http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 08:43:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Worlds 2 - Now With More Pirates! Castle Defense Coming  (Read 14225 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »

Anyone else finding shields a good source of revenue?  It seems all the ones I'm finding net me 2 to 3 times more than most weapons or armor.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »

What on earth are you guys using money on? I have 80.000 now, and nothing to use it on

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 08, 2011, 08:15:14 PM

What on earth are you guys using money on? I have 80.000 now, and nothing to use it on
I'm saving for a nice house on the savannah, maybe I can court Alima....

One thing I miss from the first game is that the ghosts of some of the enemies you killed would appear at night and attack you if you visited their old stomping grounds.

Oh, and the cheetah running away to pounce on you later would be much more effective if the kitty didn't show up on the minimap.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 08, 2011, 08:15:14 PM

That would be a mark against the game in my book if the economy was broken like that.  One of the reasons I loved the Gothic series so much was that cash was hard to come by and it took quite a bit of work to get enough of it to buy anything decent.  If TW2 is just throwing money at you left and right without any real need for it, that sucks some of the fun out of it.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »

Divinity 2 was the same, I have an overabundance of gold in that game and I don't even bother selling stuff anymore, I just send it back to the tower.

But yeah, money is kinda useless in TW2 so far. I imagine if you're playing a Mage in comes in handy though.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »

TW2 doesn't throw that much money at you, especially if you are doing a lot of crafting.  You do get a ton of loot, but I dismantle probably 90% of it into crafting upgrade ingredients so I don't have that much extra money.  But yeah, if you want to sell everything you're probably likely to have lots of money.

One thing I have noticed is that the more you sell of anything to a vendor the lower their price goes.  I had several stacks of herbs and things that were at a good price, maybe 50 Auras each, so I started selling them and they were very quickly down to only 10 Auras per item.  You can visit different vendors and they each have different prices based on...whatever.

So far I have used my money to buy gems so I can fuse them with ones I'm already carrying.  Some vendors also have skill books that are really expensive, or if you are doing magic they sell cards and stuff for that.  I also bought a good sword and axe that were both better than anything I had been finding.  

Sandwiches do fix everything.
earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2011, 09:01:58 PM »

Holstering your weapon really helps with regenerating HP when running out of potions particularly in the early going.

Gamertag earicci on PS3 and Xbox 360
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »

Quote from: earicci on February 08, 2011, 09:01:58 PM

Holstering your weapon really helps with regenerating HP when running out of potions particularly in the early going.

Yeah, health regeneration was one of the early skills I put my points into, though I haven't much lately.  I have hardly used potions at all, except for a few cases where I was stuck in a cave fighting things that drained my health way too fast.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2011, 09:37:47 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 08, 2011, 08:42:20 PM

TW2 doesn't throw that much money at you, especially if you are doing a lot of crafting.  You do get a ton of loot, but I dismantle probably 90% of it into crafting upgrade ingredients so I don't have that much extra money.  But yeah, if you want to sell everything you're probably likely to have lots of money.

One thing I have noticed is that the more you sell of anything to a vendor the lower their price goes.  I had several stacks of herbs and things that were at a good price, maybe 50 Auras each, so I started selling them and they were very quickly down to only 10 Auras per item.  You can visit different vendors and they each have different prices based on...whatever.

So far I have used my money to buy gems so I can fuse them with ones I'm already carrying.  Some vendors also have skill books that are really expensive, or if you are doing magic they sell cards and stuff for that.  I also bought a good sword and axe that were both better than anything I had been finding.  

ah, well - I havent bought anything, and use all my loot for crafting - thats probably the difference. There's a few places in the game that will give you a LOT of money though, which is kinda nice, but it feels silly to have 80.000..eh..gold?

A new one
stryker
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:10 AM »

as far as money goes, i found something very expensive (i'm level 23 I think)
Spoiler for Hiden:
I got an offer to buy a house for 50,000 auras
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2011, 03:59:35 AM »

There is a mod that will turn off the enemy red dots which I may try and install soon.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2011, 04:13:22 AM »

Quote from: stryker on February 09, 2011, 02:21:10 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

there's also a rather expensive business venture you can take part in.  it hasn't returned on the value so far but i'm hoping it pays out in the long run.  as for money, at level 25 i am never that rich at one time.  always looking at upgrading my base weapons with a better one and getting anything with useful gems.  still haven't passed the first chapter but i am close though.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2011, 04:40:02 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 08, 2011, 09:18:48 PM

Quote from: earicci on February 08, 2011, 09:01:58 PM

Yeah, health regeneration was one of the early skills I put my points into, though I haven't much lately.  I have hardly used potions at all, except for a few cases where I was stuck in a cave fighting things that drained my health way too fast.

I got resilience up to 9 right now, and got a +1 to it from a crystal, so I'm getting back 90 HP per second.  10 seconds of running around gets me most of my health back, it's definitely a strong skill.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2011, 06:55:30 AM »

Quote from: Caine on February 09, 2011, 04:13:22 AM

Quote from: stryker on February 09, 2011, 02:21:10 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

there's also a rather expensive business venture you can take part in.  it hasn't returned on the value so far but i'm hoping it pays out in the long run.  as for money, at level 25 i am never that rich at one time.  always looking at upgrading my base weapons with a better one and getting anything with useful gems.  still haven't passed the first chapter but i am close though.

I think I took that business venture to the end of it's road and while I did profit from it the dividends weren't great.  Unless another one comes up later.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2011, 07:00:42 AM »

Really? About that business venture

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think I made around 50.000 on it, payin out around 25.000

A new one
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2011, 07:04:53 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 09, 2011, 07:00:42 AM

Really? About that business venture

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think I made around 50.000 on it, payin out around 25.000

Well, for the final part of the venture

Spoiler for Hiden:
I paid 20,000 and got back 30,000.  There were a couple smaller amounts before that, one where I paid 5000 and got back something over 7000 and another for less, but all told I think it was less than 15,000 profit.  This was for the workshop for the guy outside Cherezan or whatever that town is called.  The items he gave me were also worthless so I just dismantled them right away.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2011, 07:18:32 AM »

That does sound about right, actually - I guess I misremembered... I have no idea though, where I got my money from then :-D

A new one
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2011, 03:41:56 PM »

I know in multiplayer i've heard some folks have tons and tons of money, but i never have much.

I've spent over 500,000 on village.  And probably another 500,000 on gear. mage cards, crystals, etc.  I'm still broke.  And i still need tons of gold to finish even one character's gear upgrades and crystals.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2011, 03:47:09 PM »

OK, last night I ran into a Ghostbusters and Transformers refernce in rapid succession; it felt like one of the game writers should have shown up on screen and winked at me when it happened it felt so out of place.

still, I was up late doing 'just one more side quest'.  I also robbed a widow, but any guilt I might have felt was assuaged by finding two crystals that allowed me to carry 40 more pounds each in her house.

Because I can,
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2011, 10:03:59 PM »

saywhat

Patch is out!

1.1 to 1.2 upgrade is out, go to settings and check for updates within game will close the game and start the patch download through default browser.

edit: and now there's a patch notes up: http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=38567

Description: 1.2 patch fixes:
----------------------
- Mana Shield potion duration was reduced to match the spell's duration,
- Torch display name bug has been fixed,
- Torch graphic bug when using two weapons has been fixed,
- Several terrain issues were fixed,
- DX10 lights have been improved,
- Hero animations are now preloaded on PC for better performance,
- Quest Log filtering has been added (hides solved and failed quests),
- A bug with David's quest in Ashos has been fixed,
- Summons' level has been capped to hero level (both SP and MP),
- Camera work after performing Finish Off has been improved,
- Environment sound issues have been fixed,
- Velroy's Key now properly opens gate in "What's behind that door?",
- Shopkeeprs won't talk too much anymore,
- The problem with being stuck in Vahkmaar Castle after finishing the main plot has been fixed,
- Several questlog issues have been fixed,
- Village shops now properly generate items,
- "The Lion" membership card bug has been fixed,
- Fixed displaying negative Aura values in "drop Auras to chest" menu,
- Removed possibility of cloning items in village chest,
- Removed possibility of cloning or loosing items in town trading,
- Fixed animation of Counter Strike when using shield,
- Fixed strength of "Super Jump" spell for lower levels,
- Added the possibility to make multiple alchemy potions at the same time,

This totally fixed my biggest gripes and bugs and issues if it's really fixed as per the patch notes...

Village shops, screaming non stop vendors ....those were my biggest...with some of the others being more minor but still great to have fixed annoyances.  I'm patch happy today!

edit edit: oh shit, i forgot, i was so depressed with the malfunctioning vendors i deleted my crystal mine and mage workshop this morning:(  Fuck, now all the gold i got from 2 run throughs of sarcophogas goes to refixing up my town!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:11:53 PM by Fuzzballx » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2011, 11:09:52 PM »

now to see if the patch broke anything.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2011, 05:35:35 AM »

patched up, everything seems to be fine.  fired up MP to check out the setup and saw very few people on any of the servers, almost all of the ones listed were 0 population but it's a week night and a lot opf people may not have gotten the patch yet.  I'll probably give MP a go this weekend.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »

Quest Log filtering has been added (hides solved and failed quests),

this rocks BTW.  the log is so much better with it.

Because I can,
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »

lots of people complain about the low population (0 on most) "servers".

Total misunderstanding imho.

They're channels.  with a limit of 50 per channel, but folks in games don't count towards the "channel" limit.

I've seen like 100+ games running with 200 people in them + 47 in a channel.

Still, most of the online crowd is definitely EU based still on pc.

And of course, i don't know about xbox 360 online numbers either.

Basically, there's quite a few online for the pc version.  This isn't a blizzard game, it just doesn't have that recognition level.  It may grow with time as people finish single or not...who knows.

But they overflowed the "channel" list in the 1st game too so it always looked extra empty.  I think they just error, for once, on the side of way too much capacity, as a company.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on February 10, 2011, 02:52:58 PM

lots of people complain about the low population (0 on most) "servers".

Total misunderstanding imho.

They're channels.  with a limit of 50 per channel, but folks in games don't count towards the "channel" limit.

I've seen like 100+ games running with 200 people in them + 47 in a channel.

Still, most of the online crowd is definitely EU based still on pc.

This doesn't even make sense to me.  Are you saying they show people sitting around in the "channel" that haven't actually joined a game?  Why show how many people are not playing when what players really want to know how many people are in a server? 

I haven't messed with the multi-player at all yet.  I am still waiting until I finish the single player (or at least feel like I'm no longer making progress), so hopefully somebody is still online when I decide to try it out.

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »

The x of 50 is just how many are in the channel (chat room / lobby)  also listed when you single click on the channel is number players in games from that channel and number of games running from within that channel.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2011, 05:36:03 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on February 10, 2011, 05:31:16 PM

The x of 50 is just how many are in the channel (chat room / lobby)  also listed when you single click on the channel is number players in games from that channel and number of games running from within that channel.

Yeah, I guess that seems like a terrible way to do things if you ask me, and obviously it is less than intuitive to the other PC gamers in this thread.  If you are looking to join a multiplayer game, you want to know at a glance how many people are in the world you are joining.  You shouldn't have to click on all of the channels to compare stats.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »

Yeah, terrible browser. If Fuzzball hadn't said anything I wouldn't have looked further.

Because I can,
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »

Wah.

I don't know of a better browser. Talk about sucky game browsers? Try Diablo 2....sucks BALLS, but didn't stop anyone.

I don't see any issues with this one...i mean they could cut it down to 10 lobbies based on current loads and it'd make it easier to see everything yea, but i don't see that's a bad system at all.

You see instantly how many folks are in each lobby ready to start games with or trade or ... just standing around afk
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2011, 03:05:15 AM »

So i got a bit educated today on some differences between pc and console.

Couldn't understand what the console players were bitching about.

Little known fact: Two Worlds is a PC Game.  The console version is a port.  I believe Two Worlds 2 probably follows that line of development cause of what i found out today made me really glad i bought this on pc and not on console.

The console version of the game doesn't even have online lobbies to meet players are trade in etc.  They totally left them out.  Apparently they don't even have account authentication in console versions.

Bottom line: Console multiplayer experience blows ass chunks compared to the pc multiplayer experience in this game.

Also, the console version (with no lobby system and no game policing admins like the pc version) stores all save information for all characters on the console, which means folks are copying them to USB drives and editing their saves to make all their stats = 32,000 and give themselves weapons and armor that aren't in the multiplayer game (from the SP game bosses).  And none of them are able to be punished in any way.  Thus, the console MP experience with this game is shit shit shit and completely shit and already ruined like old soft shit growing mushrooms.

Long live PC gaming.

Never thought i'd say get a game on the pc cause there's not cheating...which is rampant on consoles! Tongue
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:07:19 AM by Fuzzballx » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2011, 04:24:36 AM »

bummer.  so much for trying the mp there now.  oh well, haven't tried it at all yet, so i doubt i missing much from the competitive modes.

i'll stick to playing co-op with friends.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »

Bah, how can I log in and not see a new post in this thread?  slywink 

I did have one funny moment last night with a Ghostbusters reference:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I was talking with a demon type guy and he said "Are you a god?" and my guy replied "Um...no" "Then die!".   icon_biggrin  I was hoping one of the NPCs would have said "Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'YES'!" when I talked to them. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2011, 05:01:44 AM »

made it to the last Arena fight.  holy cow, talk about kicking it up from 11 to 10000; I can't even dent the guy after beating all the other fights.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2011, 09:25:32 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 12, 2011, 05:01:44 AM

made it to the last Arena fight.  holy cow, talk about kicking it up from 11 to 10000; I can't even dent the guy after beating all the other fights.

I was actually able to beat all of those enemies on the first try.  Certainly that last enemy was the first one to do anything more than a sliver of damage to me (and he did it several times), but as a level 23 dual wielding warrior I didn't have too much trouble.  That arena was actually a great way to get a bunch of money and experience in a short time. 

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2011, 09:49:09 AM »

The game has a unnerving ability to make me think how easily I do things based on what other people tell me. Meaning, for the right story, I'll go kill someone without a second doubt. Well, most of the time anyways. The further I get in the game, the more emphasis I see on this aspect as well from the games narrative. I really dig this.

Oh, and being a warrior gets...hard, once you reach the second isle - things really don't want to die.

A new one
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: February 12, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »

Well that's a slight relief then as everything on the first island gets crushed right now. I am close to leaving it myself and except for the poison using scorpions, I have not been near death for a while. I now have more money than I ever have and a ton of crafting materials except for chain. I finally dumped the freebie armor but I should go back and compare it at some point. At level 28, both 2H weapons are rated at over 1k and I rarely find myself facing mixed enemies, so I don't need to swap out much. Still have the bow going as it's been very useful to thin larger crowds. I'll tell you though, that 2H sweep is very handy. 

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »

Quote from: Caine on February 12, 2011, 10:25:13 AM

Well that's a slight relief then as everything on the first island gets crushed right now. I am close to leaving it myself and except for the poison using scorpions, I have not been near death for a while. I now have more money than I ever have and a ton of crafting materials except for chain. I finally dumped the freebie armor but I should go back and compare it at some point. At level 28, both 2H weapons are rated at over 1k and I rarely find myself facing mixed enemies, so I don't need to swap out much. Still have the bow going as it's been very useful to thin larger crowds. I'll tell you though, that 2H sweep is very handy. 

I've been using the Guilds masterpiece axe until now, and its not easy anymore. I may suck at combat, but it seems everyone, even animals are now blocking me, leaving the blockbreaker the only viable way to get damage done, which is a bit silly. That, or waiting to counterattack, but with 3-5 or even 7 mobs attacking you at the same time, is not very viable.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 12, 2011, 09:25:32 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 12, 2011, 05:01:44 AM

I was actually able to beat all of those enemies on the first try.  Certainly that last enemy was the first one to do anything more than a sliver of damage to me (and he did it several times), but as a level 23 dual wielding warrior I didn't have too much trouble.  That arena was actually a great way to get a bunch of money and experience in a short time. 

yeah, I went in at 19 and finished up at 21 without losing until the last enemy (the victory lap).  I know 21 unlocks a bunch of weapons that I have stored at the orc base, so I'm going to go back there and see if anything makes a difference.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »

Is the gameplay similar to Divine Divinity 2?  in other words, is the combat more action than rpg?  or is it a bit slower?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 14, 2011, 04:25:28 PM

Is the gameplay similar to Divine Divinity 2?  in other words, is the combat more action than rpg?  or is it a bit slower?

it's somewhat similar, I find if I keep on clicking and hitting hotkeys everything ends up dead.  there is manual blocking and counterblocking, but I rarely need to use those at the point in the game I'm at.  here's an article on combat

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: