http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 04:54:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unreal Tournament 2007 now UT3 [PC, PS3 and 360!]  (Read 1017 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2007, 03:55:29 AM »

Well, I jammed most of the details into the title, so I'll just reiterate.  Apparently Unreal Tournament 2007 is now being called Unreal Tournament 3 (did they disown 2003?).  The reason I put it in Console Games is that it has also been announced to be coming for the XBox 360 as well as the previously announced PC and PS3.  You can see a new trailer at that IGN link (and hopefully a local copy here at GT soon). 

No word on whether the 360 version will do any sort of multiplatforming or only on XBox Live.  Or maybe some sort of Windows/XBox Live and a separate Windows/PS3 open-format? 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:32:16 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on January 26, 2007, 03:55:29 AM

Well, I jammed most of the details into the title, so I'll just reiterate.  Apparently Unreal Tournament 2007 is now being called Unreal Tournament 3 (did they disown 2003?).  The reason I put it in Console Games is that it has also been announced to be coming for the XBox 360 as well as the previously announced PC and PS3.  You can see a new trailer at that IGN link (and hopefully a local copy here at GT soon). 

No word on whether the 360 version will do any sort of multiplatforming or only on XBox Live.  Or maybe some sort of Windows/XBox Live and a separate Windows/PS3 open-format? 

This was a very badly kept secret for some time now. I have no idea if the PS3 version is going to have some exclusivity window (I highly doubt it-but thats just a guess), but it seems that the other versions were being developed pretty much all along-and there was just no way Epic was going to let their most popular franchise only have the sales of one console-and that console being the one that has the fewest current machines on the market. I mean, this way they most likely quadruple their sales.

On another note this is a rare, rare game I will likely buy on two systems. I know I will buy this on PC, because when I really play with you guys and want to compete I will want a mouse and keyboard, but I will also definitely pick it up to play on PS3 or 360 with the people here that are console only. Very excited!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:01:35 AM »

Yeah, I know it's been rumored for 360 for quite a while but this is finally confirmation.  What I think is silly is calling it Unreal Tournament 3 when it is the fourth in the series.  Of course, the fact that it is getting constantly delayed probably plays a part in that.  Plus, I don't know anybody who was a fan of naming them 200X and dreaded the yearly Madden-esque releases when they first started that.   

This is one that would be a no-brainer for me to get on the PC given the mouse/keyboard control scheme and mod-ability, but I'm sure my computer won't be able to play it when it finally comes out so it will probably have to be a 360 purchase.   icon_confused

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:13:16 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on January 26, 2007, 06:01:35 AM

Yeah, I know it's been rumored for 360 for quite a while but this is finally confirmation.  What I think is silly is calling it Unreal Tournament 3 when it is the fourth in the series.  Of course, the fact that it is getting constantly delayed probably plays a part in that.  Plus, I don't know anybody who was a fan of naming them 200X and dreaded the yearly Madden-esque releases when they first started that.   

This is one that would be a no-brainer for me to get on the PC given the mouse/keyboard control scheme and mod-ability, but I'm sure my computer won't be able to play it when it finally comes out so it will probably have to be a 360 purchase.   icon_confused

Yes, the whole UT 3 thing makes absolutely zero sense to me. Console owners probably don't know or care what iteration the series is (unless this is a way of trying to tie in both to the PC side with Unreal Tournament as the title, and the consoles that used to have Unreal Championship 1 and 2-thus UT3), but all pc owners know this is #4. It makes no sense.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 06:20:43 AM »

I hope the console versions aren't ports of the PC versions, but are more along the lines of the Unreal Championship games.  They're great fun, and different enough from the PC version to be a unique experience.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 06:37:04 AM »

I never really considered UT2003 to be a full game in the series after UT2004 was released.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 06:39:56 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on January 26, 2007, 06:20:43 AM

I hope the console versions aren't ports of the PC versions, but are more along the lines of the Unreal Championship games.  They're great fun, and different enough from the PC version to be a unique experience.

I think they will eventually try to use the functionality Microsoft keeps touting about one day having Windows Live and Xbox Live interactivity and will try to keep at least those versions identical.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 06:40:33 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 26, 2007, 06:37:04 AM

I never really considered UT2003 to be a full game in the series after UT2004 was released.

Aren't you just a SPECIAL KITTY WITTY CAT?  banned
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »

I read this over at Shacknews, the biggest disappointment to me was the delay (from first half of 07 to second half of 07) hopefully this will be the last delay now.
I wouldn't be suprised if the PS3 version supported mouse/keyboard since Sony officially supports them on the PS3. (Just as with the PS2)

Dont know which version I'll get yet though, probably 360 though as long as it's a near-identicle port of the PC version, complete with 32+ player/bot support and all.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on January 26, 2007, 12:55:10 PM

Dont know which version I'll get yet though, probably 360 though as long as it's a near-identicle port of the PC version, complete with 32+ player/bot support and all.

PC version for me for all the mods.

Because I can,
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 03:54:41 PM »

There is absolutely no way I won't buy this for the PC.

gellar
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »

Quote from: gellar on January 26, 2007, 03:54:41 PM

gellar

what if the only way you could get the game would be to spend a day of 'quality time' with tubgirl?  icon_twisted

Because I can,
warning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 26, 2007, 04:12:50 PM

gellar

what if the only way you could get the game would be to spend a day of 'quality time' with tubgirl?  icon_twisted

Does tubgirl ever get clean?  I mean she's been in the tub for... we'll for a long time.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 05:22:14 PM »

gellar

That's absurd.

gellar
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 08:47:01 PM »

Well, the new trailer is pretty sweet.  Please don't every derail any thread into a discussion of tubgirl.  *shudders*
http://www.destructoid.com/confirmed-unreal-tournament-3-coming-to-the-360-29472.phtml

xbox live: nude rick james
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 01:39:23 AM »

Quote from: gellar on January 26, 2007, 05:22:14 PM

gellar

That's absurd.

gellar

I have heard you are absurd, good sir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: