http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 11:57:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Under the Radar  (Read 1329 times)
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2005, 05:56:55 AM »

So you've got some big name titles that you're looking forward to.  You've read all the previews and salivated over the screenshots, but what about the rest, the games that have gone largely unnoticed?  What games are out there that you'd really like to find out details for?  Add them here and we can keep a lookout and spread the word to others that might not know of these cool games.

My List:
Dragon Age by Bioware
 - Bioware's latest RPG that appears to return to their roots in Baldur's Gate, though it is an original intellectual property.  Not much info has been released.

http://www.bioware.com/games/dragon_age/

the unannounced game by Flagship Studios
 - The employees that left Blizzard North including Bill Roper are slaving away in secret save for a few pictures of concept art.  A crude guess would be a Diablo-esque game in the future: demons, magic, swords, and guns.  But it's hard to tell at this point and so much could change.

http://www.flagshipstudios.com/

Baldur's Gate 3 by ?
 - This game may not even exist.  Google searches reveal only whispered rumors and hopes.  Some sources have put the successor to one of the greatest RPG's ever made in the hands of Interplay, but their continued existance is tenuous at best.

Who reads these anyway?
dangerballs
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 09:34:17 AM »

Quote from: "Scuba-V"

Baldur's Gate 3 by ?
 - This game may not even exist.  Google searches reveal only whispered rumors and hopes.  Some sources have put the successor to one of the greatest RPG's ever made in the hands of Interplay, but their continued existance is tenuous at best.

I think Atari had a post on their boards a while back talking about Baldur's Gate 3 and how they are considering making it.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 10:41:05 AM »

The last word on Baldur's Gate 3 is that it is indeed being worked on.  I would guess it'll be unveiled at E3.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 01:49:17 AM »

If it counts: Boiling point.  Anyone catch the trailers released in December, particularly the Seamless World trailer? For those of you who havent seen it: this is being developed by the guys who made Codename:Outbreak while at GSC (The people developing Stalker).  It's an FPS with a non-linear gameplay, a map of one 25x25km open world, and multiple competing factions, whom you chose who you want to work for.  Graphics aren't so hot, but looks fantastic on so many other levels.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 04:51:59 AM »

Bioshock. Id love some new info on this.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 11:18:56 PM »

i have that page bookmarked, big jake.  the came was called xenus beforehand and yes, the graphics make the game come off as budget, but the overall idea is great.  it's on my short list of games to watch, B level.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 11:21:01 PM »

I'm looking forward to Project:Snowblind.  It used to be called Deus Ex:Clan Wars but they changed things a bit.  The trailers still remind of of Deus Ex though.  In a good way.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 05:22:47 AM »

Thanks for the tip on Snowblind.  You're right, it is very reminiscent of the original Deus Ex, and that can only be a good thing.

Who reads these anyway?
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 09:22:12 PM »

I'm also looking forward to Snowblind.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2