http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 12:51:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wahammer 40K: Space Marine  (Read 17023 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: September 19, 2011, 05:38:06 AM »

Interesting, I should start working towards those perks. I've always liked the idea of the vanilla soldier and excelling at that. Getting extra armor/shield damage and pinpoint accuracy is pretty nice with both bolter perks.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »

OK, getting annoyed that some of the enemies in single player totally ignore your squad mates and go straight for you no matter what.  it feels like I got the c-list of the Ultramarines as my backup at times.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2011, 10:28:16 AM

OK, getting annoyed that some of the enemies in single player totally ignore your squad mates and go straight for you no matter what.  it feels like I got the c-list of the Ultramarines as my backup at times.

Well in theory, you are the biggest threat  icon_wink

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2011, 12:53:18 PM »

They are invincible window dressing, so I don't blame the bad guys for targeting Titus.  icon_smile

I sometimes find them useful in terms of sometimes picking out targets by following their bullet tracer paths, or as pointed out here, finding the "safe spots" in certain climactic boss battles.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2011, 03:07:49 PM »

They also serve to shout encouraging words of approval for particularly grizzly kills.  "An honorable kill captain", which always made me laugh out loud because it usually followed Titus turning a bad guy into bloody meat chunks.   

Squad member value:
1.  Spotting enemies
2.  Finding safe spots
3.  Cheerleading
4.  Navigation (not that you need help)
5.  Plot development and some good one liners

Apparently Titus and his squadmates don't read Warhammer 40k novels because they would have known right from the beginning of the story how shitty things were about to get as soon as they saw a servo skull with the seal of the Inquisition.  It's like a movie scene where we know more than the characters.  It never ends smoothly when the Inquisition is onsite.  And they combined it with the other Warhammer 40k "you know you're f***ed when" you hear someone say, "I'm just tinkering with the warp.  Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."     

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

On co-op, fwiw, the official Space Marine Twitter reiterated that it's tentatively expected "in early October," fwiw. Since he says to "expect it in a few weeks," I tend to parse that as somewhere around or after the first week of October. I thought it was interesting he referred to the mode as "Horde Mode/ Dungeon Crawl."

I did just one MP session last night, and it was kind of a revelation. I was clearly playing mostly with and against sniper types. I had a brief flurry of success with my chainsword/jump pack combo just sneaking up behind turtling snipers and doing some slashing. They eventually stopped my rampage but I managed 5-6 kills in a very short period of time and finally got much closer to the Swordsman's Zeal (what's that do anyway?) perk.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

On a whim I decided to try MP with mouse and keyboard. Surprise, I found that I actually do better on shooting. But I do find that my melee combat is better w/ the gamepad. Oh well, I'm sticking w/ mouse and keyboard for MP and definitely getting better at my close-in game.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 19, 2011, 12:53:18 PM

They are invincible window dressing, so I don't blame the bad guys for targeting Titus.  icon_smile

I sometimes find them useful in terms of sometimes picking out targets by following their bullet tracer paths, or as pointed out here, finding the "safe spots" in certain climactic boss battles.

I guess I'm spoiled with Bad Company 2's helpful squad mate AI.

tried MP the other night and the game matchmaked me into a match with almost everyone having jetpacks and sniper rifles.   guess I got to get used to people being able to fly away as soon as they start taking damage.

Because I can,
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2011, 03:35:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2011, 03:21:14 PM

tried MP the other night and the game matchmaked me into a match with almost everyone having jetpacks and sniper rifles.   guess I got to get used to people being able to fly away as soon as they start taking damage.

On the Seize Ground gametype I've found that as long as I try to cap points I generally end up near the middle of the ranks on my team. Even w/ a 3-8 kill/death average. Take advantage of copying your killer's loadout and spawn either on capped points or on someone w/ teleport homer.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 20, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2011, 03:21:14 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on September 19, 2011, 12:53:18 PM

OK, getting annoyed that some of the enemies in single player totally ignore your squad mates and go straight for you no matter what.  it feels like I got the c-list of the Ultramarines as my backup at times.
They are invincible window dressing, so I don't blame the bad guys for targeting Titus.  icon_smile

I guess I'm spoiled with Bad Company 2's helpful squad mate AI.

tried MP the other night and the game matchmaked me into a match with almost everyone having jetpacks and sniper rifles.   guess I got to get used to people being able to fly away as soon as they start taking damage.
There's a perk where your jump pack's exhaust damages anyone near you (and another that blows up when you die, giving you a chance to "take someone with you" and earn XP). So if you see people jumping next to you and then quickly jumping off, they might be trying to exploit that.

On the rare occasions you can nail a jump pack guy in flight, it's priceless, and I believe you get a cool XP bonus. "Death from below," something like that.  icon_smile imho the key to enjoying MP is trying everything and not getting in a rut. If my favorite loadouts aren't working for me, I try something else or I do the "copy loadout" feature of my assassin and see how that works.

Jump pack guys might seem invincible or tough to target, but if you time your shots and grenade tosses right, revenge is possible.  icon_twisted It's easier said than done but I've tried "leading" jump pack targets -- shoot where they're "going to be" rather than "where they are."

Don't forget the F key (foot stomp) on some classes, which can help knock melee guys off balance (has happened to me a lot).

Obviously I'm mediocre, so consider the source on any advice I have.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:25:29 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
vrinnc
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »

I have found that I usually suck at MP.  It seems that I have a large glowing light surrounding me that everyone can see from anywhere on the map.  I have found though that if I think someone will kill me in melee, dropping a grenade at my feet before I die is usually a nice repayment.  Especially with Master Crafted Wargear(I think that is what it is called) equipped.

Even though I get killed all the time, I find myself really liking the MP.  I have also finished the campaign(on easy) and that was a lot of fun as well.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »

Quote from: vrinnc on September 21, 2011, 02:07:53 PM

I have found that I usually suck at MP.  It seems that I have a large glowing light surrounding me that everyone can see from anywhere on the map.  I have found though that if I think someone will kill me in melee, dropping a grenade at my feet before I die is usually a nice repayment.  Especially with Master Crafted Wargear(I think that is what it is called) equipped.

Even though I get killed all the time, I find myself really liking the MP.  I have also finished the campaign(on easy) and that was a lot of fun as well.
I only see a large glowing light after I get killed in the game. Which is often. smirk

My European Steam bud Topper has suddenly become an MP expert. He's up to upper 20s level-wise, and his Steam screenshot album has a lot of pix of him being the top scorer in several sessions. He also always seems to have more kills than deaths (never the case with me, I think once I finished even).

Although I find the flashbangs more frustrating than fun, some use them to make a quick getaway. I think I might've favored those things blurring your aim or making it sloppy rather than blinding everybody in sight.

btw, in PC version is there any way to simply exit a server? I've only wanted to do that a couple of times due to severe lag problems with the game host. I haven't found any way to do it short of alt-tabbing to task manager and simply shutting the whole game down.

No matter how poorly I'm doing, I stick it out to the end. But when the host is obviously having problems and there's stuttering and freezing etc. due to that (i.e., "waiting for host" messages on screen), I'd like some ability to get out of the game neatly. I've tried Googling and what not, haven't found an answer to that (hitting Esc does nothing).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:47:34 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2011, 10:35:50 PM »

Just to reassure people (if there was any doubt) I still suck at MP, I went into a game last night and got repeatedly ... slaughtered, to avoid using less delicate words.  icon_razz Got 1 kill, 10 deaths in a few pathetic minutes of play. It was on a map I normally do well on. I noticed a lot of players frantically hitting the roll key over and over and over and over to try to avoid fire. I'm wondering if they might at some point insert some seconds minimum between frantic spacebar pressing, via patch...

Although I'm usually prone to click everyone's mic icon (because nobody ever has it set to press to talk ... btw, I'm shocked how many people apparently play Space Marine while holding a crying baby in their laps  saywhat), listening for a few seconds usually gives me a clue what kind of server I've stumbled onto.

I still haven't figured out a hotkey or button to let me exit a server. Anyone have an idea? (I've done searches, nothing comes up; once I heard a guy muttering in his mic "How do I exit this screwed up server?") Do I really have to close the game from the task bar just to exit a server, particularly one where the host is having problems?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:44:06 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 23, 2011, 03:31:29 PM »

The PC Patch is Out Today (nothing special, although the "mute all" should help squelch all the "mouth breathing" faster/more easily)
http://www.spacemarine.com/forums/topic/6856
Patch Notes:

Added mute all functionality and push to talk
    Fixed ‘butterfly’ exploit.  confused
    Update matchmaking parameters to search for local matches longer.
    Fixed a crash when cancelling a search
    Fixed an issue where profile progress would not be saved properly if steam cloud was disabled.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 25, 2011, 04:44:55 AM »

I misread a Twitter post earlier, and they put in one more small PC version patch to fix an exploit:
http://www.spacemarine.com/forums/topic/6988
After yesterday’s successful patch for Space Marine on the PC which addressed a number of issues that players had reported to us, we are patching again today to resolve another issue raised by the community. This patch will once again be released through Steam.

Once again we would like to thank the community for working with us to help make Space Marine the best gaming experience for everyone.

Patch Notes:
    Fixed an exploit where the player can move at high speeds when switching weapons with the Weapons Versatility perk equipped during multiplayer.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2011, 01:05:05 AM »

Just played 2 games where my kill/death ratio was 11/25 and 10/19, yet still managed to score near the middle of the pack with  3 seized flags/1 defended and 5 seized flags/1 defended. Moral of the story: if you're playing seize ground, forget about your kill/death ratio or hunting the enemy. Seize the damn flags and let the enemy come to you. Or at the very least, have them focus on you seizing flags so the better shooters on your team can support.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2011, 02:42:55 AM »

Quote from: raydude on September 26, 2011, 01:05:05 AM

Just played 2 games where my kill/death ratio was 11/25 and 10/19, yet still managed to score near the middle of the pack with  3 seized flags/1 defended and 5 seized flags/1 defended. Moral of the story: if you're playing seize ground, forget about your kill/death ratio or hunting the enemy. Seize the damn flags and let the enemy come to you. Or at the very least, have them focus on you seizing flags so the better shooters on your team can support.

Yep all about the flags. Im still playing on xbox. At level 38 now an it's going real slow to the end.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 26, 2011, 02:42:55 AM

Quote from: raydude on September 26, 2011, 01:05:05 AM

Just played 2 games where my kill/death ratio was 11/25 and 10/19, yet still managed to score near the middle of the pack with  3 seized flags/1 defended and 5 seized flags/1 defended. Moral of the story: if you're playing seize ground, forget about your kill/death ratio or hunting the enemy. Seize the damn flags and let the enemy come to you. Or at the very least, have them focus on you seizing flags so the better shooters on your team can support.

Yep all about the flags. Im still playing on xbox. At level 38 now an it's going real slow to the end.
True, though I had a hard time working through the weapons perks as most are kill and kill streak-based. Except for one brief shining day I mentioned here early on, I've found kill streaks pretty impossible to come by. At this point I might just wait for the co-op add-on, which should (in theory) be out in the next couple of weeks (I'm at L20).

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2011, 12:58:02 AM »

In one game as a Tac marine, my teleport beacon perk pretty much gave us the game, as I'd hover just between the two control points on the enemy side of the map and let me team spawn on me. Since you get 50 XP every time someone spawns on you, I ended up with the top XP score on the whole team, despite getting fewer kills than the top players.

Plus, when you spawn on a control point, you spawn right in the middle of the point, so people can gun you down when you do, it's safer to have a nearby teleport beacon.

Oh and I'm also very close to getting the Bolter's Targeter perk, which should make my bolter much more useful overall.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 27, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »

Yeah but can't they add some high-level heat seeking missile perks so I can have the joy of bringing down jump pack guys over and over?  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2011, 11:29:18 PM »

Just use the heavy bolter. It's like skeet shooting if you setup in a good position. Had one game where high level ASM were running all over the place around the central point being a nuisance. I got my anti ASM build, parked on a ledge over that point and was downing flyboys the entire match, winning us the game.

I always have that build ready for when ASM start getting too cocky and fly all over the place. Their slow parabolic arcs are easy to predict, and if they have to jet back to the ground quickly, that means they aren't landing on target to attack a teammate.

They got so frustrated with me pretty much cancelling out their level 40 builds that they all started coming for me, but I had perks that negated their advantages, often killing 2-3 of them per death. Quite fun.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 28, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 27, 2011, 11:29:18 PM

Just use the heavy bolter. It's like skeet shooting if you setup in a good position. Had one game where high level ASM were running all over the place around the central point being a nuisance. I got my anti ASM build, parked on a ledge over that point and was downing flyboys the entire match, winning us the game.

I always have that build ready for when ASM start getting too cocky and fly all over the place. Their slow parabolic arcs are easy to predict, and if they have to jet back to the ground quickly, that means they aren't landing on target to attack a teammate.

They got so frustrated with me pretty much cancelling out their level 40 builds that they all started coming for me, but I had perks that negated their advantages, often killing 2-3 of them per death. Quite fun.

Hehe, my favorite "win us the game" tactic is to use tactical w/ rapid deployment and teleport and park on an objective that I know will be hotly contested. If ASMs are jumping for me, I just put grenades down at my feet and get ready with my storm bolter. That way, even if I lose I usually take the ASM with me, and then I rapid respawn on the contested point. That usually is enough to keep them from capping it. My deaths outnumber my kills by 2/1 or 3/1 but I prefer winning as a team anyway.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2011, 01:41:19 AM »

The official Twitter page suggests they'll have an update on the Exterminatus co-op mode very soon:
http://twitter.com/#!/SpaceMarine
@SpaceMarine @RaphLife Any word on Exterminatus mode release date?
9 hours ago
in reply to ↑
Space Marine

@SpaceMarine Space Marine
@patusani We have more details headed your way.
9 hours ago via TweetDeck

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2011, 01:57:48 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 04, 2011, 01:41:19 AM

The official Twitter page suggests they'll have an update on the Exterminatus co-op mode very soon:
@SpaceMarine @RaphLife Any word on Exterminatus mode release date?
9 hours ago
in reply to ↑
Space Marine

@SpaceMarine Space Marine
@patusani We have more details headed your way.
9 hours ago via TweetDeck

Nice. Sad this game isn't getting the sales it deserves.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 07, 2011, 06:41:14 PM »

Terminatus Co-op mode announced... much later than I expected...

Space Marine – Exterminatus DLC Date Announced (Oct. 25)
http://www.thqinsider.co.uk/2011/10/07/space-marine-exterminatus-dlc/
The Exterminatus DLC for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is to be released on the 25th October, for 360, PS3 and PC!

This DLC is free, and adds the Exterminatus mode: four-player online co-op, set on either Assault on Hab Center Andreas or Escape from Kalkys Facility and featuring Space Marines versus Orks and Chaos Space Marines.

Performance in co-op will add to players’ multiplayer rankings, while perks which have been unlocked in multiplayer can also be used in this mode too.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 07, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 07, 2011, 06:41:14 PM

The Exterminatus DLC for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is to be released on the 25th October, for 360, PS3 and PC!

This DLC is free, and adds the Exterminatus mode: four-player online co-op, set on either Assault on Hab Center Andreas or Escape from Kalkys Facility and featuring Space Marines versus Orks and Chaos Space Marines.

Performance in co-op will add to players’ multiplayer rankings, while perks which have been unlocked in multiplayer can also be used in this mode too.

This game is a keeper for me, so I'll still be DL'ing this!
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2011, 04:36:35 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 07, 2011, 08:14:16 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on October 07, 2011, 06:41:14 PM

This game is a keeper for me, so I'll still be DL'ing this!

Ditto. I think I've played Seize Ground every night, with the exception of a few nights when we had to move to the new house.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 13, 2011, 03:33:59 AM »

Postmortem w/ Relic's Andy Lang by Eurogamer (which had trashed the game, as I mentioned here way back):
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-12-relic-post-mortems-space-marine
Lang thinks it would have been "really cool" to have co-op at Space Marine launch, a month ago. That feature will soon be added via the Exterminatus DLC, due 25th October.

"If I look at when I play a Space Marine," he added, "I look at adding more puzzles, more variety to the gameplay experience, so the player has to think a little harder when they're entering an encounter when they're entering a space.

"Challenge the player a little more," he said. "Just more refinement - more polish in that area is something that I would really have loved to gotten in."
Some food for thought if they get to do more later. It hasn't really been enough of a blockbuster to guarantee that though. Most of the interview is pretty cryptic.

I did get the impression with that last jetpack level (so cool) was that maybe they had just figured out how to make maps that really forced you to push the jump pack to the limits of abilities. If more is to come, I hope we get more maps of that ilk.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 13, 2011, 04:13:11 PM »

I don't want puzzles, f**k that.  I don't think he understands what's good about the game if he's thinking adding puzzles will make it better.  If he means harder tactical set pieces, I guess, but the fun is in the killing, not running around trying to noodle through a puzzle.  Maybe I'm getting hung up on the word puzzle  icon_razz

Coop single player would have been awesome.  An action rpg leveling system would have been cool too.  Something that mirrored the multiplayer perk system.  Maybe a branching campaign that allowed for some choice as the player faced the temptation of chaos.  I thought the levels were pretty good, a little bit too much running at times.  More jumppack levels would have been awesome.  Getting the chance to suit up in terminator armor would have been fun.  I could keep going with ideas, and none of them have anything to do with a 10 foot tall, genetic superhuman warrior-freak solving puzzles.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: October 14, 2011, 07:18:09 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on October 13, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

I don't want puzzles, f**k that.  I don't think he understands what's good about the game if he's thinking adding puzzles will make it better.  If he means harder tactical set pieces, I guess, but the fun is in the killing, not running around trying to noodle through a puzzle.  Maybe I'm getting hung up on the word puzzle  icon_razz

I think he means introducing more combat arenas with more to them than just defeating the enemy, such as using the environment to your advantage (mounted guns is a basic example).
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 14, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »

I think he means that to enter a zone, you have to play Tetris, or manipulate a giant Rubik's Cube, or you have to reach a certain score in Bejeweled.  icon_eek "I'm a Space Marine, not an engineer!"  icon_razz

Seriously, I think the turret stuff that's apparently in co-op -- apparently you do certain things to unlock certain automated turrets in the environment to your advantage -- could be a peek at that. We should know in about 11 days.  icon_smile
============

Oh, the Twitter page noted that the Space Marine soundtrack is available on iTunes (or you can just preview some tracks for fun there), here's the web site link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/warhammer-40-000-space-marine/id463182437
*A commenter there notes "Titus' Theme" and "A Hero's Legacy" (end credits) as maybe the two tracks worth getting if you're into listening to orchestral stuff regularly.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:11:24 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 14, 2011, 03:04:30 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 14, 2011, 02:54:20 PM

I think he means that to enter a zone, you have to play Tetris, or manipulate a giant Rubik's Cube, or you have to reach a certain score in Bejeweled.  icon_eek "I'm a Space Marine, not an engineer!"  icon_razz
Lol...awesome.  Just picturing that made me crack up. icon_smile 

I'm looking forward to the coop stuff.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »

The Space Marine Twitter page pointed out a new THQ video all about the co-op (due out Tuesday, Oct. 25):

[YouTube] Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Exterminatus Co-op DLC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh58Z0vsARQ&feature=youtu.be

In case you don't have time to watch it (it's about 3:37 long):

Menus>Online>Exterminatus, or Exterminatus Private

Two Map Choices (you can start in different arenas within each): Hab Center Assault, or Kalkys Facility Escape.
Staring Arena: (seems to be 4 arenas within each of those co-op missions)

Then the typical options including friendly fire, allowing perks, etc.

*Footage from a co-op game starts at about the 1:40 point in the video.

*The narrator notes they plan to support the game with additional DLC "in the near future."  icon_smile
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:35:08 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 25, 2011, 02:35:53 PM »

Just a reminder the co-op DLC drops today. I wasn't seeing anything about it on the Steam store page last time I checked.

Quote from: Blackjack on October 21, 2011, 06:44:20 PM

The Space Marine Twitter page pointed out a new THQ video all about the co-op (due out Tuesday, Oct. 25):

[YouTube] Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Exterminatus Co-op DLC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh58Z0vsARQ&feature=youtu.be

In case you don't have time to watch it (it's about 3:37 long):

Menus>Online>Exterminatus, or Exterminatus Private

Two Map Choices (you can start in different arenas within each): Hab Center Assault, or Kalkys Facility Escape.
Staring Arena: (seems to be 4 arenas within each of those co-op missions)

Then the typical options including friendly fire, allowing perks, etc.

*Footage from a co-op game starts at about the 1:40 point in the video.

*The narrator notes they plan to support the game with additional DLC "in the near future."  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 25, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »

Co-op is now officially out on PC (and PS3):
The Exterminatus Co-op mode is now available to download for free on PC & PS3 and will be available soon on Xbox Live.
An official co-op trailer is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFv6dVl4YL4&feature=youtu.be

Just a shame they didn't have it in at launch. With Battlefield 3 and other big releases blotting out the sun now, maybe not the best timing to push a DLC out.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:11:58 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 25, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 25, 2011, 06:08:36 PM

Co-op is now officially out on PC (and PS3):
The Exterminatus Co-op mode is now available to download for free on PC & PS3 and will be available soon on Xbox Live.
An official co-op trailer is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFv6dVl4YL4&feature=youtu.be

Just a shame they didn't have it in at launch. With Battlefield 3 and other big releases blotting out the sun now, maybe not the best timing to push a DLC out.

So you're saying you still won't be playing this? Pity.  Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 25, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »

I'm guessing tonight would be an exercise in futility if one needed to redownload the whole game because it was uninstalled., right?  I need to focus on RAGE anyways.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 25, 2011, 06:22:17 PM »

CeeKay, fwiw, a Steam bud just told me the update is "only" (in my dialup days, the notion would make me laugh) about 650MB so I don't think that is going to stress out the Steam servers so much that it would impact your re-downloading the full game.  icon_smile Although it's adding two big maps with 4 arenas apiece, it isn't otherwise adding a lot of assets afik, so that's probably why it's not a mega-download per se.

I'm pretty much resigned to not playing FPSs anymore (motion sickness), so I'm just saying a lot of the masses in gaming-dom will be busy with other things today and... for a while. But not me -- for me it's actually fine timing.  icon_smile

Now if Renegade Ops can just actually get released tomorrow, this will have been a very excellent week for co-op.  icon_cool
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:52:31 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 26, 2011, 03:54:30 AM »

I got in a few co-op games just now. While it's fairly fun, I can't help thinking some sort of real, even just mini-, co-op campaign would've been a bit more satisfying. Here the biggest thrill is probably taking over and protecting key points and on some maps getting to activate some turrets.

A few glimpses:

*I think the Lives meter in the left is the group pool of respawn lives your team has left.

The enemies spawn from all sorts of directions, preceded by the usual Orc Yell. The symbols over players' heads indicate what class you are (up arrow means jump pack guy etc.).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:29:14 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 03, 2011, 03:53:36 PM »

Supposedly a 2nd round of co-op DLC is planned (looks like they're charging this time), along with a CTF adversarial mode, this is details on the console versions:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-02-new-warhammer-40k-space-marine-dlc-announced
A second set of DLC is on its way to Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, THQ has announced.

Due on all formats in December priced at 800 Microsoft Points or equivalent, the add-on includes a new Exterminatus co-op mode called Chaos Unleashed which sees you playing as a Chaos Space Marine fighting off both Orks and Imperial Guard Forces.

There are also three new multiplayer maps (Habs Ablaze, Station Tertius and Aquila Canyon0, new boss rounds, achievements and a new enemy unit - the Imperial Sanctioned Psyker.

Those not willing to open their wallets are also getting new content in the form of a Capture the Flag multiplayer mode.

On top of all that lot, you can also expect new skins for Salamanders, Alpha Legion, Legion of the Damned and Blood Angel, priced at 240 Microsoft Points.
I really would've preferred some sort of modest co-op campaign as opposed to a "run around an arena and blast incoming waves" kind of co-op. I think that's why I'm playing Renegade Ops so much rather than spending any time in Space Marine's co-op.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: