http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 06:07:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception!!  (Read 12324 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »

Patch 1.02 is out with the aim changes:

Uncharted 3 – Patch 1.02

Single Player

General

Movie cutscene viewer added (in the Bonuses menu, Single-Player only)
Technical

Fixed the missing Motion Blur effects (for Single Player only)
“Alternate Aim Settings” added to the Options menu under Camera options (for Single Player only)

Multiplayer

General

Settings bug fixed: all controls being set to flipped mode setting will no longer change all controls back to default
Gameplay

Medal streaks won’t reset if the host migrates to another user
Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit.
Allow grenade throw while scoped
Tuned Pull Down range from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters
Lowered the player running speed when players run ‘n gun by approximately 15%
Slightly increased the turn radius of run ‘n gun
Slightly decreased the turning speed during Sprint
Technical

Fixed an infrequent hunter spawning issue in Hunter Arena when the match round switches
Fixed several cinema crashes
Locked fast-forwarding on convoy sequence in Airstrip TDM and train sequence on London Underground TDM to 3x maximum in Cinema Mode
Fixed certain cameras in Kick Offs and Pull Downs
Fixed a late join skin bug with locked content
Fixed a split-screen Buddy treasure pickup bug
Fixed duplicate medal problem causing bad tabulation of a few medals to the player’s career stats
User Interface

Objective points now show up in the player’s Competitive statistics tab instead of the Cooperative statistics tab
Added a Facebook Sign Out option
Added the Add Friend functionality in the Facebook tab
Fixed voice icon for mics not appearing in Matchmaking lobby
Adding missing weapon stats tracking for certain weapons that were not being recorded to the player stats
Fix for not displaying the entire Online ID within the “Players” column of any leaderboard.
Fix for a user having an online ID containing fifteen or more characters created in uppercase format and actively using a voice comm device.
Server

Matchmaking now waits for double the number of players in the biggest party in the room to be present before starting a game (to prevent parties from being split frequently)
Players no longer able to join party that is already in Matchmaking
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 03, 2012, 11:13:14 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 07, 2011, 02:40:39 PM

Quote from: Clay on November 07, 2011, 02:38:20 PM

I'm 10 minutes from finishing the game...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Woozy shooting? Really? Ok, so the drugged part of the Yemen missions was clever, but the bit at the end is just plain irritating. Also, was I supposed to shoot Sully or not? I didn't... it didn't seem to make a difference. I got pissed with the woozy shooting and turned it off last night.

Regarding your question:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I didn't realize you could refrain from shooting him. What happened when you didn't shoot him? I figured since he was dead, it had to be a bad guy pretending to be Sully, so I put a cap in him.

Weird I just beat this today and didn't get the option to choose to shoot.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2012, 11:19:54 PM »

Well this game certainly didn't grab me as the first two, but it was still very fun.  I think the first half was a bit tedious, but the 2nd half felt like UC 1 and 2.  I love the set pieces, the cinematics, the sarcasm, the horse riding, the ability to throw back nades.  Now I'm trying to decide to play multi or just sell it
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2012, 12:06:02 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 06, 2011, 01:08:07 AM

Quote from: Chaz on November 06, 2011, 12:31:37 AM

I feel like this one's taking the annoyance I have with the whole series (I want to explore and solve puzzles, but the game keeps making me play a mediocre shooter against waves of clones), and amps it up to 11 with new terrible aiming controls and various other strange control issues that lead to insta-kills. 

I want to finish because of the story and the explore/puzzle bits, but man, as of chapter 9 (10?), I've had it up to here with the combat.  Seriously tempted to cut my losses and just return it tomorrow and write off any other games in the series.

Sounds like you'd rather play Tomb Raider.

And you want bad controls?  Try that.  WOW, granted they got better over time, but when it first came out, the controls were rough.

After reading this thread now that I've finished, I'm in agreement in most parts.  Took a while to get going, but halfway into the game was superb.  I don't' think the controls were too bad, but maybe that's because of the patch.  I hope they keep pumping these out, I love the settings, cut scenes, the adventure, the level design (bungie you should take a class from ND) and the gun play.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 18, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »

Patch 1.13 details:

Patch 1.13 will contain an exciting new system, fresh DLC, and gameplay fixes.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 05, 2013, 08:59:02 PM »

Hi.  Brain fart here.  I want to replay some chapters and get treasures I didn't find when I beat the game the first time.  When I start a new game (I kept all bonuses and treasures when I started new game) I cannot select any chapters except the one I've cleared in the new game.  I remember this happening with Uncharted 2 also.  How do you replay chapters without erasing your progress?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: January 05, 2013, 09:29:19 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on January 05, 2013, 08:59:02 PM

Hi.  Brain fart here.  I want to replay some chapters and get treasures I didn't find when I beat the game the first time.  When I start a new game (I kept all bonuses and treasures when I started new game) I cannot select any chapters except the one I've cleared in the new game.  I remember this happening with Uncharted 2 also.  How do you replay chapters without erasing your progress?

By not starting a new game. New games erase all your progress, except for treasures if you want. You have to use chapter select instead of starting over. At least I think it works that way.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 05, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 05, 2013, 09:29:19 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on January 05, 2013, 08:59:02 PM

By not starting a new game. New games erase all your progress, except for treasures if you want. You have to use chapter select instead of starting over. At least I think it works that way.

It does.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »

Interesting

Sony's critically acclaimed blockbuster Uncharted 3 has become a new outlet for experimentation for PlayStation, as the title's multiplayer mode is re-released as a free game on PSN.

Uncharted 3 has been stripped down of its individual parts that will, from Wednesday, be traded digitally. All multiplayer competitive modes, as well as the original maps, will be available as a free individual download, allowing players to gradually rank up to level 15 (of 75) without paying.

Everything else will be sold individually, from weapons to character skins and taunts, as well as new level caps. Also on sale will be the single-player portion of the game, and the co-op version, as well as other DLC and bundles as comprehensive as the full Game of the Year edition

EDIT:
This says it better and with more detail
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Uncharted/Uncharted-3-Multiplayer-goes-Free-to-Play/td-p/18418410

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:21:31 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2013, 11:33:55 AM »

Not a bad idea. Although honestly they should have just waited to launch this on PS4.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on February 27, 2013, 11:33:55 AM

Not a bad idea. Although honestly they should have just waited to launch this on PS4.

Yeah, just. Except that would have turned a cheap, low-risk experiment into a high-risk, very expensive gamble.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2013, 12:57:17 PM »

I meant waited to do this for Uncharted 4 whenever it comes out.

People are less likely to invest in free to play purchases when they know that something upcoming is going to be a lot better, and the platform you're buying on will see a steady decline in the coming year.

This may be cheap and low risk, but doesn't mean it will make enough money, especially when the tone at the top is already focused on another platform.

For example, something like this may be a better option for Killzone Shadow Fall.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on February 27, 2013, 12:57:17 PM

I meant waited to do this for Uncharted 4 whenever it comes out.

Ah, ok.

I don't think they're really looking to earn money with this initiative. They're probably just experimenting with alternate ways of distributing and selling games, and judging interest in this project to see if it's worthwhile. If it's a success, expect to see this happen for future games released on PS4. In other words, certain PS4-games might end up being split up, for example by selling singleplayer and multiplayer separately. This might not be a good thing for those who like to play both, but for people like me, who never touch multiplayer, it should make games cheaper... If I'm right about all of the above anyway.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »

Free to play on the PC means that, barring titanic shifts on hardware and software achitecture, you'll have access to what you bought on the free to play game for as long as the service stays alive.

Buying it on something that's PS3 only, when the next hardware is already on its way this year means that not only is anything purchased now already obsolete, it also means that there's going to be a lot less active players on the PS3.

If anything, I really, really expect Planetside 2 to make the jump to PS4, since the PC-like hardware specs, larger memory, and better networking will actually allow MMO-like games to work.

I still think it's a good idea overall, but I think its a waste of resources at this point in the lifecycle unless they plan to bring it over to the PS4 somehow, which I doubt.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 30, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »

So, just finished this one recently and I'm honestly quite surprised at how it ended. I was building myself up towards a big boss fight like the second one, which never came. It almost felt like it something had been cut from it as it felt like it ended rather abruptly and way too easily. I kept expecting another villain mastermind to appear after the two others perished. Overall, there was some fine gameplay, but it never rose to the awesomeness of Uncharted 2.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: April 30, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »

Both the previous Uncharted games were heavily criticized for their final bosses, so Naughty Dog decided to do something different with Uncharted 3. It's all for the better, in my opinion. If a story doesn't need a boss fight, it shouldn't receive one. The only person worth being a "boss" in this game received an appropriate showdown at the end anyway. Bosses is one of the ages old gaming clichés that the industry is luckily taking steps to at least consider before putting it in on reflex.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 30, 2013, 11:23:23 PM »

Well, yeah, I`d agree, I guess. Though I would have expected a more intimidating final showdown at the very least and it wouldn`t have had to be a big boss either, but as it is, it built up and it built up and then it just seemed to fizzle. I guess the biggest showdown towards that part is when Nathan`s hallucinating which isn`t something I`d have expected near the end like that.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: May 01, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »

What about the knife fight? That is essentially the final boss in the game, and it's a pretty cool sequence.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »

While the knife fight was cool, it didn't really feel like something that would end the game with, but more like something that would have been in the middle. It just felt way too easy for what it was. I felt an accomplishment completing Uncharted 2, but this, not so much. Felt more like, "Ok, let's end this already." Didn't feel like as much thought had been put into the ending, not like the story was fully realized.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:09:53 PM by Rumpy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: