http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 02:23:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying too find a two deck version of freecell.  (Read 1028 times)
Jocke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 07:46:42 AM »

I have been trying too find a free two deck version of freecell in windows. I found some solitaire packs that claimed too have it. But I really don't care too pay for the whole pack when I only want the two deck variant. Somewhere someone should have made shareware/freeware program of it. Damnit if I do not find it, I may write it...  I have seen the variant in linux but can not recall it's name. If anyone knows what it is called there I would appreciate you telling me since that would really ease my search.  

Oh and if you have not found the crack that freecell is, I highly recommend it. Unlike other solitaire games I have played, it can always be solved. That makes it highly addictive I can tell you... Personally I have easily played over 500 games of it over the last two years or so. But now  the challenge is missing. The two deck variant can not always be solved but I am willing too make that sacrifice since you atleast can increase the odds by skill.
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 12:58:10 PM »

I have never seen a two deck version.

There are "unsolvable" ones though.  Start the windows version, and go to select a game.  Then put in "-1" as the game number.  You get an unwinable game.

Now it could be argued that that game would never come up but statistically there is a tiny, tiny chance.

Jocke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 01:06:47 PM »

Hey thats pretty cool. My friend who got me hooked on freecell said it was very probable that all freecell games were solvable but that it had never been proven. Gotta tell him about this, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: