http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 01:26:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Total war empire Patch 1.3 today  (Read 1402 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2009, 04:19:18 PM »

So..appearently, they are releasing a patch today, patch 1.3, containing 14 new units for one thing, and a LOT of fixes and optimizations as well...

Whenever I see such a huge list of fixes, I just cant bring myself to be happy, because...shouldnt all this stuff had been fixed from the getgo?

Anyways, here goes:

Hi guys,

Update 1.3 will be released for Empire: Total War on 22nd June 2009. Ahead of its release, here are the major features coming to the update:

We’ve worked on implementing the multi-threading in the game for multi-core processors and made many optimisations that will also help increase performance on single core machines.

Players will see huge benefits through increased frame rates particularly in land and naval battles.

14 Free Units have been included in this patch, adding a large amount of diversity to the playable factions and the armies the player will face. These units replace ‘generic’ equivalents giving each faction a unique identity on the battlefield. Here is a description of each free unit available in the update:

Prussian Grenadiers

Wearing a distinctive brass fronted mitre cap, the Prussian Grenadiers are an explosive force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

Spanish Guardias de infateria

These elite guard infantry are charged with protecting the monarch and are a potent force on the battlefield.

Swedish lifeguard horse

This cavalry regiment forms part of the monarchs’ household guard. Superbly drilled, they act as a shock force on the battlefield.

Holland Horse Guard

Armed with heavy cavalry sabres, these disciplined cavalrymen represent the elite of the army.

Prussian Garde Du Corp

The Prussian Garde Du Corp are a replacement for the Prussian standard Household cavalry. These heavy horse shock troops are best used to break enemy lines and overrun enemy positions. With a strong charge and fearsome attack, these riders make short work of those who would oppose a Prussian monarch.

Prussian Life guard

The Prussian life guards are equipped similarly to line infantrymen. However their uniforms are altogether more splendid, marking them out as a superior force, in arrogance if nothing else. They do a good job as garrison troops and are dedicated to the crown.
Russian Grenadiers

This new Russian unit is great for assaults and their grenades pack a mighty punch!

Spanish  Guardias De Corp

The Spanish Guardias De Corp replace household cavalry for Spain. With almost unbreakable morale, on the charge they are almost unstoppable.

Spanish Grenadiers

These are a replacement for the standard Spanish Grenadiers with a distinctive bearskin hat to mark them out as exemplary on the battlefield.

Swedish ‘Lifeguards of foot’

These are a highly trained replacement for the standard Swedish guard. They are often used as a force in a system that defends a monarchy and can be relied upon for utter loyalty and deadly accuracy in the field. Their professionalism is reflected in their fearsome battle reputation.

Holland Guard

The Holland Guards from the United Provinces are superior line infantry units. Carrying smoothbore muskets, they were traditionally chosen to protect the royal family and have an incredibly high morale, often making them the last troops to break in a fight.

Scots

The Scots are a Highland ex-patriate infantry used by the United Provinces, renowned for their deadly charge.

Swiss Infantry

Very disciplined infantry of the United Provinces with quick reload and excellent marksmanship.

Mamelukes

Mamelukes are fearless light horsemen, deadly when deployed against a broken or unsupported enemy.

Additionally the Spanish nation has had a new uniform design to better reflect its historical look.

Audio:

Sound loading has been made asynchronous, so heavy disc access is reduced to a minimum. This makes loading times faster and reduces any instances of ’stuttering’. Unit group sounds have also been improved, for more realistic group movement. The primary sound library (Miles DLL) has been updated to stop occasional clicking. And we’ve added more sound variation for unit deaths and musket fire.

Campaign:

- Several crash bug fixes in saves, movement, agents and logic.

- Various optimisations have been made to AI and path systems to reduce the campaign map turn times.

- When the pirates are destroyed and re-emerge they now maintain a status of at war with all and are unable to enter into diplomatic negotiations.

- Added small ships on domestic trade routes from the trade nodes to home regions moving in the correct direction, i.e. with the flow of trade.

- The AI should now no longer repeatedly sign a diplomatic agreement and then break it the next turn. Treaties are more valuable and adhered to.

- We’ve fixed some border trade agreements allowing greater numbers of bordering factions to properly trade with one another.

- Movement arrows now reflect the range of the selected units, not the whole army/navy.

- AI will no longer counter-offer and ask for more money than the player has available.

- Fixed commerce raiding taking money from blockaded trade routes.

- Fixed navies getting stuck when forced to retreat from ports (tactial retreat).

- Fixed rare inability to attack certain ports.

- Fixed middle mouse button camera drag stopping working occasionally.

- Made emergent factions be at war with the faction they emerged against if that faction is human.

- Fixed various movement extent crashes.

- Changed background income for minor factions.

- Fixed diplomatic relations with emergent factions.

- Tactical withdrawal will now always leave armies on the landmass containing the settlement of a region.

- Changed war score system to make the AI more likely to accept peace.

- Fixed crash when embarking and disembarking armies at ports.

- Fixed trade ships not being correctly registered in trade nodes after splitting forces.

- Fixed government change diplomatic effect.

- Improved commerce raiding display on trade screen.

- Faction specific text is now used in diplomacy.

- Prevent players cancelling the movement of fleeing agents.

Balance changes

Units

- Charge bonus generally increased across the board for all units and melee defence reduced.

- Greater diversification of stats between different unit types designed to emphasise differences and improve balance.

- Redone costs for all units for multiplayer to improve game balance which better reflects the actual battlefield worth of each unit.

- Mob formation added in for Native American, irregular and some skirmisher units.

- Spot distance for light infantry, skirmishers, irregulars, light cavalry and missile cavalry increased allowing them to spot hidden units at longer distances.

- Russian line infantry stats have been boosted to allow them to compete more with other faction’s line infantry.

- Movement speed of all unit types reduced by 10%.

- Ammo for light infantry increased to 20, line to 15.

Land battle morale

- Charge morale bonus reduced from 10 to 4.

- Recent casualties, extended casualties and total casualties morale penalties increased slightly for higher percentages.

- Rear and flank exposed morale penalties increased.

Fatigue

- Fatigue penalty for melee reduced from 18 per tick to 10.

- Running fatigue penalty for heavy and light cavalry reduced from -3/-2 to -2/-1.

Artillery Changes
- Calibration area for cannons and howitzers reduced. Accuracy of non-round shot shot types reduced to compensate.

- Muzzle velocity of round shot for cannons increased to make them fire lower and bounce more, accuracy also increased.

- Lethality of shrapnel pieces reduced to match canister shot, range also reduced to 350.

- Load time for special shot types for howitzers increased slightly, and range reduced to 350.

- Calibration area for mortars increased, accuracy of round shot increased to compensate. Reload time increased slightly.

- Accuracy of 18 lbr horse guard artillery restored to 65.

Hit points of gun trains increased to 50, all guns and caissons to 25.

Thanks,

Mark O’Connell

btw, I love the translation of the swedish royal guard, "Lifeguard" :-D

Basically, its the royal guard entrusted with the protection of the royal family
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 04:21:10 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:26:55 PM »

$3.49 for 14 new units?

Take your DLC and stick it up your ***.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:44:21 PM »

Quote from: Darkstar One on June 22, 2009, 10:26:55 PM

$3.49 for 14 new units?

Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:27:52 AM »

Anyone had the patch made available to them yet?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:40:08 AM »

steam has it
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 03:04:47 AM »

The first time I went into Steam the patch process wouldn't start.  An hour later I was good.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 06:08:53 AM »

Quote from: Darkstar One on June 22, 2009, 10:26:55 PM

$3.49 for 14 new units?

yeah, they really dont get it, do they?

A new one
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »

Hold on...are they charging for the patch?  Or are the units a seperate (optional) purchase?

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 04:18:40 PM »

Optional, you get 14 free units with the patch and an option to buy another 14 units for the prices quoted above.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 08:35:48 PM »

well - thats nice...after the patch, I cant start the game anymore??? Just hangs at the first screen, and joblist says the game is "non-respondig"...

A new one
lakers1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 09:47:34 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 27, 2009, 08:35:48 PM

well - thats nice...after the patch, I cant start the game anymore??? Just hangs at the first screen, and joblist says the game is "non-respondig"...

Assume you have checked your anti-virus etc, but I had the same problem and discovered that the patch had created a new 'instance', or whatever the correct term is, of the game as far as Zone Alarm was concerned.

So I set permissions on the new instance to 'allow' and now I'm good. Apart from the in-game CTDs of course.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 08:27:36 AM »

Quote from: lakers1 on June 27, 2009, 09:47:34 PM

Assume you have checked your anti-virus etc, but I had the same problem and discovered that the patch had created a new 'instance', or whatever the correct term is, of the game as far as Zone Alarm was concerned.

So I set permissions on the new instance to 'allow' and now I'm good. Apart from the in-game CTDs of course.

disabled everything to see if this was the case- no go. Checked the forums, and appearently quite a few people have this issue and creative assembly *thinks* its the Miles sounddrivers, but disabling sound doesnt work... Also, it might be related to having multiple core processors.

bah...this is getting annoying - I WANT to like the game, but...CA isnt making it easy

A new one
lakers1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 28, 2009, 08:27:36 AM

Quote from: lakers1 on June 27, 2009, 09:47:34 PM

disabled everything to see if this was the case- no go. Checked the forums, and appearently quite a few people have this issue and creative assembly *thinks* its the Miles sounddrivers, but disabling sound doesnt work... Also, it might be related to having multiple core processors.

bah...this is getting annoying - I WANT to like the game, but...CA isnt making it easy

Razgon, did you manange to sort this out?

After the 1 July patch I now have the same problem, not Zone Alarm-related this time. I don't know about you, but while it's on the splash screen I can't alt-tab or ctr-alt-del out so I seem to have no option but to kill the computer.

It seems like a lot of people are also getting stuck at the main menu.

This sort of thing did not happen with MTW, M2TW or RTW - is this something to do with Steam? (I have no other Steam games).
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 09:42:58 PM »

no, its still there, and yes, tons of other people have it as well.

They do claim they have it identified though, and that it will come out with in a hotfix - something about a windos utility that claims all but your primary partition is garbage or somesuch.

It SHOULD come quickly, but damn they are slow in releasing fixes to my mind... When did I buy this - 4 months ago? And still havent played it due to bugs?

A new one
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on July 02, 2009, 09:42:58 PM

They do claim they have it identified though, and that it will come out with in a hotfix - something about a windos utility that claims all but your primary partition is garbage or somesuch.

It SHOULD come quickly, but damn they are slow in releasing fixes to my mind... When did I buy this - 4 months ago? And still havent played it due to bugs?

To be honest, a hotfix is not that hot if it takles 2+ weeks to release. smile

IMO something is very screwy inside CA this time around. TW games never were bug-free or anything, but CA doesn't seem to be able to fix the basic things with ETW even 4 months after release. Way to screw up a series!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 09:09:02 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on July 07, 2009, 08:04:51 PM

Quote from: Razgon on July 02, 2009, 09:42:58 PM

To be honest, a hotfix is not that hot if it takles 2+ weeks to release. smile

IMO something is very screwy inside CA this time around. TW games never were bug-free or anything, but CA doesn't seem to be able to fix the basic things with ETW even 4 months after release. Way to screw up a series!

they released a sneak patch today - if you start Steam you'll see "Steam finished downloading patch for Empire: Total war" for a second...no-one knows what it is , and the devs arent telling...

unfortuantely, its not the promised hotfix they talked about a month ago , so those of us who still cant start the game after 1.3, will probably have to wait 4-5 months for the "hot-Fix"....sigh

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »

This is beginning to become a joke... Close to two months after they released a patch that broke the game for alot of people, still no "hotfix" as they claimed they were doing?

This company is fast loosing any credibility they had with me...

A new one
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 03:11:46 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 14, 2009, 02:58:46 PM

This is beginning to become a joke... Close to two months after they released a patch that broke the game for alot of people, still no "hotfix" as they claimed they were doing?

This company is fast loosing any credibility they had with me...

I don't know why you think they should have any credibility left.  I mean, they released the game with the AI so unfinished that it couldn't mount a sea invasion, nor really attack the human player much at all.  Not to mention all the other bugs.  Now we're two months out on a hotfix for a patch that broke the game for a number of players but they can find the time to release DLC to charge for 14 units that should be in the original game.

Creative Assembly games have gone from a full-price purchase to a bargain-bin purchase after this fiasco. 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 08:42:15 AM »

True Blackadar , until I replay Rome: Total war, and then - all is forgiven ;-)

Anyways, there are rumours that those of us who are unable to start the game at all, and have been for 2 months, since 1.31, should be able to make it work, if we uninstall anti-virus software like Threatfire.... Yes, thats right, not just de-activate it, but completely uninstall it..

sigh - the travesty continues...

A new one
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: