http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 03:19:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise  (Read 1864 times)
godhugh
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2008, 01:14:58 AM »

The new VP game supposedly came out this week, but I haven't seen a mention on here yet. Anyone get it or have any impressions?

My wife was a huge fan so I'll probably try to find a copy this weekend or next week.
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 01:40:09 AM »

My wife and son have played it some this week. It looks the same as the first one, but they've added some cool stuff (like pet toys) and it's set up much, much better for co-op. That's about all the impressions I can offer from what I've seen of it.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 02:12:05 AM »

Does there happen to be a game speed adjuster in this version?  I became overwhelmed with constant notices in the first game. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 03:25:49 AM »

Wait, what? IT'S OUT?! icon_eek

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 04:13:22 AM »

Mine arrived today, but I'm in the middle of Tales of Vesperia... what to do...
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 04:14:28 AM »

Quote from: Farscry on September 06, 2008, 03:25:49 AM

It is out and it is FANTASTIC. If you enjoyed the first game this is a no-brainer purchase at $39.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 04:37:15 AM »

Quote from: Farscry on September 06, 2008, 03:25:49 AM

Came out Tuesday I believe.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 02:31:52 PM »

Quote from: Simon on September 06, 2008, 01:40:09 AM

My wife and son have played it some this week. It looks the same as the first one, but they've added some cool stuff (like pet toys) and it's set up much, much better for co-op. That's about all the impressions I can offer from what I've seen of it.

I've also read that the breeding mini-game is a little different, providing chances for twins or "wonder-pinatas". Should make it a bit easier to get the required number of pinatas in certain cases smile.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:37 PM »

Any more impressions on this guy?  I enjoyed the 360 demo/concept, but had such a backlog of games that I never picked it up.  If the DS version has improved gameplay, I'd love to give it a whirl if it passes the GT judges...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 07:43:28 PM »

I have the first Viva Pinata and have yet to play it.  Is there any reason I should play it first? Maybe a better way of asking that is - would jumping into Trouble in Paradise be better, or worse, for not having played the first game?  icon_confused

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 08:43:17 PM »

Don't need to have played the first game, although it would certainly help you hit the ground running. Gameplay is almost identical outside of a few minor additions and edits. Even some of the animations and such are the same.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 09:28:19 PM »

i loved the first,will be getting this one,but it will be some time,many,many other games top my list

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »

Quote from: Simon on September 06, 2008, 01:40:09 AM

So, how is co-op on the same xbox/screen better?  Before, both controllers could control the shovel, etc... is it now more "multi-gardener"?

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 10:09:49 PM »

The second person has their own shovel, can move wherever they want, and can jump into the game whenever they want. They don't have access to the menu though or certain items (when I played I couldn't drop sand for some reason). The camera isn't perfect but for the most part it keeps up with two people moving around.

I haven't really spent much time with it. My wife's initial impressions seem to be that on the one hand it's more challenging than the first one, but also easier to manage things since they streamlined some stuff.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 06:21:51 AM »

I have just played the single player for about 3 hours.  I have the first one and really didn't play it all that much but since they streamlined alot of things I gave this one a shot.

In the first 3 hours I was hit with all kinds of new stuff about every 5-10 minutes, from pinatas to people to everything else.  It is a little overwhelming at first because of all the stuff then it started to settle down. 
The pacing could have been a little better for newbs.  Other than that I really like it, the charm is still there and the interface is better.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 07:00:41 AM »

I've been liking it so far, but the micromanagement seems a little extreme - there's just too many damn pinatas wandering into my garden at any minute.  Maybe I'm playing it at the wrong pace - I'm almost tempted to sell off all but one or two species and just focus on getting one at a time.

Addicting little game so far though...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 09:25:51 AM »

That's one little annoyance I had with it.  There's so many pinatas at the beginning and my garden was still pretty small.  I felt a little overwhelmed. 

I upgraded to the bigger garden, so there's some more room for houses.  I think I'm going to concentrate on getting a species to mate, sell off the house and move on to another species.  It seems to be more manageable for me to concentrate on a few species at a time. 

I really liked the first one and this one is pretty much MOTS with some additions to make some tasks easier.  I need to find some more time to play.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »

Hmm, that sucks.  That overwhelming feeling of too many things happening at once was my one big complaint with the first game and why I was hoping this one would at least have a gameplay slider so you could slow it down a bit.  I probably won't get this one. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »

If you have too many types of pinatas, sell some off. It's the best way to raise money anyways.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »

I was up until 3 playing this game and as you garden gets bigger pinatas don't come quite as often but I probably will start to sell some of my pinatas.

It is very addicting I also have Spore but this is taking up most of my time. 

There are just too many games.  Rb2 tomorrow doesn't help.

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 02:02:46 AM »

Almost threw my remote through my screen today.  I had some weeds, fire and something else, that just ravaged my garden.  It killed about 30 pinatas and it took about 10 minutes to get rid
of all of them I had a week killer but he didn't do anything..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: