http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 02:43:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torment: Tides of Numenera  (Read 1679 times)
ericb
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 01:02:51 AM »

They managed to hit the 4.25 million stretch goal by the time it closed a few minutes ago.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 02:19:49 AM »

I had it at $130 but at the end decided to go back down to $20, which luckily had a spot open back up.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 10:17:23 PM »

there's still a chance to hit the final stretch goal:

Stronghold and the $4.5M Stretch Goal

We don’t have the final PayPal numbers yet, but we expect to be far short of the $4.5M Stretch Goal. (While Torment’s budget will be bolstered by the generous $200K total in contributions from Brian Fargo and Steve Dengler (@dracogen), these aren’t included in the Stretch Goal calculations. The Stretch Goals were set with these contributions already considered – that is, the $200K sum didn’t apply to determining whether or not we reached any given Stretch Goal. But all of it will be applied to creating a better game and help counterbalance the impact of fees and dropped pledges.)

Many backers have asked about the “Stronghold” that was at the $4.5M Stretch Goal, however. At your request and suggestion, what we’ll do is allow all PayPal contributions through the end of April to count toward determining whether or not we reached this goal. On Monday, we’ll tell you exactly how far we have left to go and through the end of the month we’ll provide more frequent updates on tumblr and Facebook about progress toward that $4.5M goal.

If we do make it by the end of April 30th, we’ll declare that final Stretch Goal achieved! In this case we would include the Stronghold, designing it to fit the flavor of Numenera and to fully support Torment’s themes and narrative.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 05:36:06 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 06, 2013, 10:17:23 PM

there's still a chance to hit the final stretch goal:

Stronghold and the $4.5M Stretch Goal

We don’t have the final PayPal numbers yet, but we expect to be far short of the $4.5M Stretch Goal. (While Torment’s budget will be bolstered by the generous $200K total in contributions from Brian Fargo and Steve Dengler (@dracogen), these aren’t included in the Stretch Goal calculations. The Stretch Goals were set with these contributions already considered – that is, the $200K sum didn’t apply to determining whether or not we reached any given Stretch Goal. But all of it will be applied to creating a better game and help counterbalance the impact of fees and dropped pledges.)

Many backers have asked about the “Stronghold” that was at the $4.5M Stretch Goal, however. At your request and suggestion, what we’ll do is allow all PayPal contributions through the end of April to count toward determining whether or not we reached this goal. On Monday, we’ll tell you exactly how far we have left to go and through the end of the month we’ll provide more frequent updates on tumblr and Facebook about progress toward that $4.5M goal.

If we do make it by the end of April 30th, we’ll declare that final Stretch Goal achieved! In this case we would include the Stronghold, designing it to fit the flavor of Numenera and to fully support Torment’s themes and narrative.

In the immortal words of Barry Manilow, looks like we made it.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, 03:29:56 AM »

and they've decided on turn based combat over real time with pausing.  I could have sworn they said it was real time in the Kickstarter, but I guess that is the hazard of backing too many Kickstarters at once.  Sounds like it was a close vote, hate to see what their forums look like with such a clear division smile

It’s been an exciting vote! The leading system changed a couple times early on and the final tally is: 7,267 TB, 7,052 RTwP and 782 Indifferent. With the vote at 48% to 47%, and with those who voted “indifferent” being more than triple the difference between the TB and RTwP camps, it is essentially a draw.

personally I'm not sure how I feel about the decision.  I was hoping for a Planescape: Torment like system for this particular game (I also backed Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin but I knew going in they were turn-based) so in a way it makes me less excited.  On the plus side I know someone else who was interested in the game, so I could theoretically sell it to them and give them the keys to the game.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:39 AM »

I have no idea why some people get so worked up about the combat system in this game. The original Torment was never about combat, and the new one will be even less about that.

AFAIK they never talked about combat specifics during the campaign btw, or at least it was never listed when they defined what Torment was about for the purpose of making a spiritual successor. Nobody considers combat to have been a strong point in Torment after all. Tongue
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 06:41:08 AM »

Voting system was flawed from the beginning though. They showed the poll numbers before you voted skewing the results.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 10, 2013, 06:41:08 AM

Voting system was flawed from the beginning though. They showed the poll numbers before you voted skewing the results.
it is possible that people actually voted for what they wanted though.  oh, wait, this is the internet.  nevermind smile

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 01:55:48 AM »

You can bet that people on both sides of the argument saw that the poll was skewing in one way or another, then went out on the net to galvanize backers to vote their way.

The vast majority of people, even people who voted for one side or another, probably wouldn't care that the game used turn based or real time pausable.

The poll does indicate that they're done with the basic back end coding and have moved on to more in depth gameplay implementation. Now let's hope they handle the transition from  real-time movement around the world into turn based combat well.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2013, 05:17:05 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 11, 2013, 01:55:48 AM

The poll does indicate that they're done with the basic back end coding and have moved on to more in depth gameplay implementation.

I don't think so. Torment is meant to stay in pre-production until Wasteland 2 is complete.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: