http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 06:04:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vampire Quest Help Thread-Spoilers!!!!  (Read 8609 times)
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2004, 03:34:24 AM »

If you don't have the dominate skill, you can just follow her to the phone booth, and before she makes the call feed on her. You don't have to even kill her, just feed on her for a bit and she'll get forgetful and stupid. Hoorah, masquerade preserved.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2004, 07:58:42 AM »

Yeah, I decided to try a trance on her, before she got to the phone booth.  I watched her, to see what would happen when she came out of it, she just walked off, and I think I got a "Masquerade Preserved" message.  So I assumed that was the end of that.

I think they should have made it more clear that she really was a person from the past, and not someone trying to confuse me while bad guys attacked from the rear. Yes, I am paranoid.  Which doesn't make me a bad person.  Continuing to hold on to Heather makes me a bad person.  I wonder if I will even be able to tell her to leave after she drinks my blood for a third time...

Oh, and I am so glad I did the job for the Tremere Primogen.  I have a swanky new pad in downtown, it is loaded with booze.  And Heather.  Although the guy didn't seem too keen on me having my "special friend" stay there.  I am hoping that she will be kept safe from harm by being  in the Tremere HQ...

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2004, 01:55:05 PM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"
Oh, and I am so glad I did the job for the Tremere Primogen.  I have a swanky new pad in downtown, it is loaded with booze.  And Heather.  Although the guy didn't seem too keen on me having my "special friend" stay there.  I am hoping that she will be kept safe from harm by being  in the Tremere HQ...

:shock:
Are you tremere?  He never gave me the option to do any missions.  He did start talking about the plague, but I had already completed that quest for the Anarchs.  You'd think being a fellow Ventrue the prince would hook a brother up with a nice penthouse loft downtown.  But no, I'm still living in that pos apartment in SM.  I see the prince's true colors, no loyalty to the clan.  Bastard!
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2004, 02:09:29 PM »

From what I understand, the Tremere and Nosferatu get special lodgings in Downtown, by doing the right quest for their respective leader.

For the Tremere, it wasn't the plague quest, it is something more obvious, if you have read the book in the library there in the Tremere HQ that will give you an idea of what task I mean.

I think everyone else gets access to an apartment in the Skyline building, if they suck up to the prince correctly.  So, keep talking politely and doing his jobs, and you should get moved into better digs eventually.  I think.  That is what I read on that VTM board, anyway.

malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2004, 09:22:32 PM »

As a smarmy Toreador, the Prince gave me an apartment in the Skyline place pretty early on in the game.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2004, 09:26:02 PM »

A note about playing malkavians:  their insight will often give away plot spoilers right at the start of the very first dialogue exchange.  Sometimes it's not too obvious because your character will use references from roman and greek mythology, but if you understand them, don't expect to be surprised by many plot twists (at least that surpsrised me when I experienced the same situations playing a ventrue).  Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly cool, but their insight will often completely floor many of the npcs they encounter.  Their inner sight makes for some funny conversations too.  

An early example:  A malkavian character will call out the therese - jenette scenario right at the very first dialogue exchange with jenette.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2004, 09:58:30 PM »

Hey guys, can someone tell me where to go/who to find for the Hollywood actress quest..whats her name...Ginger Swan? Thanks!
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2004, 10:25:38 PM »

Go to the internet cafe and find the computer with the alphabetic directory.  Her name is in there, and once you read her description, it will be fairly obvious where to look for her.

I had already looked there, and even though I knew where to look for her, I couldn't open her door after getting the quest until after I had gone back and re-read the info in the cafe...

Thunderhead
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2004, 12:36:51 AM »

I have the same problem as Kevin Grey.  I can't seem to find out how to initiate the Lilly quest.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2004, 01:13:50 AM »

I asked on OO but no one seemed to know:

What do you miss out on if you don't make that girl your ghoul.  I saved her, but then scared her off with my Malkavian crazy talk; now she's gone.  Does that close off any side quests down the road?
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2004, 01:17:43 AM »

Quote from: "Demosthenes"

What do you miss out on if you don't make that girl your ghoul.  I saved her, but then scared her off with my Malkavian crazy talk; now she's gone.  Does that close off any side quests down the road?

No. She's entertaining, but it's all passive non-XP entertainment. She does end up giving you some money, but it's not a big deal.
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2004, 01:20:12 AM »

Quote from: "Thunderhead"
I have the same problem as Kevin Grey.  I can't seem to find out how to initiate the Lilly quest.

The Lily highlights are, I believe, getting her stuff from the Diner, then getting the car information from the Bail Bond computer, then getting a diary from the car. You can follow the rest from the diary.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2004, 01:21:44 AM »

Quote from: "malichai11"

No. She's entertaining, but it's all passive non-XP entertainment. She does end up giving you some money, but it's not a big deal.

Thanks a lot.  Now I don't feel like I'm missing anything big.  Already well into the downtown missions and I want to see my Malkavian through.  What a fun game!

Edit:  AH! How little I understood. After pillaging the Dane my mind becomes clear.  My thanks again.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2004, 07:08:13 AM »

The Lily highlights are, I believe, getting her stuff from the Diner, then getting the car information from the Bail Bond computer, then getting a diary from the car. You can follow the rest from the diary.

Its definitely a bug.  There were pretty widespread reports over on the Vampire board that was linked here a few days ago.  For whatever reason the quest won't initiate no matter how many times you talk to the guy on the beach.  

I'd hold off on the game for a little while if I thought a patch was immenint but given Troika's patch history it will probably be a month or more.
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2004, 09:13:56 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Its definitely a bug.  There were pretty widespread reports over on the Vampire board that was linked here a few days ago.  For whatever reason the quest won't initiate no matter how many times you talk to the guy on the beach.  

I'd hold off on the game for a little while if I thought a patch was immenint but given Troika's patch history it will probably be a month or more.

Crazy. I've been absolutely bug free the whole way through. I even avoided the post-Leopold bug I'd read so much about.
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2004, 09:17:54 AM »

I think the problem is not going through the proper dialogue sequence.  I've done it where I get stuck in a loop without him giving the quest.  IIRC, you need to get the dialogue to the point where you can say you will look into the thin blood mystery for him and that should give you the quest.  But you need to do it on the first try or else it won't work.  Hope that helps.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2004, 01:49:54 PM »

Quote from: "namatoki"
I think the problem is not going through the proper dialogue sequence.  I've done it where I get stuck in a loop without him giving the quest.  IIRC, you need to get the dialogue to the point where you can say you will look into the thin blood mystery for him and that should give you the quest.  But you need to do it on the first try or else it won't work.  Hope that helps.

It might be a dialogue loop bug but the first time I talked to him I told him I would look into it so I assumed that I had the quest only to find out later I didn't.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2004, 02:06:39 PM »

Stuck on two early quests.  Where can I find the blood bank freezer code.  Also for the life of me I can't seem to find the apartments that Carson is in.  The Bail Bondsman says to look in Santa Monica Apartments (I think) but they don't appear on the map.  Is this something obvious I missed?

-Crusis

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Mr. Sparkle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2004, 04:03:21 PM »

Quote from: "Crusis"
Stuck on two early quests.  Where can I find the blood bank freezer code.  Also for the life of me I can't seem to find the apartments that Carson is in.  The Bail Bondsman says to look in Santa Monica Apartments (I think) but they don't appear on the map.  Is this something obvious I missed?

-Crusis

I think you need to hack the computer to get the freezer code, at least that's what I did.

The apartment you're looking for is in the same building as Mecurio(sp?).
Fafhrd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2004, 07:13:15 PM »

Actually if you  scare off the your ghoul Girl, then you do MISS out on a cool rare item. She will give you some Riot Armor. Very rare and very hard to find without her.

Change is in the wind...
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2004, 08:06:53 PM »

Quote from: "Fafhrd"
Actually if you  scare off the your ghoul Girl, then you do MISS out on a cool rare item. She will give you some Riot Armor. Very rare and very hard to find without her.

Doh!  Curse my humanity for letting her go!
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2004, 08:11:33 PM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"

Doh!  Curse my humanity for letting her go!

hehe I thought about releasing her, but the idea of having a hot, nubile young ghoul just waiting for me to come home was too much to resist. smile  And now you're telling me she's hiding some riot armor from me? That's just plain HOT. Tongue

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2004, 08:20:39 PM »

Yeah, it hadn't even occurred to me to release my  green-eyed, redheaded lesbian ghoulfriend. My malkavian loves her like a little cat that she can come home to when she's thirsty.

My roommate is playing also and didn't have her show up for him. I'm wondering if that's a bug or if there's some trigger for her to make her initial appearance.

I also managed to get the Lily quest conversation without ever actually receiving the Lilly quest  :?

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2004, 12:03:13 AM »

Does the cemetary quest ever timeout/disappear or can I go back and do it at any point in the game?  I got bored of trying and failing at this juncture and thought I'd come back later...

Thanks.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2004, 12:20:27 AM »

Does the cemetary quest ever timeout/disappear or can I go back and do it at any point in the game?  I got bored of trying and failing at this juncture and thought I'd come back later...

Thanks.

I'm not sure, but I stopped trying after about 5 failed attempts.  I don't know what the answer is to that quest, maybe having a character that has celerity or is great with guns?  Maybe a tremere with the aoe blood attack would do well too.  My ventrue just couldn't do it.  The closest I came was about 10 seconds away from the countdown end.
Fafhrd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2004, 12:23:05 AM »

If your roommate didn't feed her his/her blood in the hospital then you dont get to have her as a personal redhead ghoul later. Also she doesnt show up till after you do the Ship quest.  So in my oppion its not a bug just a chance case of doing or not doing.

Change is in the wind...
Fafhrd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2004, 12:27:18 AM »

Roguetad, the best way to do the cemetary quest is this: You have to guard both gates for 5 minutes. Once you hit a undead it will stop attacking the gate and go after you. So tag each undead at the gate then run up to the next gate and tag each one.  Note: During the last 2 minutes of the Quest as soon as you kill one another instantly respawns, so its better just to keep them aggro then to kill them in the last two minutes. Uzi's are great for keeping aggro as it does little damage, yet it keeps them from getting combo hits, and rarely does it kill unless they are already badly hurt..

Last Note: Know the shortest route between each gate so you can zip between them.

Edit: added - The Combat Shotgun is THE weapon for this quest if your Ranged skill is maxed, with the .357 as a good backup for taging them.

Change is in the wind...
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2004, 01:49:38 AM »

If your roommate didn't feed her his/her blood in the hospital then you dont get to have her as a personal redhead ghoul later. Also she doesnt show up till after you do the Ship quest.  So in my oppion its not a bug just a chance case of doing or not doing.

He didn't see her in the clinic at all, but maybe he went there before the ship mission.

none
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2004, 04:57:20 AM »

i'm still way early in the game and haven't received a ship mission quest yet but i have seen the girl in the clinic.  shrug.
Fafhrd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2004, 06:05:57 AM »

I meant she doesnt show up to be your red headed Ghoul til after the ship quest, right after you finish it she is waiting outside of LaCroix's building.

You still have to have feed her your blood in Santa Monica in the clinic, First door on your Left as you head down the hallway past the receptionist.

Change is in the wind...
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2004, 06:58:58 AM »

I wonder hgow many costumes she has. I've had her change twice and like her 3rd look so much I've stayed with it. I assume that she cycjes back around at some point

malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2004, 09:16:58 AM »

She has 3 outfits. If you ask her to change again, she goes back to the first one.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2004, 09:47:26 AM »

It's no coincidence that her third outfit is a skimpy tight tank top and a thong.

slywink
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2004, 03:41:45 PM »

Great tip on the graveyard Fafhrd.  I suspected that killing them was making them respawn.  Running around just grabbing aggro worked well.
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2004, 11:53:54 PM »

Ok, I'm stuck at the same point in the Grout mansion, having solved the initial candle riddle and gotten the staircase to open up. How and where is the next trigger activated?
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2004, 12:17:43 AM »

Quote from: "Malificent"
Ok, I'm stuck at the same point in the Grout mansion, having solved the initial candle riddle and gotten the staircase to open up. How and where is the next trigger activated?

Same point as...?

Are you in the room with the two mirrors and fireplace? Or have you made it to the upper deck of the library?
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2004, 12:41:09 AM »

Yes, made it to the room with 2 mirrors, killed a couple of insane lunatics, listened to the recording and nothing is happening.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2004, 12:51:43 AM »

Quote from: "Malificent"
Yes, made it to the room with 2 mirrors, killed a couple of insane lunatics, listened to the recording and nothing is happening.

Do you notice anything strange about those mirrors?  Compare them to every other mirror you've seen in the game.  Search the room more closely.  You'll get it.  :wink:
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2004, 01:37:39 AM »

Ok, I assume you're referring to the mirror that shows the reflection of the insane women even after you've killed the two in the room. Is there something you're supposed to do to trigger it? Am I just a moron (don't answer that..smile)
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2004, 01:48:03 AM »

<deleted since you got it>
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: