http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:48:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncharted 2: Among Impressions Threads [Hide the spoilers well!]  (Read 19569 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 04:02:46 AM »

Man this series should be viewed as a clinic on how to make your game world look and feel lived in and believable.  The attention to detail is out of this world. 
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 04:09:49 AM »

i got totally sucked into the game this evening and made it to the beginning of chapter 7 before finally convincing myself to put down my controller for the night...absolutely fantastic game so far.  as has been said in practically every review so far, Uncharted 2 has perfectly paced action, incredible graphics and art design, and tells its story better than just about any other game i've played...but that's not what makes it so great.  there are a lot of games that do these things well, but it's the way Uncharted 2 blends it all together so perfectly that really makes the experience something special.  once you start that awesome opening sequence, the game transitions smoothly from scene to scene without a single delay, making it almost impossible to put down.  i've been completely sucked in for the last three hours and just hit an interesting (but somewhat expected) twist in the story...can't wait to see what happens next icon_cool

i also have to mention a fantastic set piece in chapter six...one that actually appeared in pre-release footage, but was still awesome to experience...
Spoiler for Hiden:
the entirety of chapter six is great, but i played through the helicopter fight sequence this evening and loved it.  running through a building as it's blown to pieces by the helicopter, fighting soldiers, then jumping to safety as the entire building crashes down behind you is just awesome.  drake's comment as soon as you're safe was perfect...as was chloe's reaction.

i loved the humor of the original Uncharted and am glad that it's back full force for Uncharted 2.  Drake and Chloe play off each other perfectly, and the story wouldn't work nearly as well if without such high quality voice acting and animation.  some of the banter between them is hilarious...love some of the lines when drake is checking out chloe...

"It's a shame to sit on something that nice" icon_wink

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2009, 04:32:05 AM »

I'm very near the end.  Yeah, I played it that long straight and have decided to put it on hold, get some rest, and enjoy it with fresh eyes.

Thing about Uncharted 2 is, I won't feel like I've cheated myself if I finish it quickly, it's like when I have a day off and curl up with a season set of a TV show or something.

Plus, there's the multiplayer and co-op to get in to.

Loving the banter between all the characters too.  The stealth sequences are fun, since stealth is just a bonus, you can still just shoot your way through.

Sorry, but I just don't agree with a few reviewers who talk about the game losing steam half-way through.  Don't believe them since they're probably looking for CoD style action all the way through.  Uncharted 2 is an action/ADVENTURE and more of the adventure elements kick in the second half of the game, but the action still doesn't let up.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2009, 05:20:32 AM »

I'm a bigger fan of the adventure/platforming portions of the game than the combat, to be honest I'd be completely content with the game if there was NO combat.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 05:36:37 AM »

Does this play in 1080p for anyone? The box lists supported resolutions like this: 480p.720p.1080i.1080p (no clue what the use of red signifies) but it will only play in 720p on both of my HDMI cabled PS3s.  icon_confused

Edited to add: Found some posts on the net saying that deselecting 720p as a supported resolution in the System menu would allow it to run in 1080p... and it does. I guess that's fine since I'll just be playing this but if I don't re-enable it then 720p games will play in 480p from what I understand. Does anyone know why it picks 720p when my system supports 1080p just fine and if there's any way to make this automagic so I don't have to (possibly) change my display settings every time between games? icon_cry
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 05:48:04 AM by MonkeyFinger » Logged

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 05:48:58 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on October 14, 2009, 05:36:37 AM

Does this play in 1080p for anyone? The box lists supported resolutions like this: 480p.720p.1080i.1080p (no clue what the use of red signifies) but it will only play in 720p on both of my HDMI cabled PS3s.  icon_confused

Edited to add: Found some posts on the net saying that deselecting 720p as a supported resolution in the System menu would allow it to run in 1080p... and it does. I guess that's fine since I'll just be playing this but if I don't re-enable it then 720p games will play in 480p from what I understand. Does anyone know why it picks 720p when my system supports 1080p just fine and if there's any way to make this automagic so I don't have to (possibly) change my display settings every time between games? icon_cry

Makes no difference to me what resolution it is. It's the best looking game I've ever seen, whatever resolution that is I'll take it.

Sean Lama
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 06:32:11 AM »

The game runs natively at 720p.  At 1080p it's likely just upscaling it.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 09:15:31 AM »

What Turtle said.

You might as well re-select 720p, you won't be missing anything.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »

Someone on NeoGAF said the cutscenes run in 1080p native but I don't know if that's true. 
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on October 14, 2009, 05:20:32 AM

I'm a bigger fan of the adventure/platforming portions of the game than the combat, to be honest I'd be completely content with the game if there was NO combat.

This is exactly my feeling.  I really disliked the combat in the first one, and there was so much of it (in utterly inane places) that it brought down my whole experience with it.  I'm waiting to hear that there is a much smaller emphasis on shooty bits before I decide to pick this up.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 12:45:27 PM »

.72 K/D after 3 Matches! Yahoo! slywink
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on October 14, 2009, 12:24:44 PM

Quote from: Ridah on October 14, 2009, 05:20:32 AM

This is exactly my feeling.  I really disliked the combat in the first one, and there was so much of it (in utterly inane places) that it brought down my whole experience with it.  I'm waiting to hear that there is a much smaller emphasis on shooty bits before I decide to pick this up.

So far (Chapter 9) I'd say the ratio is a little more in favor of platforming than the first game.  Maybe 60/40 action/platforming?

The shooting is also improved but then again I think the combat in Uncharted 1 was fantastic so you certainly may not agree. 
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »

I actually rented this today, despite the fact that I don't even own a PS3.  Just so I can hold the disc and read the instruction manual.

Kidding, I did rent it, but I plan on going to a local cyber cafe to play it smile

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2009, 03:09:59 PM »

Oh and I would like to add:

360 controller >>>>>+++++++++++++++++ PS3 controller.

Playing FPS or 3PS on this system is agonizing.   
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2009, 03:18:53 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 14, 2009, 03:09:59 PM

Amen, brother. My kingdom for a PS3 controller that was a twin to the 360 design. I remember when the PS3 was first announced, they had completely redesigned the controller. It looked similar to a more sharply curved boomerang. God I wish we had that now.....
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »

please let this be in the mail today.

Quote from: Dante Rising on October 14, 2009, 03:18:53 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 14, 2009, 03:09:59 PM

Amen, brother. My kingdom for a PS3 controller that was a twin to the 360 design. I remember when the PS3 was first announced, they had completely redesigned the controller. It looked similar to a more sharply curved boomerang. God I wish we had that now.....
there is a hack to get a ps3 into a 360 shell (and vice versa, but who would want that?).  i haven't tried it, but it's tempting.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »

I assume nobody with a queasy-prone stomach like mine is suffering motion sickness with this? I was at a Best Buy at lunch, and they were stacking up PS3 slims in the middle of a main isle. If they'd had this on the shelves, I might've been an impulse buyer.   drool Alas, what I thought were stacks of Uncharted 2 on a cart were the orignal Uncharted. And the impulse thus went away...

I avoided the XBox360 due to noise and reliability concerns, and I just never saw anything on PS3 that called out to me. I haven't played my PS2 in years (though I still use it as my DVD player). Anyway, sorry to interrupt the impressions.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 05:41:13 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 14, 2009, 04:32:05 AM

Sorry, but I just don't agree with a few reviewers who talk about the game losing steam half-way through.  Don't believe them since they're probably looking for CoD style action all the way through.  Uncharted 2 is an action/ADVENTURE and more of the adventure elements kick in the second half of the game, but the action still doesn't let up.

Agreed.  It's probably the best paced game I've ever played (as of Chapter 22).  It knows exactly when to give you a breather and change up the gameplay only to ratchet things up even more a bit later. Uncharted 2 probably comes the closest I've played to matching the feel of a 2 hour movie in a 10 hour gameplay experience. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 14, 2009, 05:37:41 PM

I assume nobody with a queasy-prone stomach like mine is suffering motion sickness with this?

well, is your stomach so sensitive that a tomb raider / zelda type 3rd person action/adventure game upsets it? because i'm not seeing anything fundamentally unique in the way the uncharted games deal with things compared to others of this type...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 14, 2009, 05:37:41 PM

I assume nobody with a queasy-prone stomach like mine is suffering motion sickness with this? I was at a Best Buy at lunch, and they were stacking up PS3 slims in the middle of a main isle. If they'd had this on the shelves, I might've been an impulse buyer.   drool Alas, what I thought were stacks of Uncharted 2 on a cart were the orignal Uncharted. And the impulse thus went away...

I thought motion sickness mostly happened in a FPS?  UC is 3rd person.

It seems like a lot of people jumping on UC2 never played UC1.  Why not save your money and get UC1 instead? (I'm assuming the price dropped for UC1). You still get a great game with the added benefit of getting to know the characters a little better.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »

Since I had to give up Champions Online (3rd person, but to me the way it handled its motion was quease-inducing), I've gotten a little pickier even about third person games. Batman Dark Asylum has been no problem, but Red Faction: Guerilla at times has. I dunno, I may just have to retire from action gaming given how many games give me problems now.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2009, 09:25:50 PM »

I am on Chapter 11 now and I must say that the set pieces are glorious.  Naughty Dog did what Insomniac could not (with Resistance 2), they delivered a sequel that improves upon the original, all while keeping the spirit of the first game that made it so special.  I'm loving this game!  It is everything that I'd hoped U:2 would be.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »

There's a Very Easy setting that only affects combat, makes it still fun to play but the combat is, well, very easy.  Still challenging for non-action gamers, but they add in a lot of aim assist, including stuff that helps track moving targets and more.  Enemies are far less likely to flank, slower to flank, don't use grenades anywhere near as often either.  So, for non-action gamers you can stop in cover and take your time to shoot targets, and they'll only need about 2-3 shots each.

I actually like that difficulty even though I'm quite skilled at shooters.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »

I just got a copy of this from my office library, so I guess I'll be putting Brutal Legend aside for a few days so I can blow through Uncharted so as not to hog it.  I'm definitely at least playing on Easy, and the Very Easy setting sounds interesting to minimize the annoying factor of combat.  Can you change difficulty during the game?

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2009, 09:32:55 PM »

FWIW, I think this game is much, much easier than the first game.  I'm playing on Hard and I think at that level it is easier than the first game was at Normal.  I can't imagine most people having any issues playing on Normal difficulty. 
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on October 14, 2009, 09:29:56 PM

I just got a copy of this from my office library, so I guess I'll be putting Brutal Legend aside for a few days so I can blow through Uncharted so as not to hog it.  I'm definitely at least playing on Easy, and the Very Easy setting sounds interesting to minimize the annoying factor of combat.  Can you change difficulty during the game?

Yes, you can change the difficulty at any point during the game.  I'd actually recommend doing so if any part of the game frustrates you as you'll enjoy it more instead of trying to power through it and missing out on some of the set pieces.

Uncharted 2 starts out easier and scales up the difficulty more smoothly than uncharted 1 did, but later in the campaign things get really insane and it becomes a bit harder.  In part this is because of the new enemy types, more enemies on screen at once, and wider variety of weapons that they use.  I just think it's a case of them doing a better job of ramping up the difficulty over time than 2 being easier than 1.

Also, who here really, really likes the stealth elements?  I found myself constantly, of my own choice, restarting segments that I could do stealthily if I mess up.  I always wanted to take out the most people I can using stealth and also love the stealth takedown rewards you get.  I know I can just shoot my way out with no penalty, but it just feels right for Nate to slink around taking out grunts.  I also love that how, when the bullets start flying, you can actually hide and get behind enemies.  You'll see them shooting where they last thought you were too.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:47:00 PM by Turtle » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2009, 10:34:19 PM »

Yeah the stealth stuff is implemented really well and very smoothly.

Also, Turtle you deserve some kind of Nostradamus award- I was looking through the old Uncharted 1 impressions thread and within a week of that game's release you predicted the setting and ultimate goal of Uncharted 2.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 14, 2009, 09:32:55 PM

FWIW, I think this game is much, much easier than the first game.  I'm playing on Hard and I think at that level it is easier than the first game was at Normal.  I can't imagine most people having any issues playing on Normal difficulty. 

I was playing through the first Uncharted on Crushing before I started Uncharted 2 on Normal, and it's kind of silly how many bullets you can take in comparison.
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2009, 10:38:35 PM »

The multiplayer in this game is VERY fun!
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2009, 11:52:34 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 14, 2009, 10:34:19 PM

Also, Turtle you deserve some kind of Nostradamus award- I was looking through the old Uncharted 1 impressions thread and within a week of that game's release you predicted the setting and ultimate goal of Uncharted 2.

Quote from: Turtle on November 19, 2007, 04:00:25 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Plenty of old legends, dead cities, and famous figures to explore.  I'd love to see the next one take on an Asian myth, Shangri-La.  The story leaves a lot of things open.  Nate and Elena might have a bit of a falling out, the fortune Sully nabs could be spent away paying off old debts.  Until Nate or Elena discover a new treasure which reunites them and they go off on another adventure.

whoa! - kinda creepy smile ...

finishing chapter 7, & it's like naughty dog read my mind, or something - they've taken everything i liked about the first one, thrown in just the kinda stuff i'd've chosen to have them throw in, including the opening, which actually made me like (well, at least empathize with smile ) nate, & made the whole thing look & sound even prettier (& funnier) than the first one. very addictive, & very suspenseful (it's often only my poor skills that hold me back from roaring thru it smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2009, 12:09:33 AM »

This game is awesome!

There's a couple of nitpicks, like when I'm walking over skulls and bones, I should be hearing them crumble underneath my feet.  The guards are hot and cold.  I can literally stand to their side and they won't see me, but if I stealth kill one the guard far away from me will see me.  (referring to the courtyard level early on in the game)

Other than that, it's great!

Spoiler for Hiden:
I just finished the part where the building collapses and you jump to the next building.  Now that alone is cool in itself, but it goes 1 step further.  As soon as you jump through the window, all you hear is silence, except for a wall clock.  It was eerie but cool at the same moment.  It felt right.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2009, 02:00:53 AM »

&, for anyone wondering, yes, this game's every bit as good or better than batman smile ...

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2009, 03:54:22 AM »

Quote from: semiconscious on October 15, 2009, 02:00:53 AM

&, for anyone wondering, yes, this game's every bit as good or better than batman smile ...

Oh no, this game blows Batman, let alone any single-player game that has come before it, out of the water. This is the first game I've ever played which I had insanely high expectations for yet were they were still exceeded. Naughty God, indeed. 

Sean Lama
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2009, 04:49:11 AM »

for me, it's too early to say.  However from what I've seen it's looking that. 
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2009, 04:56:30 AM »

I finished Batman on Sunday night and started playing this yesterday. There's something to be said for finishing a great game and then jumping right into a truly stupendous one. No worries about a letdown here. I've just been dabbling with the game a bit. I've played halfway through Chapter 3 and plan to start over again this weekend when I'll have more time to play. I agree with everyone who says that this game is even better than the first. The pacing, writing, graphics, and set pieces are fantastic.

There's one thing that baffles me, however. In the first game I thought of Drake as a fortune hunter, and I find it a bit jarring for them to portray him in this one as an out-and-out (teensy spolier?) thief. It's one thing to go hunting in lost tombs for loot, it's another thing entirely to rob a museum. The developers seemed a bit uneasy about this too, as Chapter 2 has a lot of contrivances to avoid having Drake killing any guards or bystanders. It just really doesn't fit well with my view of the character.

I do have to agree with Kevin that this one is a lot easier than the first one, even playing on Hard. I'm also disappointed to hear that there aren't as many combat arenas. Unlike a lot of people, I though the combat system in the first game was just just about perfect and I loved how the game threw waves of enemies at you.

The new stealth elements make up for the combat changes though smile I'm looking forward to getting more time to play this over the weekend. Between Batman, this, and Brutal Legend, 2009 is shaping up to be a banner year.  
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2009, 05:23:12 AM »

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on October 15, 2009, 04:56:30 AM

There's one thing that baffles me, however. In the first game I thought of Drake as a fortune hunter, and I find it a bit jarring for them to portray him in this one as an out-and-out (teensy spolier?) thief. It's one thing to go hunting in lost tombs for loot, it's another thing entirely to rob a museum. The developers seemed a bit uneasy about this too, as Chapter 2 has a lot of contrivances to avoid having Drake killing any guards or bystanders. It just really doesn't fit well with my view of the character.

I hadn't really thought about it before but I didn't find it particularly jarring based on my view of Nate from the first game.  I didn't see anything wrong with the efforts he made not to kill the guards- there is a big line between being a thief and being a murderer.

However I think the major theme of the game is Nate coming to terms with who he is, both honorable and otherwise.  It's really, really well done.  It perfectly straddles the line of being a bit darker without actually being y' know "dark".  

I do have to agree with Kevin that this one is a lot easier than the first one, even playing on Hard. I'm also disappointed to hear that there aren't as many combat arenas. Unlike a lot of people, I though the combat system in the first game was just just about perfect and I loved how the game threw waves of enemies at you.

Yeah, I loved the system and arenas in the first game as well.  I think combat in Uncharted 1 is vastly misunderstood because people try and play it like Gears of War and despite superficial similarities that isn't how it's designed to be played.  While Uncharted 2 is without a doubt a better game, I'm not sure it will be as replayable for me as the first game.  Those arenas are what keep me coming back.  That said, the battles in the second half of Uncharted 2 are just epic so there will be plenty of fun to be had on future playthroughs.  

Made it to the second to last level before calling it a night.  Probably could have finished but I didn't want to feel rushed.  
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2009, 05:30:01 AM »

Wow, that prediction is pretty trippy.  I should play the stock market.  slywink

edit:  Not really any spoilers in this, but some people seem to think so.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Okay, since I predicted the last game, I'm putting out a prediction for Uncharted 3:  Nate and Elena somehow ended up together, not the perfect couple, but they work well.  Nate does legal treasure hunting and guides archaeologists wherever Elana happens to be covering world events.  Elena is injured somehow.  This time, Nate is the one doing the hunting for a mythical treasure that could save her life.  This thrusts Nate back into the criminal world he left behind and on a whirlwind adventure, testing his willpower and humanity as he's forced to do some darker stuff to save her.

He'll be following Magellan this time, perhaps searching for the lost city of Atlantis where, contrary to historical accounts, Magellan wasn't killed on the island of Mactan but there instead.  Maybe looking for wondrous medicines or machines referenced by a secret journal of Socrates (or whatever philosopher invented the idea of Atlantis).

Let's see how this one pans out 2-4 years later.  I suspect Naughty Dog will be taking a break and making another Jak and Daxter game, although I think Sony might force them to move straight into Uncharted 3 since the series is pretty successful.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:39:32 AM by Turtle » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2009, 05:36:03 AM »

Ahem, spoilers.

Edit: Thanks for the edit.

gellar
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:41:47 AM by gellar » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2009, 06:00:53 AM »

I just spent about two hours in getting up to chapter 4 playing on easy.  I got stuck in chapter 2 when:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I couldn't figure out how the hell to get past the guard leaning against the railing on the little porch thing, the one past the guy by the fountain.  I figured you'd have to do a traidtional rail takedown, but got thrown off when it didn't tell you that you could do that (since you're still in tutorial mode), and when the guard consistently got alerted when I grabbed onto the railing.  Thinking I had to go about it differently, I spent the next 45 minutes figuring out how to take down every guard in the place except for the three on the porch.  Eventually caved and consulted the web only to find that you're supposed to do a rail takedown, and just have to do it quickly after you alert him.  For some reason, his shouting in surprise doesn't alert the guy 10' away. 

Of course, several minutes after this, they then teach you how to do a rail takedown.

So far, other than getting stuck in that stupid area, it's definitely easier than the first.  The enemies are wearing body armor, but amazingly go down a lot easier than their wife beater-wearing buddies from the first game.  This is good.  I still like the characters and cinematics. 

I also like getting an extra $100,000 to spend in the extras shop for finishing the first one.  Now, if only there were more than a handful of things unlocked.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2009, 06:11:50 AM »

You guys might feel that the game is easier, but I dread my Crushing playthrough. From what I can see, the level design will make Crushing much, much, MUCH more difficult than in the first game. In Uncharted 1 you could stand behind tall obstacles and use shoulder view to fire at enemies without exposing yourself (as long as you didn't use the actual cover system). This was absolutely vital to winning at that difficulty. In Uncharted 2 there doesn't seem to be nearly as many tall obstacles, and some difficult battles don't have them at all. There are some battles I can't even imagine being possible to win at Crushing.

Also, the difficulty in Uncharted 1 was uneven. Some of the hardest battles in the game were in chapters 4 and 5, while you were still learning to play properly. Uncharted 2 seems pretty balanced so far (reached chapter 17 in one evening of play. The game says I'm about 55% complete, but I don't know how accurate that is).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: