http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 12:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfering videos to the PSP?  (Read 802 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:16:04 PM »

Just got my PSP the other day and I've been attempting to transfer a game trailer I downloaded to my PC to my PSP. I converted the file to a format the PSP can read, but there doesn't seem to be a video folder in the PSP root menu. I tried creating one and putting the movie file in there, but I still couldn't see it on my PSP. Sorry, I've read the manual and it doesn't help.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:30:25 PM »

PSP Video 9 is your solution

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »

That's the program I'm using, it converted the file but as far as putting it on the PSP for me to watch I have no idea, I can't find the video on the PSP.

Sean Lama
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:37:14 PM »

yeah i have just used PSP video 9 ,and put an episode of scrubs on there for watching in work tonight

PSP video 9 has changed though if you have updated your PSP,and the new PSPvideo 9 isnt as good as the last one...takes longer to convert and you have to manually drag the video over(which i can now put straight into the 'video' folder,instead of that MP root folder)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 08:13:14 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 13, 2007, 07:35:03 PM

That's the program I'm using, it converted the file but as far as putting it on the PSP for me to watch I have no idea, I can't find the video on the PSP.

Did you format your Memory Stick? You have to format the memory stick first thing to get the root directory up and running

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 08:14:20 PM »

No I haven't formatted the memory stick, but the root menu all seems there except for the videos folder.

Sean Lama
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 08:18:18 PM »

There is a folder they're supposed to go into, but frankly I've forgotten the setup. That, and I never converted many movies.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »

If I had my cable with me here @ work I could hook it up and check.  I don't though, so I'll take a look today & let you know tonight sometime.

Here's a new online video from Playstation telling you how to use your PSP system (it's actually fairly funny...)

http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/Educational/16056/PSP_Educational_Video
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 09:03:31 PM by depward » Logged

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 05:46:09 AM »

Quote from: depward on April 13, 2007, 08:22:58 PM

If I had my cable with me here @ work I could hook it up and check.  I don't though, so I'll take a look today & let you know tonight sometime.

Here's a new online video from Playstation telling you how to use your PSP system (it's actually fairly funny...)

http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/Educational/16056/PSP_Educational_Video

nice video,quite good,and told me a few things i didnt know

however when the aussie chick  was talking on the beach,it came up on screen that AVI video files can be played...but i cant get them to work,thats why i have to use the PSP video 9 to convert them to whatever else it needs to be(er...MPEG-4)...i always download the files as AVI,in the first place

so,how do i get the AVI files to work?,..that would save me a lot of time if i could just drag the AVI files to either the 'video' folder or whatever MP root folder it goes to(100MNV01 or 101ANV01...cant remember which)..i have tried all that,just says when i come to play the video that its not supported

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: