http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 04:56:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vista bad for gaming  (Read 3915 times)
unbreakable
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2007, 04:22:54 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on January 12, 2007, 04:09:52 PM

Carmack blasts Vista gaming initiative:

While Carmack remains keen on Xbox 360, he thinks the Vista initiative is bogus, accusing Microsoft of using the new OS's "artificial" tie with DirectX 10 to lure consumers (and developers). "They're really grasping at straws for reasons to upgrade the operating system. I suspect I could run XP for a great many more years without having a problem with it," concluded Carmack. Good news for those content with XP.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/11/carmack-blasts-vista-gaming-initiative/

I linked to that full interview earlier.  He didn't blast Vista.  In fact, he had many good things to say about it.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2007, 08:33:29 PM »

I linked to that full interview earlier.  He didn't blast Vista.  In fact, he had many good things to say about it.

Exactly, I don't understand why people are saying he's against Vista. He's simply saying you don't need to run out and upgrade right when Vista is released.

'll be playing Crysis on my DX10 machine while he is trying to think of how to make more deep shades of black and brown textures for Doom 4...

+ hells fucking yeah. 

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
waitingtoconnect
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on January 10, 2007, 08:49:07 PM

I will be a late adopter for Vista for sure.. Microsoft cannot be trusted on release with OS's IMO.

Also, I love how Hardware vendors are all pumped about Vista, and its tougher hardware requirements are ringing the cash registers of their bean counters for increased sales/profits.  Something doesn't smell right about it all, so I will sit on the sidelines and watch the situation unfold. 

I think Vista is way overpriced as well, you can bet I will be seeking creative ways to aquire it, probably sometime after SP1 is released.

I'll just wait til I buy my next PC I think and get it for free. Vista isn't so good at backwards compatibility from all accounts.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »

My retail version of Vista Ultimate will be here today. I'll let you all know what I think of it.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 01:14:53 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 12, 2007, 04:21:13 PM

Quote from: corruptrelic on January 12, 2007, 04:09:52 PM

Carmack blasts Vista gaming initiative:

While Carmack remains keen on Xbox 360, he thinks the Vista initiative is bogus, accusing Microsoft of using the new OS's "artificial" tie with DirectX 10 to lure consumers (and developers). "They're really grasping at straws for reasons to upgrade the operating system. I suspect I could run XP for a great many more years without having a problem with it," concluded Carmack. Good news for those content with XP.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/11/carmack-blasts-vista-gaming-initiative/

I'll be playing Crysis on my DX10 machine while he is trying to think of how to make more deep shades of black and brown textures for Doom 4...

icon_lol

Same here!  thumbsup

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 03:38:12 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 26, 2007, 01:13:46 PM

My retail version of Vista Ultimate will be here today. I'll let you all know what I think of it.

unless it totally kills your system and you can't post to warn us  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »

Bad news for MS in EU! Rivals attack Vista as illegal under EU rules

PSN ID: EduardoX
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »

hey definately let me know, my dad is thinking of buying a copy before he heads out of here back to his permanent residence, so I am curious for real user impressions.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007, 05:01:48 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on January 26, 2007, 04:46:30 PM

This is nothing MS didnt expect out of Europe. Rival companies there have been suing Microsoft every chance they get because of what are (IMO) utterly archaic and illogical EU corporation/business laws. As far as I know, Microsoft pretty much just doesn't pay what the EU tries to make them even when they are found "guilty". Its absurd.
unbreakable
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »

IMO, the EU policy toward MS has always sounded more like extortion than fairness or justice.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2007, 06:43:56 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 26, 2007, 05:00:29 PM

hey definately let me know, my dad is thinking of buying a copy before he heads out of here back to his permanent residence, so I am curious for real user impressions.

Just read any of the beta posts about it. I have been using it for months. I don't really have a lot to say about it though. It's pretty, easy to use for the most part, drivers are still a bit scarce but my 7800 and Creative sound card work fine, as well as the modem drivers. XP software has workered fine for the most part, but it will be awhile before everyone gets everything perfect on Vista. All in all, it's an OS, and nothing to get excited about, but I do like it.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2007, 01:40:03 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 26, 2007, 06:37:16 PM

IMO, the EU policy toward MS has always sounded more like extortion than fairness or justice.
+ as much agreement as possible. And MS regularly tells them to go fuck themselves smile
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2007, 04:03:18 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 27, 2007, 01:40:03 AM

+ as much agreement as possible. And MS regularly tells them to go fuck themselves smile

I wish.  Most of us actually live in fear of violating EU rulings.  Or the KFTC rulings.  Or the US rulings.
unbreakable
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2007, 06:19:08 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on January 28, 2007, 04:03:18 AM

Quote from: Calvin on January 27, 2007, 01:40:03 AM

I wish.  Most of us actually live in fear of violating EU rulings.  Or the KFTC rulings.  Or the US rulings.

Yeah.  The EU really has MS bent over a barrel.  They either have to put up with the stupid rulings and fines the EU forces on them, or withdraw from the EU market.  And the latter is not going to happen- even with the fines, they MS is making a lot of money there.

So sadly, despite bending over backwards (they even had to make completely different versions of XP and Vista for the EU), they have to keep paying the EU's dumb fines and fighting in court.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: