http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 07:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual On for the 360? Oh hell yeah!  (Read 562 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2009, 01:52:38 PM »

Snuck out of Famitsu Weekly:

It's true. Sega is bringing Virtual On Oratorio Tangram, its hardcore arcade mech fighting game, to Xbox Live Arcade. The re-release has been officially announced in the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu Weekly.

The Xbox 360 release will be Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram version 5.66, the final release for Sega's NAOMI arcade platform, released in 2000. The Xbox Live Arcade release, slated for April, has already been priced at 1200 Microsoft Points according to the mag.

Hopefully, the official announcement of VOOT means that more of Sega's Dreamcast and NAOMI titles are en route. After all, Sega registered the trademark for Virtual On Oratorio Tangram in December, alongside a slew of other Dreamcast era games over the past six months.

I LOVED Virtual On, and the dual stick design of any of the recent consoles is a near-perfect way to play it (although I love the twin-stick design of the arcade game).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »

I was excited about this, too.  I'm hoping it leads to a trend that eventually brings us Powerstone 1 & 2.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:36:53 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on February 25, 2009, 01:52:38 PM

Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram version 5.66

Now, that's the way to name a video game.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 05:41:01 AM »

And SEGA has more or less confirmed that this is coming to the US with 'enhanced graphics':

Sega America has confirmed a US release for Japan's previously announced XBLA remake of Virtual On Oratorio Tangram. The game is set to be available Stateside during a very broad "spring 2009" launch window.

Like the upcoming OutRun Online Arcade, the one-on-one arena fighting game is getting a bump up to HD resolution, which suits its minimalistic -- dare we say "virtual reality" -- art style quite well (as can be seen in newly delivered screens). Achievements, in-match voice chat and challenge modes are also confirmed. We've contacted Sega to try and narrow the release date for this 15-"Virtuoid" throwdown.

I am SO buying this.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »

Damn how'd I miss this thread its first time around?  I absolutely loved Virtual On in the arcades
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 01:23:17 PM »

I have the Japanese import for Dreamcast, but had neglected to purchase two sets of twin-stick controllers. doh. on the bright side, that's $300 better spent elsewhere...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: