http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 02:55:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformers: War for Cybertron  (Read 9341 times)
Zinfan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2010, 09:51:38 PM »

Well I had $20 credit at Amazon for my next vid game purchase but no longer as Transformers is now on the way for $32.99.  I hope the two day prime shipping gets it here on Friday or I'll be out of luck for the weekend.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2010, 10:17:41 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on June 23, 2010, 09:51:38 PM

Well I had $20 credit at Amazon for my next vid game purchase but no longer as Transformers is now on the way for $32.99.  I hope the two day prime shipping gets it here on Friday or I'll be out of luck for the weekend.

cool! hope to see you online for some peggle and transformers smile  (and puzzle quest 2 next week)

finished the autobot campaign.  Fun game, good length for me.  Now on to the MP again!
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2010, 12:27:50 AM »

I can't believe two nights in a row, only 15,000'ish people online in multiplayer.

I'm starting to get annoyed with the host quitting mid-match. I'm probably 40 - 10 or so on the first 2 games and since then, it's been quit/quit/quit.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2010, 12:41:35 AM »

Quote from: Caine on June 23, 2010, 05:59:07 PM

don't forget to watch the credits.  pure 80's goodness

That was pure 80s awesome.

So, how long is single player again?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2010, 12:41:56 AM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on June 24, 2010, 12:27:50 AM

I can't believe two nights in a row, only 15,000'ish people online in multiplayer.

I'm starting to get annoyed with the host quitting mid-match. I'm probably 40 - 10 or so on the first 2 games and since then, it's been quit/quit/quit.

you're just too manly for them.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2010, 12:55:23 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 24, 2010, 12:41:56 AM

I just don't get the whole 15,000 people thing. They've only sold this many copies? Or is everyone playing campaign and then going for multiplayer after? An 18 - 8 match there... the soldier is a beast.

I'm going to try leader soon, this pecker kept killing me with those grenades he shoots. Pop out from behind a wall, shoot grenade, hide behind wall, explode. Rinse, wash, repeat. That guy was decimating me.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2010, 12:57:15 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on June 23, 2010, 04:54:37 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on June 23, 2010, 04:38:38 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on June 23, 2010, 03:53:42 PM

Played a little campaign with nonnahob. We didn't get very far but it was pretty meh.

I think you may have lost your (all)spark.  seems most games dont' do much for ya anymore. frown

Oh yeah?  icon_mrgreen

The MP is just BANANAS fun...even moreso than the demo. I love the killstreaks.  I got the 5 killstreak as the scout and was just healing and killing and healing and killing.

Getting to see some of the new maps has been a treat. I've only played 3 matches but it was so much fun.  First one was a 4-6 affair..Started as a scientist. Neat class. Gonna need to work it out though.

Then I switched to scout.  Went 20-8 over the next 2.  

<drools>

Can't wait to play it more later. So frenetic. So fun!

Gonna get a lot of time in this one!

Hey, I thought you had officially converted back to an SP gamer.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2010, 01:38:08 AM »

I ... LOVE ... the scrapmaker. 17 - 2. KUNG POW!

X360 - Nonnahob

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2010, 03:29:04 AM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on June 24, 2010, 12:55:23 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 24, 2010, 12:41:56 AM

I just don't get the whole 15,000 people thing. They've only sold this many copies? Or is everyone playing campaign and then going for multiplayer after? An 18 - 8 match there... the soldier is a beast.

I'm going to try leader soon, this pecker kept killing me with those grenades he shoots. Pop out from behind a wall, shoot grenade, hide behind wall, explode. Rinse, wash, repeat. That guy was decimating me.

Keep in mind that the game was also released on the PS3 and the PC. The MP community for this game is split between 3 camps. I've not checked on how many are playing tonight (will do in a minute), but I think the Xbox 360 is where most folks are at.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2010, 06:18:02 AM »

Checked in on PC multiplayer at 1:30 AM and there were about 520 players online. Im getting a handle on the multiplayer. Got a soldier up to level 4.  icon_smile
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »

Of course all I know about the Transformers is that Optimus Prime is a blue and red truck and a good guy, that is all.  Oh and Megan Fox was in the first two movies.  I'm gonna get my ass kicked worse than a French soccer player on the Champs Elysees.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 24, 2010, 12:57:15 AM

Played a little campaign with nonnahob. We didn't get very far but it was pretty meh.

I think you may have lost your (all)spark.  seems most games dont' do much for ya anymore. frown

Oh yeah?  icon_mrgreen

The MP is just BANANAS fun...even moreso than the demo. I love the killstreaks.  I got the 5 killstreak as the scout and was just healing and killing and healing and killing.

Getting to see some of the new maps has been a treat. I've only played 3 matches but it was so much fun.  First one was a 4-6 affair..Started as a scientist. Neat class. Gonna need to work it out though.

<drools>

I think I said I was taking a break.  It's been 5 months.  Also, this is a game that I won't be taking all that seriously.  It's just plain goofy fun.  My next mp game will likely be graw3 next year, but maybe not as that series is what got me hooked on mp in the first place.  Thanks Calvin!

Based on last night, some observations:

First off, nonnahob is a wrecking machine..
Second, mp is a hoot.
Third, the grenades on the scout blow
Fourth, backstabber is hellah awesome.
Fifth, the killstreak perks are neat

Lastly, there are already people who are on a whole other plane of skill in this game.  Its awesome to behold
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »

I've only played 3 MP matches.  2 of them were ended early because the host quit.. lame.

Too bad, it's a lot of fun.  Glad I only paid $40 slywink

"Goonies never say die"
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2010, 12:40:35 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on June 24, 2010, 12:39:10 PM

I've only played 3 MP matches.  2 of them were ended early because the host quit.. lame.

You got the PC version, Producto?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »

I agree with all of your statements except that emps blow.  Emps are awesome-sauce
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2010, 01:21:18 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 24, 2010, 12:41:51 PM

I agree with all of your statements except that emps blow.  Emps are awesome-sauce

Well truth be told I have been using the incorrectly...always defensively and never offensively.  Have much to learn yet
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2010, 01:22:06 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on June 24, 2010, 12:40:35 PM

Quote from: El-Producto on June 24, 2010, 12:39:10 PM

You got the PC version, Producto?

Nope 360.

"Goonies never say die"
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2010, 02:18:10 PM »

I've been reading quite a bit about some crazy Gears style host advantage..

Has anyone noticed that?

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2010, 02:31:54 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on June 24, 2010, 02:18:10 PM

I've been reading quite a bit about some crazy Gears style host advantage..

Has anyone noticed that?

The only time I've noticed it is when the host has a shank connection and everyone but him is lagging all over. Most people quit those games. Otherwise it seems like there isn't a huge advantage. There hasn't been any game where I have been able to pick out one guy destroying everyone (at least not because of a host advantage).

Truth be told, most of the scores in the MP games I've been playing are fairly consistent in terms of score spread. When there were four or five of the GT folks rolling together two nights ago we ran the tables on some fools, but outside of that I haven't seen any total superstar players.

X360 - Nonnahob

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2010, 02:58:51 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on June 24, 2010, 11:59:50 AM

Quote from: Teggy on June 24, 2010, 12:57:15 AM

Oh yeah?  icon_mrgreen

<drools>

I think I said I was taking a break.  It's been 5 months.  Also, this is a game that I won't be taking all that seriously.  It's just plain goofy fun.  My next mp game will likely be graw3 next year, but maybe not as that series is what got me hooked on mp in the first place.  Thanks Calvin!

Based on last night, some observations:

First off, nonnahob is a wrecking machine..
Second, mp is a hoot.
Third, the grenades on the scout blow
Fourth, backstabber is hellah awesome.
Fifth, the killstreak perks are neat

Lastly, there are already people who are on a whole other plane of skill in this game.  Its awesome to behold

MP is fun, but on the PS3, which is what I have the game on, I have seen quite a lot of lag. Could just be bad hosts though.

The Scout class, for multiplayer is a joke though, I keep getting slaughtered when I use that class.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »

scout is by far my favorite class and the easiest for me to do well with.  Fits my style very well.  the key is staying mobile, flanking the enemy and knowing when to get the hell out.  That and Health Matrix which rules.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 24, 2010, 03:14:01 PM

scout is by far my favorite class and the easiest for me to do well with.  Fits my style very well.  the key is staying mobile, flanking the enemy and knowing when to get the hell out.  That and Health Matrix which rules.

Ironically, it's my favorite class so far too.  I've always been an attacker in games but there is something so awesome about using finesse, getting behind a group and back stabbing them.  I'm still working on figuring out when best to initiate the invisibility, and melee has NEVER been my strong suit, but overall working the edges of the map being a scout is great fun.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »

Scout and Scientist are both "drop in, drop out" kind of playstyles. I was getting beat up pretty bad by someone playing scientist last night who would fly in, transform, drop his little sentry, transform and fly out, let the little sentry do some damage and while it was, he'd fly back in and try to drop a missle or two. It seemed pretty effective. I think there is a perk which allows the sentry gun to either boost attack damage or boost its armor and I'm sure he was using it.

I also played a match against someone using scout as a sniper class. It was... amazing. He blew us all away and ended up going 19 - 2 or something ridiculous. I'm going to have to try this one out, too.

I haven't had any luck using the leader class. I haven't figured out the arc and distance for those flak grenades which seem to do a ridiculous amount of damage (when I'm facing someone playing that class, that is). It's VERY effective when you can use it though. I have been beaten up pretty bad by people who've got this down.

The soldier class is to me the easiest and most effective to play. I regularly string together 3 and 5 kill streaks using the scrapmaker as my primary and the neutron assault rifle as my secondary. It's a pretty powerful class. The scrapmaker does loads of damage at long range. If any scout or scientist gets close enough to use a shotgun on me, I just whirlwind them. Soldiers are pretty tough to tackle, thats for sure.

X360 - Nonnahob

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »

hmm this sounds a bit like Tribes.  Is that a fair comparison?  Loved me some Tribes!

Anyone else comment on the PS3 lagging issue somebdoy mentioned?  That is ascaring me off and the lack of key customizing has me wavering o nthe PC version frown.

morlac00 on PSN
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2010, 05:20:46 PM »

Quote from: morlac on June 24, 2010, 04:27:23 PM

hmm this sounds a bit like Tribes.  Is that a fair comparison?  Loved me some Tribes!

Anyone else comment on the PS3 lagging issue somebdoy mentioned?  That is ascaring me off and the lack of key customizing has me wavering o nthe PC version frown.

More like Team Fort with a bit of class customization thrown in.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »

Quote from: Vidiot on June 24, 2010, 05:20:46 PM

So the maps are small confined layouts with a couple of choke points and nothing much else?  I like TF2 but that style doesn't seem to jive with Transformers and the whole transforming thing smile  I suppose I should just try the demo tonight.

morlac00 on PSN
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »

Quote from: morlac on June 24, 2010, 05:23:50 PM

hmm this sounds a bit like Tribes.  Is that a fair comparison?  Loved me some Tribes!

Anyone else comment on the PS3 lagging issue somebdoy mentioned?  That is ascaring me off and the lack of key customizing has me wavering o nthe PC version frown.

So the maps are small confined layouts with a couple of choke points and nothing much else?  I like TF2 but that style doesn't seem to jive with Transformers and the whole transforming thing smile  I suppose I should just try the demo tonight.

Well the demo map is a small confined layout with a couple of choke points.  icon_biggrin

IMHO Transformers is a very good game. But it is nothing like Tribes with regards to gameplay

It's more like Modern Warfare 2 with robots.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:31:49 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on June 24, 2010, 06:28:19 PM

Quote from: morlac on June 24, 2010, 05:23:50 PM

hmm this sounds a bit like Tribes.  Is that a fair comparison?  Loved me some Tribes!

Anyone else comment on the PS3 lagging issue somebdoy mentioned?  That is ascaring me off and the lack of key customizing has me wavering o nthe PC version frown.

So the maps are small confined layouts with a couple of choke points and nothing much else?  I like TF2 but that style doesn't seem to jive with Transformers and the whole transforming thing smile  I suppose I should just try the demo tonight.

Well the demo map is a small confined layout with a couple of choke points.  icon_biggrin

IMHO Transformers is a very good game. But it is nothing like Tribes with regards to gameplay

It's more like Modern Warfare 2 with robots.

Agreed, but with no noob tubing, commando bullshit, or explicit "campers". I think that's why I'm enjoying it so much.

X360 - Nonnahob

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »

or explicit "campers".

Bzzt. Have definitely seen campers.  Remember the skycampers last night? And today I saw a guy perched in a way up on the board working our team.

Same tactic that one guy used last night to pick us apart. 
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on June 24, 2010, 07:37:12 PM

or explicit "campers".

Bzzt. Have definitely seen campers.  Remember the skycampers last night? And today I saw a guy perched in a way up on the board working our team.

Same tactic that one guy used last night to pick us apart. 

Eh, one or two. Not near as rampant. The one guy that was sniping us last night wasn't really camping up high either. He was using the windows on a rather ground level area.

The only sky camper I can remember was the scientist who was flying in the very open level that has a sort of ring for the central area. He was way up high camping there.

X360 - Nonnahob

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2010, 02:38:50 AM »

Strange....  I bought the game two days ago and have seen almost no GTers online and playing.

Is this going to be a fizzle game for multiplay?    Not a big deal because I'm enjoying the single play, but odd all the same.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2010, 03:24:44 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 26, 2010, 02:38:50 AM

Strange....  I bought the game two days ago and have seen almost no GTers online and playing.

Is this going to be a fizzle game for multiplay?    Not a big deal because I'm enjoying the single play, but odd all the same.

I'll add you to my friends list, not sure I have you on there. I haven't seen anyone on either, barring tonight. Tonight there were plenty on smile

X360 - Nonnahob

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2010, 05:05:39 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 26, 2010, 02:38:50 AM

I've seen 5-10 on pretty much every night.  you might just have the wrong people on your lists. slywink

Unfortunately most of them are playing campaign or escalation. frown
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2010, 03:41:26 PM »

So me and Moriarty being as awesome as we are, made it to level 14 of Escalation alone last night - yep we are that awesome. Fun times.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2010, 06:41:10 PM »

Quote from: CSL on June 26, 2010, 03:41:26 PM

So me and Moriarty being as awesome as we are, made it to level 14 of Escalation alone last night - yep we are that awesome. Fun times.

but the achievement is for 15 !
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2010, 10:03:44 PM »

15-20 happened after 2 other people joined their game in progress.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2010, 06:35:36 AM »

i just finished the campaign a few minutes ago...absolutely awesome game from start to finish.  i had serious reservations about anyone's ability to make a good Transformers game after all the bad stuff over the years, but High Moon Studios really knocked it out of the park with this one.  not only did they put together one hell of a fun shooter, but they also managed to stay very loyal to the source material with a fun story and great portrayals of the classic characters.  they captured the personalities of Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, and the all the rest almost perfectly in their dialog throughout the game, and the amount of stuff they slipped in for long-time fans to recognize is a great touch.  the cutscenes were extremely well done, and even the banter between characters during missions provided a lot of personality and a good bit of humor.  i could hardly believe it when i heard a character use the 'universal greeting' at one point...briliant moment and a great bit of fan service.  while the story is pretty thin for most of the game and serves mainly as a framework for the action, it does so very well and the way they tie it all in to the original series in the end is just plain awesome.  as someone who has been a fan of the Transformers since they first appeared when i was six years old, i really couldn't ask for much more.   it's obvious from the beginning of the game all the way through the end credits that the guys who made the game are true fans as well.  to steal a line from the credits, this game "rocks like Stan Bush" Headbanging!

just a few more comments to focus more on the gameplay/mechanics side of things...

besides being a great Transformers game for fans, WFC actually turned out to be a really great shooter much to my surprise.  the pacing is good, environments are well-designed, controls are tight, and the combat becomes surprisingly challenging in the later parts of the game.  i played through on 'medium,' and while things started off pretty easy, by the end of the game i was really working hard (and dying quite a bit) to get through some of the big battles.  i think they did a really good job with the weapons, often setting up situations that required you to choose the right tool for the job...and they made it very beneficial to become adept at working transformations into your fighting.  the way transforming is implemented is very smooth, and by the end of the game i found myself switching back and forth all the time to fight my way across Cyberton.  i think the scientist characters are especially well done and the flying parts of the Autobot campaign turned out to be some of my favorites of the whole game (especially the epic sequence at the end of chapter nine).  i had a great time with the combat all through the campaign and it's not hard to imagine why others here are having so much fun with the multiplayer side of the game...something that i'll have to check out soon icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2010, 08:35:14 AM »

So NOBODY liked the two movie based games?
They were nothing fantastic, but I still had fun with the whole free roaming driving/flying blowing stuff up factor.

Ahh well.

Slowly inching every class up bit by bit.
I've seen people in the 20's already.

Scout is gonna be a pain in the ass to level.
I just cant get the hang of it. There were a few games earlier on in the week where I could snipe all I want or sneak up on people to backstab all I want.
Now, people seem to outsnipe you with any weapon, and tend to notice you and break you from stealth before you can get behind them.
Don't know how you guys do it.

The scientist/spy/shotgun to the face combo is working amazingly for me.

Gonna eat your face
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »

Notice banner sayin' incoming patch will let you keep xp even if hosts ragequits. Yey.

Gonna eat your face
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »

It makes me sad that so few people are playing this online.

It is just so much fun.

Scout FTW!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: