http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 10:11:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFO's land at GOG  (Read 413 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »

they would love to have you for dinner.  and a second wave is on it's way soon.  we these the ones that were supposed to be 'the next X-Com', or was that another series?

and remember, use the GT GOG banner, or else you may have an experience of the Fourth Kind.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »

Yeah, they were the new UFO games....and while not bad in themselves, they somehow failed to capture the spirit of the old ones for some reason.

I wonder if any UFO game ever will, or what we are all looking for was more a thing of times past, never to reclaimed?

A new one
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 10:27:18 PM »

I had the 1st game in the series - UFO Aftermath. It was OK-good I'd say, but it definitely wasn't on the level of X-Com. One thing to consider is that they released a pack called UFO Trilogy that had all 3 games in it, so it might be worth looking for it before you spend $ on individual games.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 01:10:44 AM »

I played all three (UFO Aftermath, Aftershock, and Afterlight) and enjoyed 'em as much as when I was 10-years-old and playing X-Com. IMO, the UFO: Aftermath series made a very poor first impression because- with the exception of the last game - they were very buggy and, frankly, not as novel as X-Com was in its day. Still, I personally had little problems with bugs with any of the games, loved what the modders added, and just enjoyed the retro feel of the all of them: developing a 2 handed machine-pistol squad leader, using old-fashioned projectile  weapons or kitschy energy beams and needing to calculate action points or else...

I'm a fan of this sort of game; whether its UFO Extraterrestrials or UFO AI ...

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: