http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 05:25:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Used $260.00 in Gamestop gift cards Sunday to buy 6 games.  (Read 1779 times)
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2004, 03:02:31 PM »

I got an astounding $260.00 combined in Gamestop gift cards from my wife and others in my family for Christmas. SO, I went to both our Gamestops, surveying what they had, and ended up buying the following:

Halo 2 Collecters Edition
NFS: Underground 2 (XBOX)
Star Wars: KOTOR 2
Deux Ex Invisible War (XBOX)
Monopoly (GBA)
Half Life 2 Retail

So far, I have played Halo 2 online, and man do I suck, really need some tips, played NFS: Underground 2 and am blown away, awesome game, great sense of speed and fun as hell, and played HL2/Counterstrike online, and played decently, really impressed by the graphics of the game.

Just wanted to share my fun with the group. Feels great to walk into a Gamestop and spend that much without the wife getting angry with me.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 03:06:02 PM »

congrats!  Never had that much at once.  You must have been giddy.  You got some fun gaming ahead with those.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 03:08:03 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
congrats!  Never had that much at once.  You must have been giddy.  You got some fun gaming ahead with those.

Absolutely. Amazingly, I have spent more time with NFS2 than any of the others so far, its just got me hooked.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 06:05:59 PM »

Good work!! I've got a TON of credit for EB just waiting for the new systems...

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 06:07:31 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Good work!! I've got a TON of credit for EB just waiting for the new systems...

Thanks! biggrin Are you holding that credit for the next wave of console systems, or for something like the PSP?

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 06:27:18 PM »

Quote from: "jblank"

Absolutely. Amazingly, I have spent more time with NFS2 than any of the others so far, its just got me hooked.

Just out of curiosity, had you played NFSU before trying NFSU2?  Nearly everyone I talked to that played the original hated the second game (myself included), but it seems that those who skipped the original like NFSU2.

Just curious...

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 06:36:35 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"

Just out of curiosity, had you played NFSU before trying NFSU2?  Nearly everyone I talked to that played the original hated the second game (myself included), but it seems that those who skipped the original like NFSU2.

Just curious...

Yes I owned it, but I like 2 better than the original. Just seems like it has more to do, and more options.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 09:46:30 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"

Just curious...

Yes I owned it, but I like 2 better than the original. Just seems like it has more to do, and more options.

It does have more of everything. The issue with the game is that it takes too long to get to the races. I don't want to spend 5 minutes driving around the city trying to find a race. I just want to mod my car, pick an option in the menu for what kind of race, and then actually race. I tried to like it. I really did, but I got so bored looking for things to do I just couldn't take it anymore.

On the Halo 2 thing.. play with the guys from CG that are still into the game, or you're welcome to add me to your friends list, as I play pretty regularly with a fairly consistent group of players.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2004, 01:20:50 AM »

It does have more of everything. The issue with the game is that it takes too long to get to the races. I don't want to spend 5 minutes driving around the city trying to find a race. I just want to mod my car, pick an option in the menu for what kind of race, and then actually race. I tried to like it. I really did, but I got so bored looking for things to do I just couldn't take it anymore.

That was exactly my problem with it too.  Plus, after playing Burnout 3, crashing cars with no damage just seems so silly.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2004, 04:17:49 PM »

Thanks!  Are you holding that credit for the next wave of console systems, or for something like the PSP?

A little of both. I should be covered for whatever happens this year. I usually hold out for the trade-in deals at my local EB (extra $25 when trading in 4 games, etc.) and then I unload everything on them!  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »

I got an astounding $260.00 combined in Gamestop gift cards from my wife and others in my family for Christmas.

Absolutely AMAZING! You are one lucky guy!

I have a $75.00 gift card for Target and am rather giddy about that  :lol:

Funny how easily amused I am in my old age...

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 08:27:45 PM »

I got a cubic assload of money for XMas this year, but I am moving this summer and I am fairly certain thats why the money was given...as such, I feel like I shouldn't use it for games frown
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 06:27:41 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
I got a cubic assload of money for XMas this year, but I am moving this summer and I am fairly certain thats why the money was given...as such, I feel like I shouldn't use it for games frown

Don't listen to your conscience - buy the games!!!  :twisted:

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 07:30:47 PM »

How is monopoly for the gba? Ive been looking for a new GBA game to play and I do love monopoly.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 02:47:50 PM »

Quote from: "Chrisoc13"
How is monopoly for the gba? Ive been looking for a new GBA game to play and I do love monopoly.

Monopoly for the GBA is pretty fun, but it has one HUGE negative........you cant save the game, which means you have to play the entire monopoly session, until its completion, or you lose the game. Overall, its graphics are nice, its easy to control, and its fun, but you have to devote at least 90 minutes to finish a game. The AI is tough though.

Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 11:15:26 PM »

That is a huge disadvantage. I dont like games you cant save, and especially dont like games you need passwords for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: