http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 05:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Worlds. anyone on board?  (Read 4350 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2007, 05:12:31 AM »

I've been watching this since I learned of the Multiplayer option. However since the Stranglehold demo I have decided on to change my august 3
Bioshock, Two Worlds, & Moto GP 07. Should I still consider getting Two Worlds? Is anyone else some what interested in this game? What are your taught about it?

I guess this will change to the Two Worlds impression once its out.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›
PS3 Spinks
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 05:43:53 AM »

I won't even think of picking this one up until reviews hit. I have WAY too many other games to play right now to even consider it.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 05:52:27 AM »

I'm getting Two Worlds, but on the PC.  Alot of people say it's kind of buggy, but the US release come with patch 1.5 which is at least 1 gig of fixes.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 06:41:21 AM »

The multiplayer sounds interesting... but I would have to have a guranteed group to play with... and since bioshock is coming out next week I don't expect to see anyone on my friend's list playing MP games til they are done with Bioshock.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 06:46:52 AM »

I believe the PC demo is due out next week.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 06:49:27 AM »

I was mildly interested in it, but I don't think I'd pick it up until well after the reviews start rolling in.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:55:28 AM »

I'm somewhat interested in this.  Since Oblivion bored me I'm hoping this might be something different enough that will catch my attention.  Plus, I'm not interested Bioshock so I will probably pick this up next week.  If I do I'll post some impressions.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »

i would like to see a demo on the 360 for it.....i loved Oblivion,but the trailers i have seen make Two worlds,look like a poor mans Oblivion

if it wasnt for other games,like Bioshock,Blue Dragon,MoH:airborne,stranglehold etc...i may of got this ....but i may wait until its cheaper

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 17, 2007, 05:52:27 AM

but the US release come with patch 1.5 which is at least 1 gig of fixes.

icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

i was interested in two worlds and considered it a day 1 purchase for quite some time.  however, when they pushed back the release a month or two ago for both 360 and PC, I started seeing some pretty frightening reviews/previews indicating that it was just too buggy and fell  way too short of what the developers initially promised.

i think i'll hold out for some reviews before i get this one now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 01:19:48 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »

I'm the same way.  I'm just not getting a good vibe off of either the multi or single player.  The trailer on XBLM shows a little combat, but it just seems to be a lot of cutscenes of some spell casting and all these warriors doing the 'loops of doom' with dual wielded weapons.  *shrug*  It is definately something I'm not mission after dropping my pre-order for D&D Tactics. smile

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 02:57:45 PM »

Sounds like I'll need to do some more research into the game over the weekend.  I mainly looked at patch info the last time I was on the official boards, so this time I'll pay attention to gameplay stuff.

Because I can,
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 03:22:04 PM »

My hesitation centers around game support post-release.  In single player, you can only play as a Human.  No problems there, single player games have needed to have restrictions like that before.  In multiplayer, they have said several times that there were going to be multiple races to choose from...but then as of game launch, you can only play Human and Elven races.  There have been some vague promises of other races later...but nothing specific.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 04:03:25 PM »

Here's a list of some of the stuff that they are fixing for the US release.  Thank god for all those European beta testers  icon_wink  With all this patching (and possibly more to come) I cannot see getting this game on the 360 and using up alot of HD space if they do more mega patches.  Apparently there is also level scaling, but they say it's not as bad as it was in Oblivion.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 04:44:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 17, 2007, 04:03:25 PM

Here's a list of some of the stuff that they are fixing for the US release.  Thank god for all those European beta testers  icon_wink 

And hasn't the game been out for like months in Europe? Definitely not a good thing if they've had this many changes to the game, IMHO.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 17, 2007, 04:44:22 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 17, 2007, 04:03:25 PM

Here's a list of some of the stuff that they are fixing for the US release.  Thank god for all those European beta testers  icon_wink 

And hasn't the game been out for like months in Europe? Definitely not a good thing if they've had this many changes to the game, IMHO.

it sounds like Gothic 3 all over again, but unlike Gothic 3 it's getting way better post release support.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 05:18:46 PM »

will the 360 version come with the patches applied?  or would you basically be buying a broken game?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 06:31:14 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 17, 2007, 05:18:46 PM

will the 360 version come with the patches applied?  or would you basically be buying a broken game?

Honestly, I'd be floored if it didn't come with the patches. I know that the PC version will have them all applied (as stated above).

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 07:16:54 PM »

im renting it for sure.  i was actually really curious why it was getting next to no buzz and hadnt thought anyone else had even heard of it.  it looks like fable, im hoping it plays like a looser fable but tighter oblivion (i LOVE oblivion but like i said, this games a rental so i want to be able to dent it)

i think it looks pretty and im hoping they are true to the whole "choices alter the world" line on more than a superficial level

PS - you wont see me on multi, i really dont care smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 12:50:01 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 17, 2007, 06:31:14 PM

Quote from: hepcat on August 17, 2007, 05:18:46 PM

Honestly, I'd be floored if it didn't come with the patches. I know that the PC version will have them all applied (as stated above).

I believe the 360 version will have the patch from what I've read.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 12:53:24 AM »

Quote from: Doopri on August 17, 2007, 07:16:54 PM

PS - you wont see me on multi, i really dont care smile

yeah, I have zero interest in that portion myself, but I may give it a spin just to see if there are any surprises.

Because I can,
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 04:53:26 PM »

Yeah, I'm on the review fence.  We'll see. Definitely not ruling it out though.
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 09:32:46 PM »

I'm on board. Gonna dive in on day 1 on this one (well..., whenever my order ships). I don't do that often anymore but I'm going to live dangerously this time. I may live to regret it, but it wouldn't be the first time (and there's always the Trading Forum & Ebay).

I've just about finished Oblivion and I need a deep RPG for my 360.

Now if the only the RROD doesn't get me... paranoid

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »

Quote from: phormio on August 18, 2007, 09:32:46 PM

You know you just cursed yourself by saying that, right? And with Mass Effect right around the corner, too...  crybaby

Do let us know how it is though. We're all ears here.

phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 08:53:14 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 18, 2007, 10:21:23 PM

Quote from: phormio on August 18, 2007, 09:32:46 PM

You know you just cursed yourself by saying that, right? And with Mass Effect right around the corner, too...  crybaby

Do let us know how it is though. We're all ears here.

Yeah, I probably have cursed myself. But if it's got to happen I want it to be over with by the time Mass Effect comes out. I'm willing to possibly sacrifice the Two Worlds experience..., but not ME. If that makes sense. saywhat Pre-emptive Forced Hardware Failure icon_wink

I just read an article in OXM stating that Microsoft is admitting to a failure rate as high as 5% (which is still over a quarter million units), so I'm just playing the odds.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 09:13:39 PM »

Quote from: phormio on August 19, 2007, 08:53:14 PM

Yeah, I probably have cursed myself. But if it's got to happen I want it to be over with by the time Mass Effect comes out. I'm willing to possibly sacrifice the Two Worlds experience..., but not ME. If that makes sense. saywhat Pre-emptive Forced Hardware Failure icon_wink

I just read an article in OXM stating that Microsoft is admitting to a failure rate as high as 5% (which is still over a quarter million units), so I'm just playing the odds.

dude, you're making it worse.  now, not only is it guaranteed to happen, but it will happen just as you are starting Mass Effect.  Quick, run out and sacrifice a PS3 to the gaming gods!

Because I can,
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 01:12:44 AM »

With all the talk of needed fixes for this game ( Two Worlds) It seem like its in my best interest to GF this title.
There are to many great games coming out for me to be dealing with imperfection right now for full price.

PS3 Spinks
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »

I'm now definitely picking this up on Thursday.  I've been reading around the net and the info I'm coming across is making this game sound good.  I'm hoping at least.  I know I'm just going on previews and what others are saying about the PC version, but it's starting to look more and more interesting.  And it's a game that only allows you to play a male character so nobody here can accuse me of "The Bullet Witch Syndrome".  icon_wink

XM Channel 76
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 03:38:24 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on August 20, 2007, 03:27:50 PM

I'm now definitely picking this up on Thursday.  I've been reading around the net and the info I'm coming across is making this game sound good.  I'm hoping at least.  I know I'm just going on previews and what others are saying about the PC version, but it's starting to look more and more interesting.  And it's a game that only allows you to play a male character so nobody here can accuse me of "The Bullet Witch Syndrome".  icon_wink

I bet you name your character Kelly  Tongue

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »

I think it's more of an "underdog syndrome" than a thing for sexy chicks.  Turning away from Bioshock and to Two Worlds sealed the deal for me on that thought.

Not questioning your opinion, though, Shifty.  Just trying to figure it out.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 20, 2007, 03:49:16 PM

I think it's more of an "underdog syndrome" than a thing for sexy chicks.  Turning away from Bioshock and to Two Worlds sealed the deal for me on that thought.

Not questioning your opinion, though, Shifty.  Just trying to figure it out.

It's not really an underdog syndrome.  If it was then I would be passing up on Mass Effect & Halo 3, which of course I am not.  It's more of what setting/theme/story catches my attention.  I'm not really turning away from Bioshock.  I'm just not picking it up this week.  I will eventually get it and play it and probably enjoy it.  Even way back when the first previews and screen shots for Bioshock came out I was not intrigued.  Does this make any sense? 

As for Two Worlds, it just looks like it will offer a lot.  I love the look of the creatures and the setting.  I'm also hoping that it will be fun compared to Oblivion, which I did not ever really get into even though I live for those types of games.  As I said earlier, I will post impressions as soon as I can delve into the game.

XM Channel 76
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 09:07:10 PM »

This game sounds great on paper and I'm looking forward to playing, but the mediocre reviews have me renting it on the 360 first. I'll decide from there whether or not to send it back unhappy or to have to decide which platform to buy it for. I hope it's at least a solid title. Anything more than that would be a bonus.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 09:16:44 PM »

I was at first intrigued by trailers, but the graphics weren't very impressive and I only have so much time to put toward massive RPGs.  I still haven't finished Oblivion (although I got back into it recently and was having a blast, up until my 360 shit the bed), and Mass Effect is on the horizon, so potentially mediocre RPGs are completely off my radar.

Lost Odyssey, on the other hand, looks like a must-have to me.  Two Worlds, however, does not.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 09:24:31 PM »

I tried to get back into Oblivion also. After the five min to load on two tries I called it quits.

PS3 Spinks
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »

My other problem is if Two Worlds is at all similar to Oblivion, I've already put in over 100 hours with Oblivion, and I don't really need to do the same with yet another RPG set in a fantasy world of swords, armor, mages, and horses.  Plus, I need a little variety.  If I get too many of a particular genre and they're too similar then one usually gets neglected.  I'd hate to drop $60 on a game knowing that it'll take a back seat to a similar game I already own. 

EDIT:  I just read this on a PC review site and it sealed the deal on my plans to avoid this game:

Far from the oft abused adjective that is ‘visceral’, combat in Two Worlds is a fairly bland affair. The developers have chosen to go with a system in which much of the dodging and precision of your sword swings are handled behind the scenes. Strength, dexterity, other key attributes and supplementary skills that assist in dodging and hitting all coming together in the background to determine the outcome of each second of battle.

The combat sounds too much like KOTOR, and knowing that I got terribly bored with KOTOR's gameplay and combat, within moments I would be tired of this type of combat in Two Worlds.  Even though Oblivion was full of "slash, dodge, repeat" combat, I felt like I could control the outcome based on my use of spells, healing potions, weapons, etc.  I don't enjoy when the outcome of my attacks is determined by some sort of behind-the-scenes calculation. 

I can at least now pass on this game with confidence. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:58:52 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 12:59:19 AM »

Quote from: juniordan on August 20, 2007, 09:24:31 PM

I tried to get back into Oblivion also. After the five min to load on two tries I called it quits.

I finally got sucked back into the PC version earlier, and load times there are almost non-existent.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 02:38:34 PM »

icon_evil Gamestop now has it shipping on the 23rd.  Last I checked it was the 21st.  I was looking forward to some time to explore the game tonight.  Oh well, I still have Oblivion, and if that sucks me back in I may end up cancelling my pre-order and getting the game when I'm done.

Because I can,
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 06:59:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 21, 2007, 02:38:34 PM

icon_evil Gamestop now has it shipping on the 23rd.

Good, gooood. This will give time to finish the Dark Brotherhood quests (only thing I have left in Oblivion), although I ordered my 2W from Buy.com.

Their website is still saying 08/22. Anyone know of a definite release date?

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »

Best Buy is still showing the 22nd for shipping.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 08:12:23 PM »

The PC demo is available now - I'm at 82%.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2007, 10:46:03 PM »

have no idea what this is about but I am going to dl the demo!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: