http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 03:45:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubisoft's I Am Alive  (Read 511 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »

http://iamalivegame.us.ubi.com/

I had forgot about this one till I saw a little write up in my latest Game Informer mag. Its a survival game set in Chicago after a 10.9 earthquake ruins the property values smile Water is more precious than gold and roving gangs mean to take everything you have or worse. All you want to do is find and save your ex girlfriend who you still love. The city is falling down around you and rescue is a week away.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »

Hmmmmm.  This sounds really familiar. 

It actually sounds like an update of Disaster Report for the PS2. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »

They will probably ruin it by having the source of the quake being the release of some genetically engineered creatures (or the quake will release some genetically engineered creatures that were safely locked away), but I'm intrigued.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 05:01:42 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 18, 2009, 04:53:12 PM

Disaster Report was sort of cool - one second you're walking around, the world starts shaking and boom aftershock.

I mean, the game itself was pretty crappy, but there was potential and hopefully I Am Alive can nail it...

TheMissingLink on PSN
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on February 18, 2009, 05:01:42 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on February 18, 2009, 04:53:12 PM

Disaster Report was sort of cool - one second you're walking around, the world starts shaking and boom aftershock.

I mean, the game itself was pretty crappy, but there was potential and hopefully I Am Alive can nail it...

I was really interested in Disaster Report when it was released, but poor reviews discouraged me from giving it a try.  If I Am Alive can nail what Disaster Report could have been, then it sounds like a rather intriguing idea and certainly has potential. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 05:36:27 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 18, 2009, 05:00:09 PM

They will probably ruin it by having the source of the quake being the release of some genetically engineered creatures (or the quake will release some genetically engineered creatures that were safely locked away), but I'm intrigued.

Please, please, please don't let this be true (the creatures, not that you are intrigued icon_wink). They could *so* make a really interesting game out of this premise without screwing it up with aliens or creatures or other wacko stuff.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 05:46:32 PM »

They will probably ruin it by having the source of the quake being the release of some genetically engineered creatures (or the quake will release some genetically engineered creatures that were safely locked away), but I'm intrigued

aaaaaaaand teggy just hit the mid to late game "twist."  you know, right around when killing the normal enemies is getting a little boring... when you need a new, tough adversary?  something "different" - and the game mechanic responsible for such all time greats as nazi super soldiers with battle armor? smile
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on February 18, 2009, 05:36:27 PM

Quote from: Teggy on February 18, 2009, 05:00:09 PM

Please, please, please don't let this be true (the creatures, not that you are intrigued icon_wink). They could *so* make a really interesting game out of this premise without screwing it up with aliens or creatures or other wacko stuff.

Well, according to wikipedia, there is a reference in the trailer to a Maori god that causes earthquakes, so I don't have my hopes up that this won't take a supernatural route.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »

No no no..... It'll be the fact that you are actually strapped into a machine, forced to re-live some ancestors memories to find the location of something.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 18, 2009, 06:13:11 PM

No no no..... It'll be the fact that you are actually strapped into a machine, forced to re-live some ancestors memories to find the location of something.....

Or forced to run from top of building to top of building, making incredible jumps, carrying messages from one group of survivors to another....

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: