http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 08:11:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Worlds 2 - Now With More Pirates! Castle Defense Coming  (Read 14419 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2011, 05:39:53 PM »

after reading the article I tried doing some different things in combat, but it's too bad they didn't put in a proper combat tutorial as I cannot figure out the attack timing at all.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2011, 09:35:58 PM »

So I have been trying to play a mage, am up to level 14 but am just getting my ass kicked.  My spells do minuscule damage and it usually takes me kiting everything except for the easy Savannah wildlife.  I am at a point right now where it seems like every quest is outside of my level range.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2011, 01:20:19 AM »

Anyone have a reference or site with a guide to Village mode. I started up my village over the weekend and while I've got the basics down I could use a guide on efficient building i.e. do I need multiple farms and granaries? In regards to Guardhouses is it better to upgrade or build new etc. etc.

I have not really touched the SP portion yet but in MP Mages are the epitome of glass cannons. You can create spells that do 1,000's of points of damage but if you miss that wolf and he gets within melee range you are in trouble. Fighting multiple mobs as a mage is extermely tricky as well as the better the spell your trying to cast the longer the casting time and each hit you take breaks your cast. Early level mages are heavily depenant on getting pets out to help keep creatures off you. Eventually you can build spells that add physical resistance and such.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Air and Necormancy schools have healing spells. Necro also gets lifetaps.

Anyone else playing a mage in MP that has found odd occurences with spells simply failing to effect creatures? For instance my buddy has a damaging air spell that about every dozen or so fights just stops working for awhile then "poof" all of a sudden it's fine again. Similiar issue with some of my Necro spells. I know creatures get resistances but I'm not talking about a lessened effect I'm talking about ZERO. The only explanation I can come up with is creatures also get some sort of saving throw against magic on top of any resistances and if they make the save they are exempt from the spells effects.
stryker
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »

archon, some things that helped me early on as a mage
Spoiler for Hiden:
find and wear whatever willpower + % stuff you can.
put some points in summon.  Ice effect works well since the spiders are large and can block the bad guys from you, especially indoors.
create a missile area of effect damage over time with multiple effect (i like fire) cards.
have an invisibility spell... if all else fails you can
1) while invisible
2) cast area of effect damage missile at target
3) recast invisible asap so hopefully once they get to you they can't see you and will return and cook
if you can get really far away and cast at a stationary target they will not even move, just sit and cook.

there are much better methods but this is a relatively mana cheap early in the game mage strategy.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2011, 03:15:59 PM »

I looked up some of the spell stuff that is possible on youtube and there's some crazy stuff you can do.  I'm not sure what spell combinations were used here by holy cow.

Because I can,
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 15, 2011, 03:15:59 PM

I looked up some of the spell stuff that is possible on youtube and there's some crazy stuff you can do.  I'm not sure what spell combinations were used here by holy cow.

Those are actually pretty simple spells.  Not even multi part.  1st one is just causing a rain of physical objects in AOE and the 2nd is an air AoE with time and protection but no damage mod which causes a tornado shield..

It's fun but not really that useful.

More useful is making falling objects on an enchant because then they get focused on the target and it takes mad damage as long as it isn't moving quick (objects would land behind it then).

Try dropping anvils or rocks via an enchant carrier on a bad mob.

The key ways to change the complete spell is to use or not use the damage, time and protection modifiers on the left.  Those change the hell out of what any given effect card does.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »

Quote from: stryker on February 15, 2011, 01:37:17 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
put some points in summon.  Ice effect works well since the spiders are large and can block the bad guys from you, especially indoors.
create a missile area of effect damage over time with multiple effect (i like fire) cards.
1) while invisible
3) recast invisible asap so hopefully once they get to you they can't see you and will return and cook
if you can get really far away and cast at a stationary target they will not even move, just sit and cook.

there are much better methods but this is a relatively mana cheap early in the game mage strategy.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Try water cards for summons.  Scapulari are really good and have bows as well as melee which is nice.  Death Knights are good too.   I get tired of giant spiders blocking the way sometimes.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2011, 03:49:20 PM »

sigh....damn you all.  i've been avoiding full price games (with the exception of DCUO and Divine Divinity 2: DK) for a while, but this morning I broke down and purchased TW2.  If it sucks, I'm coming for all of you!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »

I'm curious to whether they've fixed the balance issues that were in the first game. In the original if you went with maxed out archery it was about the equivalent of wandering through the game with a photon torpedo launcher. Made the ending rather anticlimactic as I was able to two-shot the big boss at the end.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »

just out of curiosity, has anyone finished the single player campaign yet? with all the sidequests that keep popping up it feels like this is going to last forever  icon_lol

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2011, 06:00:57 PM »

My game is stalled, in that loading takes longer and longer each time, and every time I teleport the game now freezes, so...I'm not playing it anymore after around 20 hours.

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2011, 06:17:14 PM »

is that a known bug/issue? 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2011, 06:21:16 PM »

I've no idea - could be just unlucky. Havent fiddled much with it either - went back to Divine Divinity 2 a bit instead of getting annoyed :-)

A new one
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on February 15, 2011, 03:35:33 PM

Quote from: stryker on February 15, 2011, 01:37:17 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
1) while invisible

Spoiler for Hiden:
Try water cards for summons.  Scapulari are really good and have bows as well as melee which is nice.  Death Knights are good too.   I get tired of giant spiders blocking the way sometimes.

My biggest issue so far is affording skill books and spell cards.  I don't know earth mastery, necromancy or summoning yet.  Does willpower actually impact damage done or just mana/regen?  I never run out of mana, I can cast indefinitely, I just do squat for damage.  I will try to remember to post my spec when I get home tonight, the one thing I remember is I have I think 9 in water mastery and 9 in the mana regen skill.
Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on February 15, 2011, 06:59:54 PM

My biggest issue so far is affording skill books and spell cards.  I don't know earth mastery, necromancy or summoning yet.  Does willpower actually impact damage done or just mana/regen?  I never run out of mana, I can cast indefinitely, I just do squat for damage.  I will try to remember to post my spec when I get home tonight, the one thing I remember is I have I think 9 in water mastery and 9 in the mana regen skill.

I started a couple of days ago as a pure mage and I am right about where you are difficulty wise.  I am level 14 now and things have been going a lot better for me once I could afford to stack element cards.  I have 6 fire and 6 air stacked in a direct damage and AoE spell.  Once I get access to wisdom I see my damage going way up.  Before I stopped last night I got access to summons so I will try that out today and see how that works.  Willpower does seem to impact damage  and I try to do a 3 to 1 with endurance each level.  I have mana regen and fast tongue maxed out now and that helps get off the AoE spell while I hold down block.  Even things that were too tough for me to consider like Mage Slayers eventually go down with that technique.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 15, 2011, 05:50:54 PM

just out of curiosity, has anyone finished the single player campaign yet? with all the sidequests that keep popping up it feels like this is going to last forever  icon_lol

Heh, no kidding.  I'm still actually on Chapter 1 because I keep getting other side quests that distract me from the main path.  I saw even Mytocles is in chapter 2 on the 360, so I must be going reeeaaaallllly slow.  slywink

Sandwiches do fix everything.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »

Initial impressions after 90 minutes of play:

My character seems...light.  Like he's floating everywhere.  Maybe that will change after I get out of the prologue...which seems even longer than the Oblivion prologue/tutorial. 

Speaking of the prologue, there was a section where I was SUPPOSED to find a spell card and it wasn't there.  I know this because I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to even make a dent in the big bad facing me so I checked out a walkthrough.  I reloaded to an earlier save and there the items were, though. 

It's more like Gothic than Divinity 2, imho.  of course, this is only after 90 minutes of play.  that's also a plus in my book.  Not because I dislike Divinity 2 (I don't, I like it a great deal), but because friggin' love the Gothic series (well, at least 1 and 2).

Equipping stuff is just non-intuitive.  I haven't looked at a manual but for something as simple as equipping and drawing a sword it shouldn't be this damn tough.  I double click on the dagger I want to use, press F and the bow appears in my hand still.  I need to do some reading I guess, but man that's annoying.

Overall I'm enjoying it, but the real test begins tonight when I get into the meat of the game.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2011, 04:24:36 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 16, 2011, 04:10:24 PM

Equipping stuff is just non-intuitive.  I haven't looked at a manual but for something as simple as equipping and drawing a sword it shouldn't be this damn tough.  I double click on the dagger I want to use, press F and the bow appears in my hand still.  I need to do some reading I guess, but man that's annoying.

you can only use daggers when sneaking, they're not used as main weapons in the game.  One other thing I found while digging through the menus is that (in the interface section I believe) you can set the invenotry to use smaller icons for items and also set the game to show text for the various icons that appear in your inventory.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2011, 04:51:29 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 16, 2011, 04:24:36 PM

Quote from: hepcat on February 16, 2011, 04:10:24 PM

you can only use daggers when sneaking, they're not used as main weapons in the game.  One other thing I found while digging through the menus is that (in the interface section I believe) you can set the invenotry to use smaller icons for items and also set the game to show text for the various icons that appear in your inventory.

excellent, thanks!

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2011, 02:04:37 AM »

gah...is there ANY way to clear the left behind quest from the prologue out of my quest log?  apparently i'm not the only one with this issue as it seems to be a bug for some.  i'm in chapter 1 and it's still sitting there, highlighted in purple.

as for the game, i still feel like i'm fighting the UI.  it's just clunky.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 17, 2011, 05:10:50 AM »

OK, talking to the Scavengers makes me- zzzzzzzzzz..........

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »

Sordahon's Journey continues.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2011, 03:52:09 AM »

OMG... I finished up all the sidequests in my journal.....  now what am I supposed to do? icon_lol

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2011, 03:53:50 AM »

well Ive been on the fence on this one.  I was actually one of the few it seems that like Two Worlds in spite of its bumps and bruises.  I finally grabbed it from D2D using the presidents day discount.  I fired up the download and went to do other things.  After an hour I came back and found out that it was downloading at 30 kbs and had managed a whopping 2%.  I also discovered that for some reason it defaulted to the old D2D downloader instead of the Comrade one.  I switched and now its going just fine.  Lesson learned, always make sure which downloader is running before I leave the room  sigh

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 21, 2011, 04:29:02 AM »

something must be up with D2D/Fileplanet, because I tried downloading something earlier and got horrible download speeds too.  didn't try Comrade though.

[edit] just went to download Komrade and got about 40 kbs, canceled it and then tried Steam and Filefront with no issues.  definitely something on their end.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:35:35 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 21, 2011, 10:12:40 AM »

dang, compared to chapters 1 & 2 chapter 3 is over in the blink of an eye.  I'm up to chapter 4 now, and back to monsters being somewhat of an challenge.  I imagine chapter 4 has a lot to do since there's a good portion of the map I haven't been to yet.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2011, 01:02:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

dang, compared to chapters 1 & 2 chapter 3 is over in the blink of an eye.  I'm up to chapter 4 now, and back to monsters being somewhat of an challenge.  I imagine chapter 4 has a lot to do since there's a good portion of the map I haven't been to yet.

Myto sent me an email yesterday saying the exact same thing that Ch3 was really short and Ch4 is set in a big part of the map

i just posted this in the console TW thread

Next Two Worlds game set for 2012

TopWare has surprised us all by announcing the next Two Worlds game - presumably Two Worlds III - despite the second instalment still days from its Friday UK release.

"We are trying to do a better job every time and have brought in a brand new 3D modelling, animation and CG team for the next Two Worlds game coming out in 2012," TopWare managing director James Seaman wrote on Destructoid.

Eurogamer contacted Seaman who said an official date and title announcement was "about three months" away. It's true, then.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 21, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »

Does anyone know if I buy this on D2D can I just enter the key on Steam and download from there?
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2011, 01:55:07 PM »

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on February 21, 2011, 01:29:12 PM

Does anyone know if I buy this on D2D can I just enter the key on Steam and download from there?

I bought mine on GamersGate and that's how it worked for me. They gave me the key. I entered it on Steam. Then, Steam downloaded it. So, I'm pretty confident that would be the way D2D would do it, too.

Now that I think about it, I bought Civ V from D2D and I entered the keys on Steam, so I'm sure that's how it works.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »

Oh yeah,  really unintuitive UI here.  Theres an early quest where you need to shoot 2 arrows at 2 seperate foes.  It tells you to use the F2 button to fire multiple arrows but when you hit the F2 it pulls up the inventory menu.  Im sure Im just missing something like I need to hold the mouse button while hitting F2 but still they could have made this a lot smoother.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 21, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on February 21, 2011, 01:55:07 PM

I bought mine on GamersGate and that's how it worked for me. They gave me the key. I entered it on Steam. Then, Steam downloaded it. So, I'm pretty confident that would be the way D2D would do it, too.

Now that I think about it, I bought Civ V from D2D and I entered the keys on Steam, so I'm sure that's how it works.

Civ V uses Steamworks, so no matter where you buy it from it needs to be registered with Steam.  I didn't realize TW2 did that though, not every game will let you do that.  thanks for the heads up!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 21, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on February 21, 2011, 03:16:01 PM

Oh yeah,  really unintuitive UI here.  Theres an early quest where you need to shoot 2 arrows at 2 seperate foes.  It tells you to use the F2 button to fire multiple arrows but when you hit the F2 it pulls up the inventory menu.  Im sure Im just missing something like I need to hold the mouse button while hitting F2 but still they could have made this a lot smoother.

I told me to hit the 2 key, which is one of your combat hotkeys.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 21, 2011, 03:37:28 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 21, 2011, 01:02:25 PM

i just posted this in the console TW thread

Next Two Worlds game set for 2012

TopWare has surprised us all by announcing the next Two Worlds game - presumably Two Worlds III - despite the second instalment still days from its Friday UK release.

"We are trying to do a better job every time and have brought in a brand new 3D modelling, animation and CG team for the next Two Worlds game coming out in 2012," TopWare managing director James Seaman wrote on Destructoid.

Eurogamer contacted Seaman who said an official date and title announcement was "about three months" away. It's true, then.

you mean they aren't going the 'we are making an expansion pack' then a year later 'we're making a full game instead' and then ship it two years late this time around? icon_lol

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2011, 03:50:05 PM »

lol yep it was the 2 button  not f2.  still very unintuitive ...  hold the lft mouse hit 2 mark with the rt mouse release lft mouse.  That could have been done with one button and a mouse click

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »

Just started the game as a Mage and  I am having all sort of issues on the first island.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I brought the hidden dungeon map and it's infested with Necrids.  My fire missile spell seems to do little or no damage them, but I was racking up the kills in the prologe against the Groms.  I only have the cards I started out with so I guessing I am missing some of the modifiers

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2011, 04:06:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2011, 03:16:29 PM

Quote from: Qantaga on February 21, 2011, 01:55:07 PM

Civ V uses Steamworks, so no matter where you buy it from it needs to be registered with Steam.  I didn't realize TW2 did that though, not every game will let you do that.  thanks for the heads up!

I don't believe that's the case from what I've seen. I bought the download version direct from the publisher before it was release here and it's not tied to Steam at all. There's also no mention of a "3rd Party download required" on the D2D site for TW2 like I'm pretty sure there would be for a Steamworks game (see Homefront for example). So it seems to me it will depend on where you buy it from.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 21, 2011, 04:06:50 PM »

If you are having trouble with some areas / monsters, go do something else for a while, and then come back.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 21, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on February 21, 2011, 04:03:49 PM

Just started the game as a Mage and  I am having all sort of issues on the first island.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I brought the hidden dungeon map and it's infested with Necrids.  My fire missile spell seems to do little or no damage them, but I was racking up the kills in the prologe against the Groms.  I only have the cards I started out with so I guessing I am missing some of the modifiers

are you talking about when the orc mage teleports you into a cave?  IIRC that was the magic tutorial, are you following the onscreen instructions?  I don't remember the Necrids being hard if you used the spell the way the game was telling you to.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 21, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2011, 04:17:05 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

are you talking about when the orc mage teleports you into a cave?  IIRC that was the magic tutorial, are you following the onscreen instructions?  I don't remember the Necrids being hard if you used the spell the way the game was telling you to.
No I'm talking in Bayden.  There is someone there that has a map for sale for a dungeon that is nearby...

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 21, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on February 21, 2011, 04:24:06 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2011, 04:17:05 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

No I'm talking in Bayden.  There is someone there that has a map for sale for a dungeon that is nearby...

That was super tough for me until I came back at lvl 18.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: