http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 11:14:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to install Team fortress classic  (Read 1406 times)
spatzi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2005, 04:22:46 PM »

I haven't played for a few years and wanted to try it again. I have HL2 from Steam, but I didn't get TFC with it because I only have bronze version.  How do I go about getting it now? Do I have to pay extra to download it from Steam? Or can I get it free from somewhere else? There seem to be a lot of sites offering TFC downloads, but I just downloaded one and it refused to open. It used to be that you needed original HL installed to play TFC. I don't know if it's still the same, or what I need to do now that I have HL2 installed. Any recommended sites for getting the complete lastest version of TFC? And what size would that file be?
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 04:24:57 PM »

If you own a copy of HL you can input your CD key for that and you will get acess to HL and all of it's official mods.  

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
spatzi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 04:49:38 PM »

Input the cd key to get TFC? Where exactly? In steam? I don't have HL1 installed.  Do I have to install that first to get TFC?

When I try to access TFC through the steam menu, it just offers me packages I can buy, and says I already own HL2. Where exactly do I download TFC? I see all the mods, but I don't see a way to individually download TFC.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:07:02 PM »

Option somewheres for registering a product that you already have.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 05:20:31 PM »

What Kagath said.

There should be an option in steam (under the buy menu maybe?) to register a product you already own.  If you put your HL CD key in there you will have access to download HL1 and all it's mods through steam.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
spatzi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 05:48:10 PM »

Okay, I put in the original HL key and registered it. It is now downloading TFC in about 7 minutes. Thanks for your help everyone.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 06:03:04 PM »

I just hope that they get around to porting TFC to Source pretty soon.

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 06:38:57 PM »

They're too busy coming up with TF2 for Source.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
warning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 09:04:33 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"

Heh... that's funny.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 09:55:11 PM »

I know, I laughed when I wrote it ... but apparently, it's true. Some of the old tech created for TF2 a few years back bled into the Source engine, and as soon as Valve knew they were working on HL2, they knew TF2 would have to come out with it. So they shut their mouths about TF2, and everyone assumed it had become vapor ware, and they just kept quiet with little grins on their faces while everyone bad-mouthed them for being one-hit wonders.

From the mouth of Gabe:

Team Fortress 2 ... is far from a dead project.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out within six months or so.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 11:37:03 PM »

I want TFC: Source so bad it's painful.

There's a couple of fanmade mods being worked on but I want an official one.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 12:03:16 AM »

Quote from: "warning"
Quote from: "Dafones"

Heh... that's funny.

actually, I think it's true. While at E3 (2003) I met a texture artist for Valve who was (at the time) on that project. Since the theft (and delay) and the whole Steam / HL2 had to come out first, they've likely pushed it back to build on it, etc. Just looking at what they've been able to do with Source leads me to believe a TF2 release date in the next six months is not only reasonable; it's something they're just itching to get out there.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 02:48:57 AM »

I would use the rolleyes but then it would seem like I am insulting the posters. Instead I will say, I'll believe it when I am playing it.

I know that when it was shown before, they had ideas stolen from them. If you watch some of the Battlefield 2 movies, there is spots where I was reminded of that E3 rolling collage of clips stuff from TF2 from waaaay back when it showed the tank moving around in the Middle Eastern looking city. Just remembering that made baby Kagath cry as he had been looking forward to TF2 for a long time... At this point, I wouldn't be suprised if Valve quietly killed it off.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: