http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 07:44:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viewtiful Joe question  (Read 956 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2005, 04:17:38 AM »

I picked up Viewtiful Joe for the PS2 (on clearance at Target for $2.54  :shock: ) and was wondering how running out of lives is handled.  When you run out of lives, are you given more or do you have to reload a save with the number of lives you had when you saved?  I lost a couple lives fighting the second boss, and I'm wondering if I should reload and try to get through the battle without dying in order to save my lives for later on.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 04:31:48 AM »

I cant help you with that but if you see another can you get it and ship it to me? Jesus.
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 04:40:41 AM »

wow....good deal

when you run out of lives, you will have the option of starting that level again from the beginning.  If you lose all the lives fighting a boss, I *THINK* you get to restart at the boss fight (can't remember exactly)

the good thing is that you get to keep all the viewtiful points you've collected up to that point, and you're given 3 lives again.

so it's not a big deal dying a few times
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 06:13:45 AM »

"I cant help you with that but if you see another can you get it and ship it to me?"
Sorry, they only had one.  They rarely have console games on clearance, so I was surprised they had it, and even more surprised at the price.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 06:24:57 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
"I cant help you with that but if you see another can you get it and ship it to me?"
Sorry, they only had one.  They rarely have console games on clearance, so I was surprised they had it, and even more surprised at the price.

NP man, have fun with it!
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 06:56:45 AM »

All I remember is that the game keeps track of the number of times you retry after running out of all of your lives. That's the only "penalty" or "downside" to continuing after running out of all of your lives. Basically, it's pride and respect on the line smile .

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:12:55 AM »

" Basically, it's pride and respect on the line"
Well, I'm playing on Sweet difficulty level (a notch below Kids), so obviously, I have neither of those slywink

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 05:14:32 PM »

Hey man, I wasn't gamer enough to finish the game (didn't have the patience either though). Do whatever you have to.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: