http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 04:40:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viva Pinata 2  (Read 579 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:27:24 PM »

How different/better is it than the original?  I've been itching to give VP another try, but VP2 is about $15 more.  If there's not much difference, I might just fire up the original again.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »

My wife is a Viva Pinata junkie.  She played the everloving crap out of Viva Pinata, and now she can't stop playing Viva Pinata 2.  I've asked her if there have been any improvements, or if it is "more of the same", and she has said that the game plays fairly similar, but there are more garden options (you can add snow, sand, beaches, etc), you can attract all sorts of different animals (walrus, penguins, crabs), the loading times have been improved a bit, mini-games have been modified somewhat, you can change the colors of animals with what they eat but you can also hatch special "mutants" that have evolutionary advancements over others and they're worth way more money, there are new plants, new garden accessories. 

I asked her if it felt like a mere expansion pack, or an improved game, and she said it's a bit of both.  It's the same familiar Viva Pinata but with a number of improvements and additions.  Is it worth an extra $15?  Not sure.  She got it as a Christmas gift and she's been rather pleased with the game, and it has presented new challenges and goals, so it isn't so similar to the first to lose its charm.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 05:38:12 PM »

Thanks Pete.  I've got about $30 in GS credit, so I'll probably pick up VP2 just to see what they changed.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »

Yeah, if you're going to buy VP, just pay a bit extra and get VP2. The game is improved in every way (some more than others), but it's still the same at it's core. I'd call it more of a VP1.5 really, but that .5 is quite solid. smile

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:50:23 PM »

Gamestop has VP:TIP used for 26.99 right now.  Wait for the 360 used coupon to come around again and get an Edge card, and it'll cost less than $20.  That's what I did a couple of weeks ago.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 07:05:30 PM »

i loved VP,and wouldnt mind playing its sequel....however(and i know this may seem like a stupid question)can you transfer your original garden accross to the second game?,i have spent so much time on my first garden,and i love it..and wouldnt want to replace it really(or spend so much time just recreating it)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: