http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 12:25:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception!!  (Read 12583 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2011, 02:44:41 AM »

I happened to be in Subway today and they had the promo ads but not the cups. However, there was a QR code you could scan that gave you a free entry for the day (I wasn't an instant winner). I didn't get to watch those videos so I'm not clear if the MP code is something everyone gets or you have to win it.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2011, 03:56:27 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 02, 2011, 02:44:41 AM

I happened to be in Subway today and they had the promo ads but not the cups. However, there was a QR code you could scan that gave you a free entry for the day (I wasn't an instant winner). I didn't get to watch those videos so I'm not clear if the MP code is something everyone gets or you have to win it.

Sounded like every cup was a winner.  I was out all day today, but I'll check tomorrow for one.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »

Got a cup today.  You get a code that you have to enter on the subway contest webpage, then you have to choose your reward, one of them is the early access code.  MP visually looks nicer than the Beta did imo.  I suck horribly at it, however.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 02, 2011, 03:56:27 AM

Sounded like every cup was a winner.

sounds like the special olympics  icon_twisted

if you live in one of the 4 cities on this page you could get a shot at this early at a local AMC theater: http://www.amctheatres.com/uncharted3/

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2011, 08:46:24 PM »

Well, it does sort of make sense. If it was special prize to get into MP early, it would be like you and 2 other guys running around an empty map.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2011, 08:49:52 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 02, 2011, 08:46:24 PM

Well, it does sort of make sense. If it was special prize to get into MP early, it would be like you and 2 other guys running around an empty map.

Yeah I had no issues finding a game quickly and lots of players were already really high level.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2011, 12:30:27 PM »

So what's this psn pass thing?

Does this mean it can't be rented either without spending $10 bucks on something?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »

Pretty much, if you want to play online, you have to buy the game.

Ah, so nice to be back in the multiplayer again. Honestly, if this was multiplatform, I suspect Uncharted would have been really big.

The new maps are also much more vertical than before, the night map is crazy.

Although, there seems to be a little trouble with the cover system, that and the cover system still isn't that useful in versus multiplayer modes besides allowing you to actually duck. But, they did redo the timing on the whole grenade throwback system so that if a grenade lands near you in cover, you can actually toss it back.

They've also changed up the objective mode, I think even from the beta it's changed. Basically they're doing similar to how Killzone 2/3 handled objectives, where instead of playing in a set objective mode on a map, the game cycles through short rounds of various objectives, and the first team that wins 3 rounds of those wins. The objectives I've seen so far is simple deathmatch (team with most kills wins), multi-vip (kill a specific targeted character on the enemy team while protecting yours), various plunder modes where teams either grab and hold onto a gold idol or race around grabbing idols to deposit, and other variations on king of the hill or territory capture.

I love this method of handling objective multiplayer as it keeps the matches fresh, and helps balance out the game. There's perks that might give you an advantage in one mode (such as the infamous perk that allowed you to carry the plunder objective really fast, which broke that game mode) but aren't as useful when it switches to another.

Power plays and other shenanigans have been toned down a little from the beta. They still occur frequently, but they've stopped it from happening every minute of the game.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 03, 2011, 12:38:19 PM

Ah, so nice to be back in the multiplayer again. Honestly, if this was multiplatform, I suspect Uncharted would have been really big.

Although, there seems to be a little trouble with the cover system, that and the cover system still isn't that useful in versus multiplayer modes besides allowing you to actually duck. But, they did redo the timing on the whole grenade throwback system so that if a grenade lands near you in cover, you can actually toss it back.

They've also changed up the objective mode, I think even from the beta it's changed. Basically they're doing similar to how Killzone 2/3 handled objectives, where instead of playing in a set objective mode on a map, the game cycles through short rounds of various objectives, and the first team that wins 3 rounds of those wins. The objectives I've seen so far is simple deathmatch (team with most kills wins), multi-vip (kill a specific targeted character on the enemy team while protecting yours), various plunder modes where teams either grab and hold onto a gold idol or race around grabbing idols to deposit, and other variations on king of the hill or territory capture.

I love this method of handling objective multiplayer as it keeps the matches fresh, and helps balance out the game. There's perks that might give you an advantage in one mode (such as the infamous perk that allowed you to carry the plunder objective really fast, which broke that game mode) but aren't as useful when it switches to another.

Power plays and other shenanigans have been toned down a little from the beta. They still occur frequently, but they've stopped it from happening every minute of the game.

Ok, so it only affects online crap? Those of us that never plug the ps3 into the network are fine?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 03, 2011, 01:12:51 PM

Quote from: Turtle on October 03, 2011, 12:38:19 PM

Ok, so it only affects online crap? Those of us that never plug the ps3 into the network are fine?

All those online passes only affect MP.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »

So I realized tonight that the Sun Chips bags are not marked in any way. They just have a code printed in a box on the back.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 06, 2011, 12:17:20 AM

So I realized tonight that the Sun Chips bags are not marked in any way. They just have a code printed in a box on the back.

Yep, I wonder how many people bought those and someone had taken a cell phone photo of the code and redeemed it already!?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2011, 12:38:47 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 06, 2011, 12:21:29 AM

Yep, I wonder how many people bought those and someone had taken a cell phone photo of the code and redeemed it already!?

Really? Do people do that? Go to Subway and take pictures of chip bags?

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2011, 12:50:48 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 06, 2011, 12:38:47 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on October 06, 2011, 12:21:29 AM

Really? Do people do that? Go to Subway and take pictures of chip bags?

The kind of people who play MP games online do.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »

Harrison Ford plays Uncharted 3

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »

lol, that's so cool.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »

Launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dJuyv_ckh98

HOLY SHIT

eek eek eek eek eek drool drool drool drool drool
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 19, 2011, 02:47:54 PM

Daamn Sweeet!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »

I hope Naughty Dog doesn't dump their license off to another developer after 3 games like all their other IPs.

Although, if history is any indication, there will be a Drake kart racer out about this time next year.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2011, 10:13:13 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 19, 2011, 06:34:44 PM

I hope Naughty Dog doesn't dump their license off to another developer after 3 games like all their other IPs.

According to Naughty Dog, they plan to continue making Uncharted games until either they or the audience get tired of them.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2011, 10:18:27 PM »

Although, if history is any indication, there will be a Drake kart racer out about this time next year.

or maybe Nathan Party 1!

Sullyville?

Uncharted 2D!

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2011, 10:45:53 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on October 19, 2011, 10:13:13 PM

According to Naughty Dog, they plan to continue making Uncharted games until either they or the audience get tired of them.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2011, 08:07:56 AM »

I think Uncharted, for them, is a real labor of love. Every time there's interviews, you can tell they are excited about these games and are constantly talking about what awesome thing they can do next. In one interview they talked about how normally, after a giant production like U2 wraps up everyone splits up to go on vacation, and then kinda eases into things when they come back. With Uncharted 3, the team got back from wrap vacation and dived right into making the game and prototyping all the really heavy stuff that was going to be in the game.

I do think they might switch main characters. I wouldn't be surprised if Chloe Fraser takes over as the lead and the current cast.

Also from their own words, Sully is going to be with Nate for long stretches of the game this time, as opposed to a few scenes in Uncharted 2. They're exploring the whole mentor role he had for Nate.

And holy crap, Elena looks a bit different up close. Her eyes now have slightly Asian features in there.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:13:53 AM by Turtle » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2011, 08:28:26 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 20, 2011, 08:07:56 AM

And holy crap, Elena looks a bit different up close. Her eyes now have slightly Asian features in there.

Speaking of Elena and switching main characters... I don't think Elena is going to feature much in this game from what I understand. It's a shame too, since she's one of my favorite characters in this series. Chloe works best as a backup character, but not when the spotlight is on her.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2011, 02:16:08 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 20, 2011, 08:28:26 AM

Speaking of Elena and switching main characters... I don't think Elena is going to feature much in this game from what I understand. It's a shame too, since she's one of my favorite characters in this series. Chloe works best as a backup character, but not when the spotlight is on her.

They pretty much said this is a guy story.  The girls will not be prominently featured.

I think Elena just looks more feminine.  Looks like all their facial animation/designs look much better.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:18:32 PM by leo8877 » Logged
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2011, 06:05:30 PM »

1up weighs in with an A!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »

I've avoided all but the first trailer and merely watched the very beginning and end of GameTrailers' review (released just moments ago), but I did notice the changes they made to Elena in one scene I did see. Those aren't slight Asian features. They went all-out Asian with her. She looks like a completely different person, at least in the clip I saw. That's not good. Makes me think the design change was so gradual for the developers that by the time she reached the state she's at now they were unable to see the difference, whereas we see it right away.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »

Five stars on giantbomb:

http://www.giantbomb.com/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/61-32982/reviews/
didn't read it..total blackout on this one...
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2011, 06:31:35 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 24, 2011, 06:20:55 PM

Five stars on giantbomb:

Well, you better stop looking, because once you see your first 9.9 you'll decide it's a letdown and cancel your preorder.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 24, 2011, 06:31:35 PM

Five stars on giantbomb:

Well, you better stop looking, because once you see your first 9.9 you'll decide it's a letdown and cancel your preorder.

whole list of reviews:

Edge 9
    Playmania (Spain) 9.9
    OPM Spain 9.8
    Power Unlimited 94
    PS Mania 4/5
    Level Magazine 10 (Second opinion: 8/10)
    IGN Germany 9.5
    JeuxVideo 9
    XGN 9.4
    GamePro 5/5
    TheSixthAxis 10
    Eurogamer.pt 9
    CVG 9.5
    Eurogamer 8
    IGN 10
    Giantbomb 5/5
    Joystiq 4.5/5
    GameReactor Sweden 10
    PlayStation Lifestyle 10
    1UP A
    The Telegraph 4.5/5
    Videogamer 9
    Paste Magazine 9.1
    OPM UK 10
    NowGamer 9.7
    GameTrailers 9.5
    Metro 9
    Everyeye.it 9.5
    GamersGlobe (Denmark) 8
    Eurogamer.cz 10
    4Gamers (Belgium) 9.4
    Playfront.de 10
    GamesRadar 9
    IncGamers 10
    Play3.de 9.5
    GameReactor Norway 9
    VaDeJuegos.com (Spain) 9.4
    Eurogamer Benelux 9
    SPOnG 89%
    Vandal (Spain) 9.6
    Game Informer 9.50

Gamestop closes at 9pm  icon_wink

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2011, 07:01:57 PM »

Awfully early for all these reviews...where is the GT review?

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 24, 2011, 06:31:35 PM

Five stars on giantbomb:

Get off my nutz.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »

GOTY
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »

I watched the Gametrailers review and the only disappointing thing I heard was how short the SP game looks to be.  They said something under 10 hours.  I know MP is popular and they seem to have put a lot of effort into it but I want a great and long Uncharted story.  It seems like I will only get 1 of those. 

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2011, 07:33:57 PM »

Can't wait. Adored the 2nd one.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2011, 10:49:25 PM »

Didn't Batman AA and Uncharted 2 come out the same year?  That's too bad, because Uncharted 2 earned my GOTY, it was hard to choose between the two, and looks like it's going to be tough again this year.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2011, 03:31:55 AM »

I see that IGN gave it a perfect ten-literally.  Every single category scored a 10.  I don't think I've seen that before.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »

Lame. It deserves 11s.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2011, 01:13:26 PM »

It only gets 11's when I can play it.  So either they give me a PS3 or make it work on 360 slywink  PS: why isn't teggy in BF3?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 25, 2011, 01:13:26 PM

It only gets 11's when I can play it.  So either they give me a PS3 or make it work on 360 slywink  PS: why isn't teggy in BF3?

OK, first of all, based on the BF3 thread, I'm pretty sure you have a PS3. Second of all, my in-laws are in town, so I will be lucky to install the game tonight, much less play it frown

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: