http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 05:19:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viva Pinata?  (Read 19705 times)
Starshifter
Gaming Trend Senior Member

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2006, 01:53:44 PM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on November 16, 2006, 02:37:39 AM

Man this game is fun!  BUT BEWARE... you will lose time!  You will look at the clock and wonder where the past hour went.  I kept saying last night, "I'm going to wait until this pinata stays then I am going to bed... ok, he stayed... now what does it take to get him to mate?  Ok, just one more offspring..."  2 and a half hours after that I went to bed.  This is a very addictive game!

I agree wholeheartedly!  I lost complete track of time last night!  This game is SO addicting.  I kept saying "I'm stopping now so I can play an NHL game".  Well, suffice to say that didn't happen until late.

Question:  I have a mature apple tree.  How do I get apples from it so I can sell them???  They are not falling from the tree and when I poke the tree with my shovel they fall but smash to bits!  Help!!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2006, 01:57:14 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 16, 2006, 01:53:44 PM

Man this game is fun!  BUT BEWARE... you will lose time!  You will look at the clock and wonder where the past hour went.  I kept saying last night, "I'm going to wait until this pinata stays then I am going to bed... ok, he stayed... now what does it take to get him to mate?  Ok, just one more offspring..."  2 and a half hours after that I went to bed.  This is a very addictive game!

I agree wholeheartedly!  I lost complete track of time last night!  This game is SO addicting.  I kept saying "I'm stopping now so I can play an NHL game".  Well, suffice to say that didn't happen until late.

Question:  I have a mature apple tree.  How do I get apples from it so I can sell them???  They are not falling from the tree and when I poke the tree with my shovel they fall but smash to bits!  Help!!

Put the cursor on the tree and hit Y. See how many active fruit points you have. If you have zero, the tree won't grow fruit (unless you can fertilize it somehow?). Otheriwse, just wait a bit.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2006, 02:33:50 PM »

I haven't had any problems with my Raisants other than a very occasional fight but my Fudgehogs are the garden bullys. I can't go 5 mins without having to heal one of their sick victims. It's almost like they thrive and beating down the whromzz. I finally just started selling the fudgehogs as soon as they showed up. (good chocolate coin for them). I like the idea of fencing them in. In fact, now I can see where fences can be useful.

One thing that annoys me is all the flying around some of that flying pinatas do. Its like trying to herd cats to get them to romance. As soon as I get one selected and directed, the other gets distracted so easily and then I am chasing them down again.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 16, 2006, 01:53:44 PM

If the apples are green, they aren't ripe and will smash when they fall.  Your apple tree should have at least 50% active fruit points.  Once they are red and ripe, tap the tree and they will be fine.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2006, 02:41:15 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 16, 2006, 02:36:45 PM

If the apples are green, they aren't ripe and will smash when they fall.  Your apple tree should have at least 50% active fruit points.  Once they are red and ripe, tap the tree and they will be fine.

Ok.  My apples are green.  I didn't notice that since I only eat yellow apples in real life.  I do have 6/12 active fruit points at this point.  I guess I did not wait long enough.  Do I have to continue to water the apple tree once it's mature?

Thanks!

XM Channel 76
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2006, 02:44:31 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on November 16, 2006, 02:33:50 PM

I haven't had any problems with my Raisants other than a very occasional fight but my Fudgehogs are the garden bullys. I can't go 5 mins without having to heal one of their sick victims. It's almost like they thrive and beating down the whromzz. I finally just started selling the fudgehogs as soon as they showed up. (good chocolate coin for them). I like the idea of fencing them in. In fact, now I can see where fences can be useful.

One thing that annoys me is all the flying around some of that flying pinatas do. Its like trying to herd cats to get them to romance. As soon as I get one selected and directed, the other gets distracted so easily and then I am chasing them down again.

Good analogy.  I spent 20 minutes trying to romance some green flutterscotches last night.  Damn things would be flying towards each other... then it was like...

Green Flutterscotch 1: "Awww yeah I am gonna get me some tail.... oooh is that a light, look it is a light, I am gonna head towards the light."

Instruct said flutterscotch back towards Green Flutterscotch #2 who is still sitting quietly, unknowingly on a flower

Green Flutterscotch 1: "Oh man, how could I be so easily distracted from getting a piece of that fine green ass....  ooooh look it is a tulip.  I haven't seen a tulip in this garden before... I better stop and smell the tulip."

Smack said flutterscotch with the shovel.  Redirect again..

Green Flutterscotch 1:"OK, I am gonna make it this time.  Just a few more feet... a few more feet....man am I tired... I think I need some sleep, better head back to the house."

Wait until morning...direct said flutterscotch

Green Flutterscotch 1:"  Phew, what a night, man am I sore today, I need some fruit.  Hey look there are some apples way over on the other side of the garden, I think I will go eat one."

Green Flutterscotch 1 flies right past the blackberries and bananas I have placed in front of the flutterscotch house.  Click on him and redirect him.

This went on and on....not like my buzzlegums, damn those things romance in a heartbeat, they are horndogs.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2006, 02:46:13 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 16, 2006, 02:41:15 PM

Quote from: Arkon on November 16, 2006, 02:36:45 PM

Ok.  My apples are green.  I didn't notice that since I only eat yellow apples in real life.  I do have 6/12 active fruit points at this point.  I guess I did not wait long enough.  Do I have to continue to water the apple tree once it's mature?

Thanks!

Nope, no need to water.  6/12 is average.  I can usually get 10/12 now.  The key is to dig a seed hole, use fertilizer (red) and keep it watered.  Don't leave the tree unless you absolutely have to.  Stay with it, keep it exactly at 50% watered (look at the bars and keep it even) until it is full grown. 
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 16, 2006, 02:46:13 PM

Nope, no need to water.  6/12 is average.  I can usually get 10/12 now.  The key is to dig a seed hole, use fertilizer (red) and keep it watered.  Don't leave the tree unless you absolutely have to.  Stay with it, keep it exactly at 50% watered (look at the bars and keep it even) until it is full grown. 

Arkon - just one more question and I promise no more questions about trees! ninja

I thought my tree was mature already because the water circle thing does not appear anymore when I select the tree.  I guess your tree is not mature until you have a full 12/12 active fruit points?  When do the apples turn red at 12/12?  I'm more confused about the tree than the darn pinatas!  icon_lol

P.S.  Is your friends list full?  I should send you an invite.  Would be easier that way.

XM Channel 76
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2006, 03:28:14 PM »

So I ended up evicting my shellybeans-  I sold the house and anyone that becomes a resident in my garden gets sold off immediately (same with raisant's).  I built a helper house over the old shellybean site and hired a waterling and a gatherling.  I made level eleven last night and got a bigger garden so now I can focus on segregating the various species, but I wish they had an option to move a building instead of having to sell it and rebuild it.

I started making a pond in one corner of the garden and managed to attract a bunch of water pinatas.  I've given up on naming everyone (too much of a pain and I don't have a spare USB keyboard to use right now), so warning and ATB are the only 2 remaining original pinata's (the old married couple of the garden).

I need to look into planting stuff inside the holes you can make with the shovel.  I totally forgot about the ability to do that, and I should plant some more trees to make some extra money now that I have the gatherling.  I also upgraded to the golden watercan and bought the long grass seed packet.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2006, 03:37:56 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 16, 2006, 03:17:02 PM

Arkon - just one more question and I promise no more questions about trees! ninja

I thought my tree was mature already because the water circle thing does not appear anymore when I select the tree.  I guess your tree is not mature until you have a full 12/12 active fruit points?  When do the apples turn red at 12/12?  I'm more confused about the tree than the darn pinatas!  icon_lol

P.S.  Is your friends list full?  I should send you an invite.  Would be easier that way.

Send me the invite!  Anyway, a tree is fully "mature" once the watering circle goes away.  However not all mature trees grew to thier potential.  The 6/12, 10/12 etc is just a rating on how productive the tree is.  By using fertilizer you should be able to hit 10/12, meaning the tree will produce more fruit, more often.  Not sure how to max it yet at 12/12.  It seems alot of plants list crocodile tears as a fertilizer, need to get a croc I guess.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »

I enjoy reading about this game almost as much as playing it (or at least it's a good enough substitute for it while I'm here at work).

Talking with Farscry a bit about this while we were both tending our gardens last night. This manages to take most all of the things we enjoy from Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, and Pokemon, and put them together in a brand new package with a fantastic style all it's own. A truly amazing experience so far and we've barely scratched the surface.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2006, 03:45:48 PM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on November 16, 2006, 03:43:15 PM

I enjoy reading about this game almost as much as playing it (or at least it's a good enough substitute for it while I'm here at work).

Talking with Farscry a bit about this while we were both tending our gardens last night. This manages to take most all of the things we enjoy from Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, and Pokemon, and put them together in a brand new package with a fantastic style all it's own. A truly amazing experience so far and we've barely scratched the surface.

I have to say fyedaddy that you just hit the proverbial nail on the head.  I highlighted it.  In one single sentence you managed to capture the essence of this game.

XM Channel 76
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2006, 03:50:06 PM »

I'm trying to add every active VP player to my friends list (Arkon & CeeKay, I've got invites heading your way now, can't believe you guys weren't on my list) so we can have tricks and treats mailing around to each other. icon_biggrin Hey Starshifter, did I mail you a pinata the other night? I could swear I did when I saw you tooling around in your garden. icon_wink

I've only found one pinata yet that makes sense for a name, so I have a new Jameleon named Hetz. icon_biggrin It really makes it more fun to be referring to a pinata by a name rather than by "Jameleon #3" or whatever. The only other ones I named previously were two candaries: Mr. & Mrs. Twitters, who are now accessorized as a stiff-upper-lip middle-class old British couple. Fyedaddy thinks I'm having too much fun talking to Mr. Twitters with my silly British accent. icon_lol

I'm really going for a bird garden, and have a nice pond so far but no Quackberries (or whatever the ducks are called). I've gotten a nice diversity of flutterscotches now, and my bees (I forget what they're called...) are making lots of honey.

I friggin' love this game. This is the best one yet on the 360 in my opinion! icon_biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2006, 04:07:29 PM »

My Jameleon is named Zartan. 

icon_biggrin

Then I have Buzz and Bumble, my two buzzlegums.
CeeKay, my fez wearing monkey.
SweetChuck my Sweettooth.
Kobra and Lord Ebonstone - my resident raisants who like to fight everyone else

I am sure I have others, can't remember them now tho.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2006, 04:31:47 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 16, 2006, 04:07:29 PM

My Jameleon is named Zartan. 

icon_biggrin

Then I have Buzz and Bumble, my two buzzlegums.
CeeKay, my fez wearing monkey.
SweetChuck my Sweettooth.
Kobra and Lord Ebonstone - my resident raisants who like to fight everyone else

I am sure I have others, can't remember them now tho.

My wife says that naming the pinatas also makes them happier. Haven't confirmed it myself, but it certainly seems to be working in her garden smile.

BTW, I would agree, this is right up there with Dead Rising as my favorite 360 game now. GoW is close, but it's not nearly as addictive as this one.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:42:06 PM by godhugh » Logged
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2006, 05:03:27 PM »

Yeah, Piņatas do a little happy dance when you name them. I just can't find the time with so much going on.
I do have a Buzzlegum named "Doobee" though...ah the halcyon days of Romper Room beckon.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2006, 05:35:15 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on November 16, 2006, 03:50:06 PM

Hey Starshifter, did I mail you a pinata the other night? I could swear I did when I saw you tooling around in your garden. icon_wink

Not that I'm aware of.  What should I look for?  I didn't notice anything nor did I get any kind of alert.  Do I have to go into the post office to find it?  I will check tonight.  icon_biggrin

I'm at work and doing nothing but thinking about getting back to my pinata garden and my darn apple tree!  Farscry is right.  This game has me hooked big time!

XM Channel 76
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2006, 05:36:36 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 16, 2006, 05:35:15 PM

Quote from: Farscry on November 16, 2006, 03:50:06 PM

Hey Starshifter, did I mail you a pinata the other night? I could swear I did when I saw you tooling around in your garden. icon_wink

Not that I'm aware of.  What should I look for?  I didn't notice anything nor did I get any kind of alert.  Do I have to go into the post office to find it?  I will check tonight.  icon_biggrin

Not sure if you get an alert, but you should find it in the post office if it's there. I know I was planning on sending something, but I don't recall if a sour showed up or something started trouble and perhaps that threw me off course. icon_biggrin

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2006, 05:54:35 PM »

I sent a couple of random critters to people the other night.  Don't remember who though.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2006, 07:24:14 PM »

I am just thinking out loud here while I sit at work waiting get back home and play. Tongue

I just was thinking I need to make a bigger flower garden and fence it in. Also a separate veggie and fruit garden which does need as much space and then a small separate thistle garden, both fenced in.

I am also thinking I am going to fence in all the land pinata next to their houses so they are easier to romance. I can also help prevent fights and keep down the chaos. Does anyone know if fenced in pinatas are sadder the free roaming ones? Do they need access to water (the pond) to be healthy and happy?

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2006, 07:40:42 PM »

Scoop you have a very good idea there about fencing in various things.  I might try that tonight with my flower garden.  I would assume that you need to leave one side open so that pinata can come and go right?  You can't box everything in completely right?

Another question.  Are you guys focusing on just a few species at once or are you trying to address as many as possible?  I'm currently focusing on my Tafflys (3), Sparrowmints (3), Mothdrops (2) and Whirlms (Varies) that are the only ones I have gotten to romance.  I have a bunch of "single" pinata all over the place in my garden.  Should I sell them or try to nurture more species or what?  I have about 5-10 other species in singles wandering around, several of which are residents.  I've been waiting for the "second" one of each to come in so I can get them to romance.  I figure I shouldn't buy a house for them unless there is two to tango right???

When the hell is this work day going to be over!

P.S. Scoop I'm sending you a friend request if you got the room.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 07:42:31 PM by Starshifter » Logged

XM Channel 76
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »

We need a tips thread - I can't even find out how to name my Pinata's again.  I know the wiki is there, but I'm hesitant to use it, as I kind of want to explore and learn on my own, but I can't help but bust up laughing at some of the posts.  This game just brings a smile to my face.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2006, 07:45:39 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 16, 2006, 07:40:42 PM

Scoop you have a very good idea there about fencing in various things.  I might try that tonight with my flower garden.  I would assume that you need to leave one side open so that pinata can come and go right?  You can't box everything in completely right?

Another question.  Are you guys focusing on just a few species at once or are you trying to address as many as possible?  I'm currently focusing on my Tafflys (3), Sparrowmints (3), Mothdrops (2) and Whirlms (Varies) that are the only ones I have gotten to romance.  I have a bunch of "single" pinata all over the place in my garden.  Should I sell them or try to nurture more species or what?  I have about 5-10 other species in singles wandering around, several of which are residents.  I've been waiting for the "second" one of each to come in so I can get them to romance.  I figure I shouldn't buy a house for them unless there is two to tango right???

When the hell is this work day going to be over!

P.S. Scoop I'm sending you a friend request if you got the room.

I only have 2 houses in my garden at the moment.  One for buzzlegums and one for flutterscotchs, just not enough room with everything else such as the helper house, Mine Entrance, 2 ponds, 7 trees, tons of flowers, a water marker, a bird bath, a swan fountain and a honey hive.

Make sure you send a taffly into your torch, let it catch on fire then put it out with your watering can....
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2006, 07:46:19 PM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on November 16, 2006, 07:43:13 PM

We need a tips thread - I can't even find out how to name my Pinata's again.  I know the wiki is there, but I'm hesitant to use it, as I kind of want to explore and learn on my own, but I can't help but bust up laughing at some of the posts.  This game just brings a smile to my face.

I have a spoilers post for variants and what not, but can start a tips thread as well.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2006, 07:46:48 PM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on November 16, 2006, 07:43:13 PM

Highlight the pinata in question and hit Y to bring up the info.  Then, if I remember correctly, hit A on basic info and you can name the pinata.

I don't name them because then I forget what type they are and I have to constantly look it up!

XM Channel 76
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2006, 07:49:25 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 16, 2006, 07:45:39 PM

I only have 2 houses in my garden at the moment.  One for buzzlegums and one for flutterscotchs, just not enough room with everything else such as the helper house, Mine Entrance, 2 ponds, 7 trees, tons of flowers, a water marker, a bird bath, a swan fountain and a honey hive.

Make sure you send a taffly into your torch, let it catch on fire then put it out with your watering can....

eek Wow.  My garden is the poor mans version of yours!  That's amazing.

Taffly into the torch?  I would have never thought of that!  Will try it tonight.  Thanks!  (I sent you the friends invite).

XM Channel 76
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2006, 08:14:35 PM »

I'm trying to focus on fewer species and control my garden population. Yeah, I want to have a resident of each type eventually, but you can't have them all at once anyway, so hey. icon_biggrin

Focusing on birds and insects (eventually all the birds if I can manage it), so I have a Sparrow house, Candary house, Flutterscotch home, and buzzwhatever (the bees) house + honey thing to make honey. I also have other homes from time to time; I had a mouse clock and rabbit hutch, but sold those, replaced 'em with a jameleon tent and squazzil home. I still have my starting Whirlm home as well. icon_biggrin

I'm also trying to get a variety of trees, bushes, & flowers (my old Harvest Moon addiction showing itself), as well as cultivate a nice pond (with a bird bath island in the middle of one of the pools).

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2006, 10:01:31 PM »

I've been keeping 2-3 houses in the garden at a time.  Then, moving in another direction and building a new set of 2-3.

So whirlms, sparrowmints, and buzzlegums was one set.

Now I've been breeding squirrels, which have an amazingly cute house and need only to eat some berries (blackberries maybe?) to want to romance.  The only downside is the suckers are wicked quick and hard to catch sometimes.  I also have mousemallows and ducks (forget their game name).  I love the duck house.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2006, 10:06:51 PM »

Quote from: DonD on November 16, 2006, 10:01:31 PM

Now I've been breeding squirrels, which have an amazingly cute house and need only to eat some berries (blackberries maybe?) to want to romance.  The only downside is the suckers are wicked quick and hard to catch sometimes. 

I've often had to resort to waiting until they fall asleep before I can target them to eat.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2006, 11:51:51 PM »

I ended up selling off some of my older pinatas and their houses.  It was starting to become really crowded.  I've narrowed it down to Fudgehogs, Pretztails, Flutterscotches and Kittyfloss and I've been working on some more landscaping.  I've also been trying to get some Newtgats to enter, but the Watchling keeps scaring it away. 

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »

I ended up getting rid of my Watchlings.  They didn't seem to do anything about the sour pinatas coming in, and just kept scaring off pinatas I actually wanted.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2006, 01:25:58 PM »

Yeah the watchlings do seem to be pretty much useless.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2006, 02:50:40 PM »

I did the same thing with my watchling as well; never was any use to me. My sprinkling and gatherling have been really handy though.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2006, 02:52:10 PM »

Arkon thanks for the pinata!  But, did it have to be Lord Ebonstone?  :slywink:

By the way, I did get a notice that I had a crate available.  It popped up just like the other alerts.  I got my garden to expand for the first time last night and my apple tree is now dropping ripe red apples!!!

Because of the addictive nature of this game I played my nightly NHL 2K7/NHL 2007 season games PRIOR to putting in Viva Pinata.  It's the only way to do it because once the pinatas are roaming the hours will disappear.

XM Channel 76
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2006, 02:56:25 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 17, 2006, 02:52:10 PM

Arkon thanks for the pinata!  But, did it have to be Lord Ebonstone?  :slywink:

By the way, I did get a notice that I had a crate available.  It popped up just like the other alerts.  I got my garden to expand for the first time last night and my apple tree is now dropping ripe red apples!!!

Because of the addictive nature of this game I played my nightly NHL 2K7/NHL 2007 season games PRIOR to putting in Viva Pinata.  It's the only way to do it because once the pinatas are roaming the hours will disappear.

Well I was sending some out, I sent a few out to various people.  Lord Ebonstone was constantly picking on my Buzzlegums so I had to get rid of him, but didn't want to sell him, so I figured I would send him to a new home.

icon_biggrin

I hope he isn't being too disruptive, if he is just ship him off to another Gardener... I am sure we have enough people here that he can become a world traveled Raisant.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2006, 03:45:17 PM »

When do you use the fertilizer? On the hole? While the tree is growing?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2006, 03:59:39 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on November 17, 2006, 03:45:17 PM

There are so many fertilizers.  Does it matter which color you use?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2006, 04:06:05 PM »

Once the tree starts growing, same with flowers and shrubs.  There is a sound effect, one is sort of a higher pitched beep if you use the right fertilizer.  Usually use them in a batch of three, when you use the fertilizer a 4th time the tone will change to a lower pitched tone.  This tone can help you identify what color fertilizer to use as well.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 17, 2006, 03:59:39 PM

There are so many fertilizers.  Does it matter which color you use?

Yes it does.  Once you get one right, going into the encyclopedia you can see catalyst information. 
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2006, 04:19:16 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 17, 2006, 04:06:05 PM

Once the tree starts growing, same with flowers and shrubs.  There is a sound effect, one is sort of a higher pitched beep if you use the right fertilizer.  Usually use them in a batch of three, when you use the fertilizer a 4th time the tone will change to a lower pitched tone.  This tone can help you identify what color fertilizer to use as well.

Thanks..ok...follow up question. So you use them in batches of three... while the tree is growing it goes through obvious stages where leaves fall off and stuff...does that signal that you should use the fertilizer or do you do it all at the start? If you have to keep switching back and forth between watering and fertilizer, it would be a royal pain.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: