http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 04:55:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vampire Quest Help Thread-Spoilers!!!!  (Read 8607 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2004, 09:28:18 PM »

Ok-my first few questions.
1. Can you leave Santa Monica at any time, or does it follow with the main storyline-I want to clean up some quests downtown.
2. How do I free the spirit in the hotel? I have the trinket for Jeanette, but I cant figure out how to free her. By the way, that hotel was one of the single most disturbing areas in any recent game I can think-it was just so subtlely disturbing. Ugh. I had chills.
3. Ok, tracked the thin blood girl to the bloodbank, got the passcode to the freezer, turned the switch in the room...now what? Auspex reveals a girl behind the wall, but I cant get there.
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 10:30:01 PM »

You can leave Santa Monica whenever, I believe, though I didn't try until after the Sabbat warehouse.

I never did anything else with that ghost quest beside giving the locket to Jeanette. Is there more to do after that?

I also can't find Lily, any help would be appreciated.
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 10:32:55 PM »

3. Go to the morgue and snoop around on computers.  You will find the information you need if you hack.

The thin-blood Lily is in the Blood Bank.  You just have to find her.

Computer skills are very important.

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 10:34:27 PM »

Where did you guys find the locket in the haunted house?  I'm stumped.

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
Gertbeef
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 10:38:49 PM »

Hmm, don't remember exactly where the locket was, but I know when you start going through the blue fire stuff eventually you'll go back in time and get it. Just keep moving through, it seems pretty linear.

Question of my own.....

Ok, I'm trying to destroy the Gallery Noir paintings. I manage to slash up the first one, of Caine slaying Abel just fine, but every other one is apparently guarded, and does nothing but drain my blood supply when I try to attack it. I'm having no luck figuring out how to stop that, any help would be appreciated!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 11:10:10 PM »

Quote from: "maggie-chow"
3. Go to the morgue and snoop around on computers.  You will find the information you need if you hack.

The thin-blood Lily is in the Blood Bank.  You just have to find her.

Computer skills are very important.

Ok-I got the passcode for the freezers-flipped the switch-I see a girl behidn the wall, cant get to her. She is certainly not wandering the halls smile Any clues?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 11:11:30 PM »

Where did you guys find the locket in the haunted house?  I'm stumped.

Keep following the blue fire stuff, and eventually climb up the ruined planks in the burned outsection and then follow that to where you have to run into a room to escape the blue fire-it takes you back in time and you get the locket.

I am still stumped on how to free the spirit, though frown

If you are stuck further back, tell me where you are and i can tell you how to proceed-the haunted house is kinda tricky.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 11:12:23 PM »

Quote from: "Gertbeef"
Hmm, don't remember exactly where the locket was, but I know when you start going through the blue fire stuff eventually you'll go back in time and get it. Just keep moving through, it seems pretty linear.

Question of my own.....

Ok, I'm trying to destroy the Gallery Noir paintings. I manage to slash up the first one, of Caine slaying Abel just fine, but every other one is apparently guarded, and does nothing but drain my blood supply when I try to attack it. I'm having no luck figuring out how to stop that, any help would be appreciated!

In this order-Cain kills Abel
God Punishes Cain
Cain meets Lilith
Cain Spurns Lilith

Then a nasty suprise awaits. Be ready with at least half blood and some weapons.
Gertbeef
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 11:13:54 PM »

Rage, not sure if you're just further along than me or what, but the first quest all you do is return the locket to Therese.

She's supposed to use it to get rid of the spirit, not you..unless there's a 2nd quest later. If so, disregard!

This destroying the painting thing is really bugging me though!

EDIT: Oops, didn't see your post before! Thanks for the help, and it does appear now you're definitely farther than me!

I thought it might be an order thing, but I also thought I did it right, time to check it again!
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 11:17:01 PM »

Once you enter the passcode, there is a door or opening to the left.  You may have to open it.  There is a on/off electrical switch that you have to trip ? after you get in there.  Maybe or maybe not.  It's all right there to the left after you put in the code.  I didn't do anything special to get to Lily, after the passcode entry.

In the haunted house, I have turned on the generators, and came up to the top of the stairs.  I have been through all the bedrooms except the one that is locked, with a 10 skill requirement.  I found a key in one of the bedrooms but somehow I can't pick it up and put it into my inventory.  I'm probably screwed ... hello game-ending bugs.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 11:17:44 PM »

Rage, not sure if you're just further along than me or what, but the first quest all you do is return the locket to Therese.

She's supposed to use it to get rid of the spirit, not you..unless there's a 2nd quest later. If so, disregard!

This destroying the painting thing is really bugging me though!

EDIT: Oops, didn't see your post before! Thanks for the help, and it does appear now you're definitely farther than me!

I thought it might be an order thing, but I also thought I did it right, time to check it again!

At least the path that I took in speaking to the pyscho bitch twins did not lead to the spirit being absolved. It still appears active in my quest book.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 11:28:09 PM »

Once you enter the passcode, there is a door or opening to the left.  You may have to open it.  There is a on/off electrical switch that you have to trip ? after you get in there.  Maybe or maybe not.  It's all right there to the left after you put in the code.  I didn't do anything special to get to Lily, after the passcode entry.

In the haunted house, I have turned on the generators, and came up to the top of the stairs.  I have been through all the bedrooms except the one that is locked, with a 10 skill requirement.  I found a key in one of the bedrooms but somehow I can't pick it up and put it into my inventory.  I'm probably screwed ... hello game-ending bugs.

Ok-will try the lilly thing now. Hmm-you are on the right path, although much earlier than we were suggesting. You found the key in the room on the right correct? You have tired the obvious things to put it in your inventory? if that doesnt work, you should have a couple of quick or autosaves to use-I hate to say it, but just reload and see if you can get past the bug (damn you troika and your inexcusable lack of QA-or pride in it, for that matter). Get that key, go to the otherside of the upper level, and unlock that door. When you get there, you should see-come back here  and ask if you get stuck later. Its a freaky, disturbing level, but some of the little puzzles are annoying.
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 11:30:32 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Ok-I got the passcode for the freezers-flipped the switch-I see a girl behidn the wall, cant get to her. She is certainly not wandering the halls smile Any clues?

She is strapped into the chair.  I think maybe crouch down and walk through?    Also, sometimes the "open door" icon or "action" icons require you to move around until you're in the right position.  Otherwise it may not show up.

Did anybody slaughter the thin bloods?  'Cause I was thinkin', man, would this get me points with the Prince?

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 11:51:02 PM »

Ok. I got Lilly-and no, didnt slaughter them> i just got the experience and humanity and moved on-unless the game offered you the option, I dont think it would do diddly with the Prince. The game is deep, but not that deep in terms of your effects on the world at large-that would be a cool thing to see though, a dynamic sort of quest thingy, where every action could potentially be rewarded.

Anyways, update to my earlier comment regarding freeing the spirit. I was wrong, must have been a quest log error that was fixed when I reloaded-the quest is finished when you turn in the trinkent.

Also, my initial problem with finding lilly was caused, by..what elese? A bug!!! i reloaded or left and came back or something and it worked. Troikas QA is awful.
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 11:58:58 PM »

Troikas QA is awful.

Yup. Wait 'till you get to one of the later main story missions that so far no one has reported being able to get past because of a crash bug.  Go Troika!  :roll:

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 12:31:32 AM »

Quote from: "Elenkis"
Troikas QA is awful.

Yup. Wait 'till you get to one of the later main story missions that so far no one has reported being able to get past because of a crash bug.  Go Troika!  :roll:

Well I am now completely stuck at one point...I dont know where to go, i have gone in circles for 30 minutes, and I am not sure if I missed a trigger or if there is simply no other way into a buildign that my lockpick is not high enough to get into...

When someone gets to the explosives in the warehouse mission-let me know. Taking a break for food and tv now...love this game, frustrated by the lack of a map, minimal direction on what to do, and bugs. Still a great RPG so far though.
Gertbeef
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 02:08:21 AM »

I'm there now.

I've actually placed the explosives and started making my run out, but I wound up running around in circles, it got ugly, and I ran out of time.

Going to try again here soon, what part you get stuck on?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 02:10:42 AM »

I'm there now.

I've actually placed the explosives and started making my run out, but I wound up running around in circles, it got ugly, and I ran out of time.

Going to try again here soon, what part you get stuck on?

Figured it out...goddamn use thingy is so subtle sometimes that I had to run around the office a dozen times to find it....downtown now.
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2004, 03:13:16 AM »

Troika's Steve Moret posted this workaround for the serious game ending bug I mentioned above.  This is for anyone who has the game crash when they try to finish the mission where you escape from the Society of Leopold:

We think we've found the bug, but to truly fix it we'd need to release a patch. In the meantime if you run the game -console, load your save, and before you jump aboard the boat to escape the society bring up the console and execute the following command:

If you saved Johansen:

Code:
SaveJohansen()

Then to level transition if you're anybody but a Nosferatu:

Code:
changelevel2 la_hub_1 taxi_landmark

And if you're a Nosferatu, instead use:

Code:
changelevel2 la_hub_1 sewer_map_landmark

It should do what getting in the boat trigger was intended to do without all the unnecessary crashing.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 03:16:10 AM »

Whoa! that is one GLARING bug. Troika's track record continues. I think its beyond doubt now (nyah nyah LE) that Troika is a developer prone to incredibly buggy games-maybe Atari wasn't really at fault all along, eh? I still love the game, still playing it...(7 hours today and counting), still find it compelling...but that is an enormous bug for them to let slip. Simply huge.
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2004, 03:36:43 AM »

Okay thats weird because I beat that part NOT nosferatu and it sent me past just fine (after a VERY cool scene BTW). Is the bug based on your save file, your sex, your dialogue choices?

I'll reload that autosave and see if I can get myself stuck.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2004, 03:39:46 AM »

Damn Pharaoh, I swear you play more games and play them quicker than any human being I have ever known.
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2004, 03:42:37 AM »

Its called 1 year of credit of EB saved up (and spent now), and that fun time between graduating and waiting for your masters program to begin smile

I just redid it again...I can't get it to crash. It loads fine for me. Hmmm weird. Troika strikes again?
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2004, 03:59:17 AM »

Quote from: "Pharaoh"
Okay thats weird because I beat that part NOT nosferatu and it sent me past just fine (after a VERY cool scene BTW). Is the bug based on your save file, your sex, your dialogue choices?

I'll reload that autosave and see if I can get myself stuck.

No one seems to know what causes it at the moment (except Troika and they haven't given any explanation), but people are trying to work out what the link could be. For those that have the problem it crashes every time they try to leave on the boat.

So far you're only the second or third person I've seen on any forum to post that they have got past this point without the crash (though I'm sure plenty of others have too and are too busy playing to read tech support forums), what clan/sex are you playing?

I'm about to get to the same point myself, so hoping I have your luck smile

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2004, 05:00:34 AM »

Im playing a Malkavian Chick. She did it just fine.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004, 05:54:22 AM »

Ok  a couple more questions.

1. Can I finish the vampire tearing people inhalf in crazy ways quest in Downtown?
2. Where is the Luck E Star?
3.Found the house!! still looking for the two above before I go to the boat and brave the crash bug!

Thanks! I am done i think for the night with this one..going to play some half life.
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004, 06:58:16 AM »

Quote from: "Pharaoh"
Im playing a Malkavian Chick. She did it just fine.

Ventrue male here. Just did the mission and unfortunately I have the same crash problem that others have reported - the game just exists to desktop once I get into the boat and the load screen appears.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2004, 09:30:28 AM »

1. Can I finish the vampire tearing people inhalf in crazy ways quest in Downtown?
3.Found the house!! still looking for the two above before I go to the boat and brave the crash bug!

Thanks! I am done i think for the night with this one..going to play some half life.

1) That quest finishes in Santa Monica, though there are 3-4 parts to it total.
2) Luck E Star is in Hollywood

3)Not sure exactly where you are in the game, but the Elizabeth Dane isn't where that huge crash happens, it's further down the road.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004, 06:08:36 PM »

Quote from: "malichai11"

1) That quest finishes in Santa Monica, though there are 3-4 parts to it total.
2) Luck E Star is in Hollywood

3)Not sure exactly where you are in the game, but the Elizabeth Dane isn't where that huge crash happens, it's further down the road.

1. Ah ok...I must be missing something.
2. Thanks.
3. I am just about to get onto the Elizabeth Dane, so I have longer than I thought I guess!
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004, 07:09:08 PM »

I hope you're talking about the same quest for #1. This is the quest that you first catch a reference too in Santa Monica piers with the cops standing around the mutilated corpse, right? If so, yeah, that's a 3-4 step deal. Two words to completing that: Bail Bondsman. Do the BB quest, and eventually it'll solve itself. If you're looking for a building across from a bar for that quest, it'll be the warehouse directly across from the Last Chance/Strike or whatever that bar is called Downtown.
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2004, 07:33:17 PM »

Stupid me... if you're already to the part where you have to go to the Luck E Star, then you're already past the abandonded warehouse, etc. Anyway, the Luck E Star is in Hollywood, and going there you'll get close to finishing that quest, just one or two more steps after that.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2004, 07:51:08 PM »

Quote from: "malichai11"
I hope you're talking about the same quest for #1. This is the quest that you first catch a reference too in Santa Monica piers with the cops standing around the mutilated corpse, right? If so, yeah, that's a 3-4 step deal. Two words to completing that: Bail Bondsman. Do the BB quest, and eventually it'll solve itself. If you're looking for a building across from a bar for that quest, it'll be the warehouse directly across from the Last Chance/Strike or whatever that bar is called Downtown.

I have done all the steps, but the last entry in my log is just that I talked to a bum that told me about a mysteriously appearing guy that slashed the victim in half, I am presuming a vampire (duh).

I am on the boat now. thanks!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2004, 09:47:45 PM »

Ok, I am totally stuck in the Grout mansion. I unlocked the one door with the candles, ran around, across some little outside area, found a creepy room with two mirrors, etc...I have no clue where to go from here.

I really do like this game, but I am starting to get frustrated. No direction at all, and bugs everywhere. The door opening and closing bug while you are trying to walk is really annoying and could have been found and presumably fixed with 5 minutes of playtesting.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2004, 10:24:09 PM »

Ok figured out the above-a stupid trigger not showing up again was the problem. I am in the museum now and done for a while. half life time.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2004, 02:14:18 AM »

How do you actually trigger the Lily quest?  I talked to the guy at the beach who told me his sob story but nothing has appeared in my journal.
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2004, 04:31:35 AM »

I got around my bug in the haunted house.  I hit E instead of Enter.  I had been using Enter as my "use" key, and for some stupid reason, it didn't like it on this one particular object.  E worked.

Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2004, 08:06:35 PM »

Who is this Samantha person in Hollywood?  She seems to know me, and if I wait for her to make the call she wants to make, I get a masquerade violation... Is she someone that I knew when I was alive?  If so, they should have made that clearer.  I can understand, if that is the case why I get the negative point.  Not sure what I am supposed to do about it.  I don't want to kill her, but after she makes the call, she follows me around until I go into a builiding and then vanishes.

I just hope I didn't screw something up by losing her.

Also, why oh why did they have to make Heather a red-head with green eyes?  I want to get some humanity by releasing her, but I just can't bring myself to let her go!  Dangit! :oops:

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2004, 01:03:16 AM »

I'm looking for Tin Can Bill as part of the plaguestopper quest and can't find him. Is he in plain sight? I'm wondering if his being missing is some sort of glitch.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2004, 03:12:32 AM »

Bill isn't easy to find. I thought I was missing him because he was in plain sight, but he isn't really.  You come out of the bar with the Anarchs, and across the street from it is an alleyway, follow it around, until you see a dark patch, he is in the darkness there...

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2004, 03:28:39 AM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"
Who is this Samantha person in Hollywood?  She seems to know me, and if I wait for her to make the call she wants to make, I get a masquerade violation... Is she someone that I knew when I was alive?  If so, they should have made that clearer.  I can understand, if that is the case why I get the negative point.  Not sure what I am supposed to do about it.  I don't want to kill her, but after she makes the call, she follows me around until I go into a builiding and then vanishes.

I just hope I didn't screw something up by losing her.

Also, why oh why did they have to make Heather a red-head with green eyes?  I want to get some humanity by releasing her, but I just can't bring myself to let her go!  Dangit! :oops:

From what she said, Samantha must have been close to your character in their mortal life.  I dominated her during the dialogue (jedi mind trick) and made her "realize" that the person she was thinking of died.  She then walked down the street, at which point I put her in a trance and fed smile

I released Heather after she tried to donate part of her college money to me.  Now I miss coming home and seeing her.  Every other hot vamp babe or human so far just leads you on to get you to do their bidding.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: