http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 10:04:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toys R Us and new releases  (Read 1251 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2006, 02:43:51 AM »

Anyone know when Toys R Us stores generally get in newly-released games?  I'm hoping to pick up Phantasy Star Universe (and perhaps Magical Starsign) as part of the B2G1 free sale this week.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 02:49:27 AM »

Mine usually has them by the weekend following release- ie you might have a pretty good shot at getting them on the tail end of the sale. 
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 12:22:04 PM »

I'm going to have to try a different store... I went yesterday on a scouting mission... No Godfather, Just Cause, Bully or Splinter Cell out of the games i was looking for... I couldn't even find 3 games they had in stock that I would want.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 02:13:29 PM »

Amazingly, my TRU sometimes gets games before the myriad EB/Gamestops in the area.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 03:50:24 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on October 22, 2006, 12:22:04 PM

I'm going to have to try a different store... I went yesterday on a scouting mission... No Godfather, Just Cause, Bully or Splinter Cell out of the games i was looking for... I couldn't even find 3 games they had in stock that I would want.

Did pretty well at mine.  Snagged:

Splinter Cell
Enchanted Arms
Lego Star Wars 2
Baten Kaitos Origins
Megaman ZX
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime

The only one they didn't have that I wanted was Bully (looks like you were right- they weren't carrying it, which is strange).  Very happy with my haul, though I'm glad I was there first thing this morning- they only had one copy of Splinter Cell left after I bought mine. 
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 03:55:19 PM »

Man i gotta do some homework to see what i'm gonna pick up.  Bully is my #1 choice so i'm hoping they have it.  No idea what to get next although i'm considering Okami, Devil Summoner, and Tales of the Abyss.  Too many choices! 

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 04:10:27 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on October 22, 2006, 03:55:19 PM

Man i gotta do some homework to see what i'm gonna pick up.  Bully is my #1 choice so i'm hoping they have it.  No idea what to get next although i'm considering Okami, Devil Summoner, and Tales of the Abyss.  Too many choices! 

FWIW, my TRU did not have either Devil Summoner or TotA, nor did I see spots where they would have been if they had been sold out, so I'm not sure if they carry them.  Certainly Devil Summoner isn't likely to be carried by them since it's published by Atlus (then again they did have Steambot Chronicles and that's Atlus isn't it?). 
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »

well i guess i really do have some thinking to do then  icon_biggrin

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 04:58:24 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 22, 2006, 04:10:27 PM

Quote from: Xmann on October 22, 2006, 03:55:19 PM

FWIW, my TRU did not have either Devil Summoner or TotA, nor did I see spots where they would have been if they had been sold out, so I'm not sure if they carry them.  Certainly Devil Summoner isn't likely to be carried by them since it's published by Atlus (then again they did have Steambot Chronicles and that's Atlus isn't it?). 

The do carry Atlus games, including the mature ones.  I bought Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga at TRU.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 05:03:21 PM »

Got Tiger Woods 07, NBA 2K7 and The Godfather. Not my top picks, but I'll deal.

The couple in front of me in line had a purchase totaling a bit over $2,000. They bought up to 6 copies of most of the recent PS2 and GBA games.. gee I wonder how long before they are listed on ebay? For a second I thought maybe they were buying for a children's hospital, then they asked for 6 copies of Scarface. Tongue spoilsports.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 06:35:42 PM »

Okami
Valkyrie Profile 2 <== 2nd choice Devil Summoner wasn't in stock
Xenosaga III
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 06:54:57 PM »

MUST FIND A RIDE TO TOYSRUS TODAY

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 01:34:01 AM »

From what I've read in the thread at Cheapass Gamer, it doesn't look like anyone has found a copy of Devil Summoner, so they're probably either not getting it or are a few weeks behind.  I was hoping to get Tales of The Abyss, Okami, and Phantasy Star Universe, but after what I read at CAG, my hopes are dimming.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 01:56:31 AM »

Made it to TRU today.  They hadn't gotten Splinter Cell:DA in yet.  wtf.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 01:17:51 PM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on October 23, 2006, 01:56:31 AM

Made it to TRU today.  They hadn't gotten Splinter Cell:DA in yet.  wtf.

If it makes you feel any better, my TRU has Just Cause marked as "coming soon"...

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 06:53:40 PM »

I went this morning and got:

Splinter Cell ($49.99...nice)
Saints Row
Lego SW 2

I thought about Dead Rising instead of Lego SW but playing through Lego SW co-op with the wife might help cushion the $120.00 blow a little.  We had a blast with the demo and she doesn't usually play video games.  Plus I see DR as more of a rental anyway since it has no multiplayer.

The only game they didn't have was Tiger Woods 2.  Otherwise I think they had every 360 game in stock.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:14:06 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 07:11:56 PM »

If I can find Splinter Cell and Just Cause I can fill the set out with Moto GP, I just need to find the other two.  icon_evil

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: