http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 11:38:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vampire Bloodlines min specs  (Read 1685 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 10:58:51 PM »

The min specs to play Bloodlines are....

3D hardware accelerator card required - 100% DirectX® 9.0c-compatible 64MB video card and drivers
1.2 GHz Athlon(tm) or 1.2 GHz Pentium® III processor or higher
384MB of RAM (512MB of RAM recommended)
Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP
Quad-Speed CD-ROM drive (600 K/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers
3.3 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files and saved games (plus 1.4 GB for Windows® swap file)
100% DirectX® 9.0-compatible 16-bit sound card and drivers
100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible mouse, keyboard, and drivers
DirectX® 9.0c (Included)

Imagine that..5 gigs needed..wow....Oh and its single player only.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 01:55:34 AM »

Nice. Do you have an updated release date?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 02:46:26 AM »

Well, here is the thing on this:

I'm trying to get final approval to fly out on the 27th of THIS MONTH to play the game and get a big preview for you guys.

As for multiplayer...well...this caught me off guard - today I was clicking around on the site and saw a WHOLE section on multiplayer based on pitting the different types of character types against eachother.  It was right next to the Character Development portrait under Features.  As I hit it now, its gone.  Go figure?!

Also, those specs are not final...those are loosely based on the HL2 specs according to my Activision Rep.  The release date?  24 hours after HL2 is released was the recent quote I heard, but with th erecent litigation thing that deal might become more simple.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 03:00:08 AM »

I like that its singleplayer only.  I wonder how buggy and balanced it will be though.  After Arcanum and TToEE, I am very skeptical of anything Troika.

olaf
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 03:14:20 AM »

The two games you mentioned were not well backed.  Atari rushed those games out the door....with Activision they were given much love, money, and time to finish it right.  From what I hear and what I've seen, it'll be worth the wait.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
The Chauffeur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »

I was able to play an early build of this game at the San Diego ComicCon in 2003. Talk with some of the devleopers and such. It was really cool.. The game was aweseome then! I can only hope it stayed that cool through out everything else.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 01:36:12 PM »

As for multiplayer...well...this caught me off guard - today I was clicking around on the site and saw a WHOLE section on multiplayer based on pitting the different types of character types against eachother. It was right next to the Character Development portrait under Features. As I hit it now, its gone. Go figure?!

Multiplayer is dead.  staked.  doused with holy water and crucified.   pushing up daisies.  kicked the bucket.   shuffled off this mortal coil.  swimming with the fishes.  gone the way of the dodo.   kaput.  finito.  

[/quote]

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 04:49:54 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
The two games you mentioned were not well backed.  Atari rushed those games out the door....with Activision they were given much love, money, and time to finish it right.  From what I hear and what I've seen, it'll be worth the wait.

Well Arcanum was Sierra and Troika had plenty of time.  Sierra even sat on the game for 6 months waiting for localization and Troika couldnt even be bothered to start work on patch until the game was actually released.

I wont disagree with you that TToEE was rushed out the door, but an equal share of the blame goes to Troika.  They failed miserably to deliver a stable, or even complete by some measure, product on time.  Who knows what happened from there in terms of Atari and Troika's dealings.  Suffice to say the customer got screwed.

olaf
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 05:19:53 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"

Multiplayer is dead.  staked.  doused with holy water and crucified.   pushing up daisies.  kicked the bucket.   shuffled off this mortal coil.  swimming with the fishes.  gone the way of the dodo.   kaput.  finito.  

It is a Vampire game.  Maybe multiplayer will rise from the dead in a form of a patch.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: