120 profit I made wasn't worth the fun I would have had over the xmas break.

WOW!   You resisted for hours!   I'm completely impressed.

My wife is more calm than I am.   She is confident that I'll either be able to return the unwanted components to Walmart or either ebay them for close to what they are worth.

The hard part now is parting with some of the stuff --  My wife herself told me 'you wanted an extra controller, right?'  and 'you want more than one game, right?'.    I just have a hard time spending THAT much on a ton of gaming stuff.    I know I already dropped a bunch... but taking a portion of it back for a refund seems to be the more frugal thing to do than keeping 3 games and a controller at this point.

I guess I'll decide next week.   I hope beyond hope that this thing comes in the mail on Friday by some miracle.   If not -- no biggie -- but it would certainly sweeten the deal.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2005, 06:42:35 PM »

Quote from: "dedewhale"
I bought it to this morning....and did do next day shipping. So you are not alone in having anxiety on the costs...

Has your status moved?   Mine hasn't.    

That next day shipping is where I drew the line --  $174 shipping.

Whoa!

You know what I'm sayin?

Edit to add:   Are you also planning to return some of the stuff like the surround sound system?
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2005, 06:57:48 PM »

msduncan -- good to see you'll be in the 360 club soon!!  Hope that it does manage to arrive on Saturday at the latest for you!!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2005, 06:58:10 PM »

Quote from: "stimpy"
Quote from: "msduncan"
Quote from: "Rubyeye"
I think you got fucked.

What do you mean?

I think what he means is "I'm jealous you finally got what you want and I am bitter enough to try and crap on your parade. Once I get bumped up to Fry Guy, I may have enough to afford to buy my own , but for now I will just try to get my entertainment the old fashion way, by trying to bring others down to my level of misery."

Dont worry...there is one in every crowd, or forum.
Sometimes there are even like 2 of them!!!

PWND!

Actually, I was saying what probably the majority of folks that read these forums were thinking.  I could be wrong but I bet not!  There are more than two of me in this crowd!   Tongue

omgz
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2005, 06:59:01 PM »

Quote from: "philosophist_"

I'm still a tad nervous.    I popped over to teamxbox and read the thread there (which I see you posted to) and there was all kinds of confusion on whether you could take the extra stuff back or not.

A couple people had good experiences with it in the past, or were told you could by the CS rep on the phone -- and then a couple people were told on the phone you could not -- that you had to return the whole bundle if you returned it.

So I'm still in the dark and will be until I get to the CS desk when I get the shipment in.
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2005, 07:06:06 PM »

Has your status moved?   Mine hasn't.    

That next day shipping is where I drew the line --  $174 shipping.

Whoa!

You know what I'm sayin?

Edit to add:   Are you also planning to return some of the stuff like the surround sound system?

I ordered mine back at 830 am est...and the status has not moved at all. I did pay for the extra shipping. I am not confident I will get everything tomorrow. I am not sure whether I will return the surround sound. It sounds like a good idea but laziness often settles in, and those speakers look cool. I am on the fence.

Walmart does not have their act together...I called to change my shipping address to my work and she could not guarantee the shipping dudes would catch the address change frown
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2005, 07:11:33 PM »

Quote from: "stimpy"
I think you got fucked.

What do you mean?

I think what he means is "I'm jealous you finally got what you want and I am bitter enough to try and crap on your parade. Once I get bumped up to Fry Guy, I may have enough to afford to buy my own , but for now I will just try to get my entertainment the old fashion way, by trying to bring others down to my level of misery."

Dont worry...there is one in every crowd, or forum.
Sometimes there are even like 2 of them!!!

PWND!

Actually, I was saying what probably the majority of folks that read these forums were thinking.  I could be wrong but I bet not!  There are more than two of me in this crowd!   Tongue

You mean that I payed too much,  won't get it in time, or that I wont be able to return the unwanted items?

All of this I'm scared silly about.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2005, 07:19:37 PM »

I'd think you should be fine with the surround sound system return -- I mean, Walmart sells it in stores, right?  If they hassle you in the least on a return, it seems like it'd be possible to bring it back another day after Christmas and claim it was a gift...  Especially this time of the year, return policies are insanely generous.

Now, you might only get store credit, versus cash back, but that doesn't seem like a huge deal?

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2005, 07:28:16 PM »

Dosen't matter if it's in the stores or not.  What it may come down to is if the shipping list shows each item priced individually or not.  If it dosen't, there might be an issue on the Surround Sound.  The games and such are easier, though.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2005, 07:41:03 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Dosen't matter if it's in the stores or not.  What it may come down to is if the shipping list shows each item priced individually or not.  If it dosen't, there might be an issue on the Surround Sound.  The games and such are easier, though.

On my order status page they certainly have each and every stinking item being processed seperately.
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2005, 07:48:23 PM »

On my order status page they certainly have each and every stinking item being processed seperately.

but if you notice only one price is listed for the enitre bundle it does not break a price out for each line item. Which may make it difficult to determine a value for the line item
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2005, 07:53:54 PM »

but if you notice only one price is listed for the enitre bundle it does not break a price out for each line item. Which may make it difficult to determine a value for the line item

frown

I hope this doesn't cause me serious trouble.    I really don't want to be stuck with an $1100 Xbox 360.   I'd like to get the price down by returning some of this stuff.    I can even live with a $150 premium over $400.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2005, 07:59:25 PM »

What I was meaning is, this time of the year, you don't necessarily need a store receipt to return items...  "It was a gift, but I didn't feel comfortable asking for the receipt to return it."  Short, sweet, and the clerk behind the customer service desk probably doesn't care either way.

Absolute worst case though, you should certainly be able to get most of the value for it on EBay.

I'd be willing to bet that you have nothing to worry about on that part in the end...

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2005, 08:04:52 PM »

OK ok.....

I guess it's done now, so I should relax and play it by ear when it gets here.

If it's in the manufacturer's box, then I guess the worse thing that could happen is either ebay it, or have them give me a store credit card which I would use to buy groceries the next couple times.

I'd rather get cash back though.
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2005, 08:11:52 PM »

A quick check on ebay shows that surround system going for an average of about $200, with a couple being sold for Buy It Now prices of $299.
I think you'll be fine getting most of your dough back for them.
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2005, 08:16:30 PM »

OK ok.....

If it's in the manufacturer's box, then I guess the worse thing that could happen is either ebay it, or have them give me a store credit card which I would use to buy groceries the next couple times.

I'd rather get cash back though.

I think you need to stop worrying and just now revel in the fact you are a day or so away from getting something that is going to bring you a lot of fun and you cant really put a price tag on it.....sit back and enjoy. It will be worth it in the end.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2005, 09:45:02 PM »

If you don't open the surround sound system I don't see how they could not take it back.
I'd suggest trying to take it back unopened first and if that doesn't work, open it up and say "hello" to it, so you bring it back and say it's defective and demand a refund. Hopefull your local walmart doesn't have others in stock so they're forced to give you a refund, or at the very least (as mentioned), store credit. You can get some other xbox games or just hold on to it for a while.

And congragulations on finally getting your xbox 360.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2005, 10:17:58 PM »

Worst case on the surround sound- take it back, unopened, sans receipt, and tell them it was a gift from Christmas that you don't want.  At a minimum they will almost assuredly give you a store credit.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2005, 01:11:47 AM »

Exactly.  Go home, poke the wife, and relax  :lol:

---
XBox Live: ScottW
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2005, 01:40:15 AM »

Good news!   My stuff has shipped.    Including the Xbox 360.

With luck, it MIGHT get here by Friday in time to go under the tree!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2005, 02:19:05 AM »

nod  nod  nod  biggrin

I look forward to seeing you on Live this holiday weekend!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2005, 02:20:53 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

nod  nod  nod  biggrin

I look forward to seeing you on Live this holiday weekend!

I hope so!!!  biggrin
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2005, 02:40:22 AM »

I was looking at my shipping info closer.... and you wouldn't fucking believe what I see.....

Every single package in the shipment shipped 2 to 3 day like I ordered.....

However....   the SYSTEM is showing STANDARD shipping.    Are you fucking kidding me???

Can my luck get any worse????
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2005, 04:14:13 AM »

Yes... it COULD arrive DOA. Knock on wood.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2005, 04:38:37 AM »

I was looking at my shipping info closer.... and you wouldn't fucking believe what I see.....

However....   the SYSTEM is showing STANDARD shipping.    Are you fucking kidding me???

Sounds like a call to customer service is in order.  They may not be able to speed up the shipment, but they should be able to refund part of the shipping.  I'm pretty sure to ship the primary selling point of the bundle at a slower rate than the rest is criminally negligent.  At the very least, it's bad form and worthy of some form of compensation.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2005, 01:24:25 PM »

I would not trust everything on the web site...it seems very slow and information tedious....I called UPS and they confirmed overnight shipping to my work address while the website is showing things will arrive 1 to 2 days and the product is shipping to my home address....so dont trust what you read....also the invoices are showing individual prices for everything, which will make the return easier.
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2005, 01:28:53 PM »

The system maybe shipping from a different warehouse that is close to you and they know it will get to you within your shipping timeframe option.  I was one of the lucky ones to get a system from online at circuit city before launch and chose their free shipping option.  It said that I could expect the package to arrive a week after thanksgiving, which was 2 weeks from the time i placed the order, but I got it the day before Thanksgiving biggrin   So I guess I wouldn't get too caught up in their shipping times and they know this is more than likely a christmas present so my guess is you will probably have it before christmas they just say it may not arrive before to cover themselves.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2005, 01:38:16 PM »

Congrats.. Im glad you got one finally.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2005, 01:44:38 PM »

Well I heard a report on NPR last night about the earthquake victims in Pakistan who will probably be freezing to death becuase of lack of even a warm room to huddle in.....so yeah your luck could get a lot worse.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2005, 02:32:05 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"

Well I heard a report on NPR last night about the earthquake victims in Pakistan who will probably be freezing to death becuase of lack of even a warm room to huddle in.....so yeah your luck could get a lot worse.

I was having a great Christmas season and then you had to go and mention NPR.....  slywink

Just kidding.   Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to you farley!
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2005, 02:33:09 PM »

Quote from: "ChaoZ"
Yes... it COULD arrive DOA. Knock on wood.

DOA is one of the games I want for it...

slywink
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2005, 02:43:31 PM »

I've got a used copy of Madden I could sell to you smile.

---
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2005, 02:48:27 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"

I've got a used copy of Madden I could sell to you smile.

Madden was one of the games I had to choose for it.   Did you not like it very much or something?
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2005, 03:30:17 PM »

Madden was one of the games I had to choose for it. Did you not like it very much or something?

No, just kidding, as I know of your distaste for Madden.  I actually really enjoy it, to be honest.  Its missing a ton of features, and has tons of holes in the AI, and gameplay.  But its a fun game of football for the most part, and it does look really nice.  

I think the feature I miss most about those Sega football games is some of the play calling ability, and choosing your line and LB sets differently then converage sets, as opposed to just the general Madden defensive sets, or even the last revision of ESPN.

So far, I've enjoyed Madden, and CoD2 is pretty good (though I'd buy it for the PC since its cheaper).  PGR3's in car view is simply amazing, but the game feels sterile in some ways.  Gun was a fun short game, but looks like a 3 year old PC game.  The only game I bought was Madden, the others I'm getting from Gamefly slowly.

---
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2005, 03:58:15 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Madden was one of the games I had to choose for it. Did you not like it very much or something?

No, just kidding, as I know of your distaste for Madden.  I actually really enjoy it, to be honest.  Its missing a ton of features, and has tons of holes in the AI, and gameplay.  But its a fun game of football for the most part, and it does look really nice.  

I think the feature I miss most about those Sega football games is some of the play calling ability, and choosing your line and LB sets differently then converage sets, as opposed to just the general Madden defensive sets, or even the last revision of ESPN.

So far, I've enjoyed Madden, and CoD2 is pretty good (though I'd buy it for the PC since its cheaper).  PGR3's in car view is simply amazing, but the game feels sterile in some ways.  Gun was a fun short game, but looks like a 3 year old PC game.  The only game I bought was Madden, the others I'm getting from Gamefly slowly.

Have you tried Kong?
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2005, 04:11:16 PM »

Have you tried Kong?

Next on my list smile, hopefully next week.  Heard it is to dark without an HDTV though.  Kong looks fun.  I'm trying to just enjoy the games as I go, rather then worry about reviews.  Sometimes I get to caught up in that.  So I'm going to try and play through most of the 360 games.  

Definitely try all the arcade games though.

---
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2005, 05:15:22 PM »

I paid $170 for next day shipping and look what message I get form UPS when I track the packages

THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

I am furious!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: