http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 02:37:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Worlds Impressions  (Read 8413 times)
Creepy_Smell
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 06:12:43 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on August 29, 2007, 05:47:38 PM

Bring your own!  [Lockdown sits and reads Destructor's thoughts]

[Reads....]

frown  [Lockdown is sad]

Edit:  Our buddy Eightball posted something regarding Magic Users in his latest post (on OO) that really has changed my outlook.  I can't stand playing melee classes in games like this, so I may have to do some more research before diving in.  Damn it!

Try the demo if you haven't. I'm unsure if level is capped in demo but I have played about 2 1/2hrs and am level 7ish. Just save before talking to quest people as 1 of them is when the demo stops (Its someone who is part of main quest). The map in demo is still a big area to explore.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »

I played a total of about 2 hours on my rental, not counting the time demo'ing the game to Fyedaddy. Here's my thoughts on this game on the 360.

Quote from: Destructor
1) Combat sucks. The game DESPERATELY needs a block button like Oblivion to at least make combat a slight bit more than button mashing. All I did the ENTIRE time I played was swing my 2 handed stick like a baseball bat with wild abandon and smash things all over the place. How can archery and magic possibly keep up with the hundreds of points of damage (I was averaging around 800 points per swing against multiple targets easily) I was doing?

The combat was pathetic. Outright pathetic. Now, part of that was due to the utterly atrocious graphic performance of the game on the 360 (ask Fyedaddy; at times, you could count the frames) when more than one enemy was around. Part of it was also due to the squirrelly controls. But the main reason I didn't like the combat at all was because it amounted to only two things: either mash the regular attack button repeatedly (there is literally nothing you can do for regular attacks other than that as far as I played) or use the "special attack" button (the single button that you can use for whatever the shortcut is currently set to, much like in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance). That's it.

2) The game truly is a loot whore game. For some magical reason, you can 'mush' the same items together to make a better one, and as thus you're constantly checking to see if you can upgrade anything you have. Can't do that on spells though (go figure).

The inventory was pathetically implemented. It was obviously meant for pc mouse drag-and-drop, and I'm sure I would've loved it that way. On the 360, I kid you not, you could never be sure what item you'd end up with when you pressed a direction on the analog stick. Sometimes down would be down, sometimes diagonally down. I tested that from the SAME originating item in the inventory to prove to myself that I wasn't imagining things.

I liked the variation of the items I saw in my short time. That was one of the very positive things about the game.

3) Voice acting, well, isn't all that good. On the flip side, Oblivion wasn't much better. On my demo though, the lips were sorta synced, so maybe somebody didn't patch (it's in the 1.5 patch notes I thought).

The voice acting in Oblivion is mediocre (sometimes worse, sometimes better). The voice acting in Rogue Galaxy is painful at least half the time, quite often more. The "voice acting" and script in Two Worlds is so awful it's not even amusing for how bad it is. And I watch bad movies because I find entertainment in laughing at their awfulness.

4) Horse riding sucks. It takes way too long to get on and off (yeah, it's somewhat realistic, but it was something that should've been skipped), and with the poor control of your horse (also realistic) it makes riding combat annoying at best.

I didn't like the horse riding much in Oblivion actually. But I at least was willing to use horses in that game. After a few minutes on a horse in Two Worlds, I wanted to put the poor beast into detox.

5) Game looks very nice at full detail levels. Nice lush forests, giant hills, and plenty of detail.

The game is quite pretty, I like a lot of the design, but good grief... I'm not a super stickler on framerates as long as they're fairly consistent and playable. This game is neither of those.

Overall, there's a good game buried under layers of poor controls, poor presentation quality (writing/acting), and poor performance of the game on the 360 release. I know, I know, this is the PC forum, but I'm really startled at the fact that it's seeming like the 360 and the PC versions are almost like two entirely different games.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2007, 08:22:17 PM »

The PC version plays so fantastically (with NO fog at all and absurd visibility) that I find it very hard to believe that the 360 version is so pathetic as far as the frame rate goes. Why? Yeah, the grass 'fades' in and you can very clearly see the mip-mapping lines, but from my understanding, messing with the .ini files should fix that.

Oh, and another note - your character is an utter idiot. One time it was raining, and after about 10 seconds in the middle of the downpour, my guy seems absolutely shocked that water can fall from the sky.

Another point (and I kid you not), the guy said, "Looks like my inlaws". Now, that would've been funny if I was facing a zombie or some skeletons or something, but I had just engaged a GHOST BEAR. What point was he trying to make?

Last thing - why am I in a world where the game is SO male biased it's not even funny? The only females I could find in the demo looked like they'd fit right in in a 3rd world country and their beliefs. In short - don't expect to see a single female in any sort of non-housewife position (at least in the demo). I don't know why, but that irritates me nowadays (and before you ask, yes, I'm a guy).

Maybe the male only thing when it comes to your player is due to the voice acting (your player character is fully voiced), so maybe that's it. Still, it's annoying.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on August 29, 2007, 08:05:57 PM

I'm really startled at the fact that it's seeming like the 360 and the PC versions are almost like two entirely different games.

It's about freakin time, now you know how we feel about console ports!  icon_wink
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »

Oh, and far as the demo length goes - you're confined to a 'small' part of the world (still pretty dang huge), and beyond that there's no restrictions or limits (I hit level 12 and amassed quite a small fortune in weapons and armor) by the time I got bored (and took about 5 hours or so) by doing pretty much everything.

So go download the demo and try it out for yourself.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2007, 09:11:55 PM »

Quote from: Jag on August 29, 2007, 08:40:41 PM

I'm really startled at the fact that it's seeming like the 360 and the PC versions are almost like two entirely different games.

It's about freakin time, now you know how we feel about console ports!  icon_wink

As a pc/console gamer, I already felt that pain. icon_biggrin Though usually on the pc side, not the console side!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2007, 02:17:43 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 29, 2007, 05:02:52 PM

1) Combat sucks. The game DESPERATELY needs a block button like Oblivion to at least make combat a slight bit more than button mashing. All I did the ENTIRE time I played was swing my 2 handed stick like a baseball bat with wild abandon and smash things all over the place. How can archery and magic possibly keep up with the hundreds of points of damage (I was averaging around 800 points per swing against multiple targets easily) I was doing?
Did you encounter any archers?  they know the concept of 'run away from the man with the big sword and resume shooting from a distance'.  Fightint hem is kind of annoying if you don't have a ranged weapon.  I saw someone else say there's no block button- stuff like that is figured out automatically with a percentage that's computed by different factors.

2) The game truly is a loot whore game. For some magical reason, you can 'mush' the same items together to make a better one, and as thus you're constantly checking to see if you can upgrade anything you have. Can't do that on spells though (go figure).
yeah, the mushing items together is kind of weird, but potion making can be interesting.

3) Voice acting, well, isn't all that good. On the flip side, Oblivion wasn't much better. On my demo though, the lips were sorta synced, so maybe somebody didn't patch (it's in the 1.5 patch notes I thought).
well, the US version is 1.5 so I'm patched up.  Maybe something I did while tweaking messed it up- I know I did something that played havoc with portions of the characters faces disappearing while talking.

4) Horse riding sucks. It takes way too long to get on and off (yeah, it's somewhat realistic, but it was something that should've been skipped), and with the poor control of your horse (also realistic) it makes riding combat annoying at best.
Horse riding seemed clumsy at first, but the trick is to remember that the forward key makes the horse move forward, back makes it go back, but the left and right keys make the horse turn and move at the same time.  Until I figured that out it felt like I was riding drunk.  The best way to fight is circle the opponent while swinging away and hoping they don't knock you off your high horse.  I really wished they had included trampling damage.  Also, horses here don't let you do insane things like ride off a cliff or go down an inclination that's too steep.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2007, 02:50:59 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 30, 2007, 02:17:43 AM

I saw someone else say there's no block button- stuff like that is figured out automatically with a percentage that's computed by different factors.

'automatically' meaning that you can NOT be swinging in order for the game to allow you to block, and even then, it's only a percentage chance of doing so! What's the point? You're FAR better off sidestepping their attacks and continue hammering away. Or just use a two-handed weapon.

Heck - in the demo, there's a Cyclops on top of some hill somewhere. Using only stick, whack, and dodge skills (as he'd one-shot my warriorish level 12 self without a second thought), I whittled him down over the course of like 15 minutes. It was an absolute joke of a fight, as his lumbering attacks didn't have a chance of hitting (once I learned that he'd only attack every 7 seconds or so). Really dropped my impression of the game, especially when he dropped absolutely jack squat for loot.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2007, 03:09:28 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 30, 2007, 02:50:59 AM

Heck - in the demo, there's a Cyclops on top of some hill somewhere. Using only stick, whack, and dodge skills (as he'd one-shot my warriorish level 12 self without a second thought), I whittled him down over the course of like 15 minutes. It was an absolute joke of a fight, as his lumbering attacks didn't have a chance of hitting (once I learned that he'd only attack every 7 seconds or so). Really dropped my impression of the game, especially when he dropped absolutely jack squat for loot.

This game is going to boil down 'to each their own', kinda like Gothic 3.

I haven't found a cyclops yet- most of what I've fought are groups of wolves, boars, bandits, groms and skeletons (not counting that group of Orcs that one shotted me). 

loot seems to be very randomized.  I got killed after looting a chest from which I got a nice piece of armor after getting jack from the bandits surrounding it, so I reloaded and went back only to end up getting jack from the chest but some nice loot from the same bandits.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2007, 03:39:31 AM »

OK, apparently loading a custom config file causes the lips not moving issue.  I guess I can live with the trade off.

Because I can,
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2007, 08:19:44 AM »

I played a total of about 2 hours on my rental, not counting the time demo'ing the game to Fyedaddy. Here's my thoughts on this game on the 360.

Thank god you only got a rental - I got a review copy for the 360 and just finished the game tonight. I was hoping that some of the issues I experienced on the review build I got were removed in the finalized retail version but I guess from yours and Destructors comments they weren't.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2007, 08:56:09 AM »

I understand the 360 version had some slowdown, less than perfect graphics and whatnot, but compared to running it on an older PC is it really that bad?  For some reason I want to play this game, but if possible I'd prefer to play it on my XBox when it gets back from repair. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2007, 01:40:30 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 31, 2007, 08:56:09 AM

I understand the 360 version had some slowdown, less than perfect graphics and whatnot, but compared to running it on an older PC is it really that bad?  For some reason I want to play this game, but if possible I'd prefer to play it on my XBox when it gets back from repair. 

I can see myself trying it again on the pc eventually (after my next upgrade), but I won't touch it on the 360. I'm fairly tolerant of issues in games (Fyedaddy will attest to that), and Two Worlds was truly awful on the 360.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »

BTW, crazy fact - the 360 version has FULL access to the console. In other words - think that the HDR is killing the frame rate? Turn it off. Too much grass killing performance? Turn it off.

And yes, it DOES make a difference in frame rate (pretty drastic from what I hear).

Via somewhere else:

In a single player session, press the two shoulder buttons (LB,RB) and press A. That brings up the console. Press X to enter text. Type in "engine.grassq 0" (no quotes) and enter. Bingo, no grass. You're right, it's a real performance boost. Sadly, the setting doesn't "keep" and you'll have to re-enter it for each reboot.

So...why is the grass even on if it kills the frame rate like this? And why the heck is something like this (being able to access the console) even allowed?

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »

Hey, if the 360 version allows me to fully mess with the performance vs graphics I think I would definitely go that route.  It's bound to look and run better than my crappy PC. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 31, 2007, 01:54:27 PM

So...why is the grass even on if it kills the frame rate like this? And why the heck is something like this (being able to access the console) even allowed?

It sounds like no one thought to actually try it out on the 360 for QA purposes.

Still having a blast exploring and questing.  More randomness:

I found a real oddity last night-  apparently fire doesn't damage Zombies all that much.  Apparently the devs have never been part of a proper Zombie Apocalypse.

I'm also still trying to figure out how I'm getting random skill points.  Every now and then I'll be in combat and it will say '1 Skill Point Gained' but I don't actually level up.

So far I have a Frozen Axe, a Flaming Machete and a Poisonous Pitchfork (which does more damage than either of those combine- I always knew those Bavarian torch bearing pitchfork wielding mobs were onto something).  I need to re-read the manual, because the weapon slot has 2 smaller slots underneath it but I can't figure out what they are for.  Spells have similiar slots under it for you to assign bosters to (like the spell uses less mana or casts at a higher level), so I'm thinking it might be something like that.

I was going to try to find a 2 weapons trainer, but apparently the skill is broken as your secondary weapons damage doesn't register.  Supposedly the same thing is true about critical hit.

Because I can,
Geezerone
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2007, 03:40:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 31, 2007, 02:44:59 PM

Quote from: Destructor on August 31, 2007, 01:54:27 PM

It sounds like no one thought to actually try it out on the 360 for QA purposes.

Still having a blast exploring and questing.  More randomness:

I found a real oddity last night-  apparently fire doesn't damage Zombies all that much.  Apparently the devs have never been part of a proper Zombie Apocalypse.

I'm also still trying to figure out how I'm getting random skill points.  Every now and then I'll be in combat and it will say '1 Skill Point Gained' but I don't actually level up.

So far I have a Frozen Axe, a Flaming Machete and a Poisonous Pitchfork (which does more damage than either of those combine- I always knew those Bavarian torch bearing pitchfork wielding mobs were onto something).  I need to re-read the manual, because the weapon slot has 2 smaller slots underneath it but I can't figure out what they are for.  Spells have similiar slots under it for you to assign bosters to (like the spell uses less mana or casts at a higher level), so I'm thinking it might be something like that.

I was going to try to find a 2 weapons trainer, but apparently the skill is broken as your secondary weapons damage doesn't register.  Supposedly the same thing is true about critical hit.

Those 2 smaller weapon slots are there so that you can put 2 other weapons in them and fast switch between them.  Once you do that use the R and T keys (on the PC) to cycle through them.  I put my poisoned Bow, my blunt, and my flaming spear in those slots and fast switch among them as needed.  Also, the space underneath the quiver slot (on the right side of your chest piece) holds a dagger for when you sneak.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2007, 03:53:45 PM »

Quote from: Geezerone on August 31, 2007, 03:40:39 PM

Those 2 smaller weapon slots are there so that you can put 2 other weapons in them and fast switch between them.  Once you do that use the R and T keys (on the PC) to cycle through them.  I put my poisoned Bow, my blunt, and my flaming spear in those slots and fast switch among them as needed.  Also, the space underneath the quiver slot (on the right side of your chest piece) holds a dagger for when you sneak.

thanks for the info!  I wasn't sure how to use daggers at all and I've just been going to the inventory screen to change weapons during combat.  I don't remember seeing that in the manual, but it seemed it glossed things in parts (like hotkey options disappearing when your not in the proper mode to use them or the first hotkey bar not being customizable).  I'll have to sit down with it again, probably with a mganifying glass since they decided to use such small print  icon_lol

Because I can,
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2007, 05:53:49 PM »

Interestingly, I haven't noticed any 360 slow down whatsoever.  It doesn't lag, except when you load in somewhere.

Played the game quite a bit, too.
Geezerone
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 06:56:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 31, 2007, 03:53:45 PM

thanks for the info!  I wasn't sure how to use daggers at all and I've just been going to the inventory screen to change weapons during combat.  I don't remember seeing that in the manual, but it seemed it glossed things in parts (like hotkey options disappearing when your not in the proper mode to use them or the first hotkey bar not being customizable).  I'll have to sit down with it again, probably with a mganifying glass since they decided to use such small print  icon_lol

Hell, I didn't see it in my manual either (PC version).  I just found out about them from various 2 Worlds forums.  Up until last night I was using the swap in inventory technique too (thank god the game pauses when you do that).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2007, 06:39:58 AM »

Quote from: Geezerone on August 31, 2007, 06:56:59 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 31, 2007, 03:53:45 PM

Hell, I didn't see it in my manual either (PC version).  I just found out about them from various 2 Worlds forums.  Up until last night I was using the swap in inventory technique too (thank god the game pauses when you do that).

I don't think they proofread the thing.   It says use x and c to cycle through the hotbar, yet C brings up the character screen.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »

damn, in one of those rare instances I was up all night playing- I didn't notice the time until I saw sunlight starting to creep through the window, the game had me sucked in so badly.  I finally found some trainers and learned a bunch of combat skills (including the currently broken ones- 300 gold a pop didn't phase me with all the loot I have been getting).  I also discovered that, if you stand facing your horse with the 'mount' action popping up, your horse has an inventory where you can store loot.  Again, I didn't see that anywhere in the manual so it was a happy accidental discovery.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2007, 08:37:03 PM »

So what, you just push the inventory button and it pops up his 'storage' as well? How does it work?

Inquiring minds (who only has the demo and no manual) want to know.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 01, 2007, 08:37:03 PM

So what, you just push the inventory button and it pops up his 'storage' as well? How does it work?

Inquiring minds (who only has the demo and no manual) want to know.

yeah, when you enter the inventory the horse inventory pops up where the alchemy section would normally be.  It makes me wonder if I should start checking found horses for loot....

and here I thought it actually had a decent manual, but I get length doesn't count for anything anymore.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »

and, and my most laugh out loud discovery was a shield- The Shield of the Gondor  icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2007, 03:01:43 AM »

I found myself a new pet!!!

isn't he so cute?  icon_lol

Because I can,
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2007, 03:18:27 AM »

WTF is that?  I am getting more tempted to purchase this game now, too...thanks Ceekay! finger Tongue

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2007, 04:28:25 AM »

Just make sure you don't fall backwards while on that thing  icon_wink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2007, 05:04:52 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on September 02, 2007, 03:18:27 AM

WTF is that?  I am getting more tempted to purchase this game now, too...thanks Ceekay! finger Tongue

it's some weird horse like lizard thingie that some orcs had in their camp before I slaughtered them all.  That'll teach them to set up farms on their own land!

Because I can,
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2007, 05:18:22 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 02, 2007, 05:04:52 AM

Quote from: ROTC1983 on September 02, 2007, 03:18:27 AM

it's some weird horse like lizard thingie that some orcs had in their camp before I slaughtered them all.  That'll teach them to set up farms on their own land!

You would make a politician proud Ceekay smile

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »

Now all they need to do is make a game like this, but with more tactical combat gameplay.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2007, 07:07:44 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 02, 2007, 11:13:26 AM

Now all they need to do is make a game like this, but with more tactical combat gameplay.

yeah, too bad they couldn't have made the combat like Blade of Darkness.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2007, 01:33:01 AM »

ran into my first Ogre tonight.  wow, someone fell asleep at the wheel when modelling that beast.  talk about a horrible model- I wish I had FRAPS running so I could have taken a screen shot of it.

Because I can,
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2007, 02:01:18 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 03, 2007, 01:33:01 AM

ran into my first Ogre tonight.  wow, someone fell asleep at the wheel when modelling that beast.  talk about a horrible model- I wish I had FRAPS running so I could have taken a screen shot of it.

Print screen button will save pics to your TW Saves folder.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2007, 03:29:09 AM »

Quote from: Creepy_Smell on September 03, 2007, 02:01:18 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 03, 2007, 01:33:01 AM

Print screen button will save pics to your TW Saves folder.
sweet.  yet another undocumented feature to play around with  thumbsup

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2007, 03:14:32 PM »

wow, I'm level 34ish and I'm still running into beasties that can 2 shot me to death (and some of them come in mobs).  So far I'm fairly unimpressed with the magic system- I haven't found alot of boosters and my main focus, Fire, seems to do little damage to anything I run into.  At the rate I'm going it looks like I may have a majority of the skills maxxed out by the time I'm done.  I swear those skill points reproduce when you're not looking.  I'm also kind of glad I trained up on every skill possible from the first trainer I found- he was only charging 300 gold and now everyone is asking 10,000.  I still haven't found a trainer for Necromancy or Alchemy.

I still haven't crossed over the river yet other than to whack some orcs that were blockading the only intact bridge that I found.  All the factions except 2 consider me a lving legend, and 1 of those I'm working on while the other is apparently dead.

all in all this game is still sucking away many hours of my free time (in a good way).

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »

I maxxed out my Air magic and wow, the heal spell does wonders at level 15.  I have 3 or 4 of them stacked with some boosters and it's healing 8200 points per shot with almost no mana use (it doesn't even knock my mana bar down, my mana fairly high at level 47 with mostly balanced stats).  I'm still running into creatures that can kill in one or two hits- oddly enough an Ogre seems to be more dangerous than a dragon....

I also did the re-spec option.  what it does is regress your stats/skills back, but you have no control over what goes back so it's almost simpler to keep doing it until every skill is back to zero and then re-spending everything.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2007, 04:21:58 AM »

Some more screenies (looks like I'm the only onw playing this here though):

One of the Southern Cities:

The desert:

Meet new animals!

And kill them!

A nice Vista

Time for some hostile negotiations:

My new mount.  I think I forgot to feed him!

A nice collection of rocks.....

or not!  eek

The only ship in the world so far:

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2007, 01:37:16 PM »

I think I've said it before and I'll say it again - this game looks fantastic. Too bad it didn't come out during the boring summer months when people would actually play it.

Briko
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »

Has anyone tried the multiplayer yet?  If so any good or would you like to try the multiplayer sometime?

Briko
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: