http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 06:26:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomb Raider Legend demo on Live today  (Read 1798 times)
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:42:46 PM »

Eidos Interactive has revealed the exclusive content for Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend that will be available for Xbox 360 on Xbox Live Marketplace, starting today.

The playable Xbox 360 demo of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend will be available to download together with an exclusive trailer of the game and also a selection of themes to customize your Xbox 360 dashboard. There will also be a selection of picture packs of Lara from the game and real-life Lara, Karima Adebibe.

“Xbox Live Marketplace offers a platform of such dynamic exposure to bring Lara closer to new gamers and her existing fans,” said Matt Gorman, Senior Brand Manager for Tomb Raider “We are expecting the same level of anticipation and interest in Lara and her new game on Xbox Live Marketplace as we do with the fantastic Tomb Raider online community.”

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit
BF2: MC

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:04:36 AM »

Ooh sweet! Let the demo impressions roll in!

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:59:04 AM »

I think they just had a couple videos up when I checked a few moments ago.  Maybe it takes awhile to become available?  I'd like to give it a look.  There's been some good things said about it thusfar but I really want to be sold before going further into debt.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:08:31 AM »

I played the PC demo and it was pretty great.  It looked purty and the gameplay was very smooth and and definite step up over the last 14 or 15 Tomb Raider games.

I'm sure the 360 version will look and control great.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 05:48:55 AM »

i have been in two minds whether to buy another tomb raider game as the last few were terrible,but i must admit i have been tempted by the screen shots of her newest adventure,thatnkfully market place can sort things out

god bless 360 LIVE marketplace

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 05:50:46 AM »

I attempted to download the demo too but had no luck, all that was available were a few trailers. When's this supposed to be available?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 06:01:40 AM »

Huh, according to what they were saying, it was suppose to be today. Oh well...hopefully tomorrow.

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 07:32:12 PM »

The demo is out now on Marketplace....post some impressions if you play. Stuck at work atm.

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 11:01:33 PM »

I was really impressed with the demo.  If the rest of the game is like the Bolivia level, I'll definitely pick it up.

The graphics were excellent with nice lighting and water effects.  I did notice a slight framerate dip at a couple times, but nothing affecting gameplay.  I also enjoyed the sound of the demo.  Voice acting was top-notch and I enjoyed the music, especially while fighting.  

Lara is animated well and has a wide array of moves that were intuitive and fairly easy to pull off.  Combat is easy to pick up too, with LT to lock on and RT to fire.  Dodge jump with A and switch targets with RS.

Seems good from the demo!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 11:02:05 PM »

The gameplay video looked promising, and the pc demo reviews have been quite favorable, so I'm looking forward to the playable demo.  640MB..And it's downloading slowly.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 11:10:03 PM »

I already played the PC demo and liked it, but I've decided to hog up some bandwith and grab the 360 demo to see how the controls feel.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 11:24:37 PM »

The demo was pretty good. The graphics were nice and the controls were decent (though occasionally akward). I did notice some framerate problems however, mainly when rotating the camera.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 11:34:28 PM »

I have played both demos, pc and 360, and I found the graphics better on the 360.  Had a much more dramatic impact on me.  I personally thought the environments detail to be stunning and I absolutely loved it and could not get enough of it. I found the people to be almost comical though.  And combat with the enemies I found much easier on the pc than the controller.  As for overall control, I like the pc version better.  I never felt awkward as I moved with the pc version, but I often did with the console version.  Not bad or anything and certainly doable quite easily, just not as smooth or as consistent as the pc.  

I would say if your main thing is graphics then get the console version, if it is control, I would go pc.  Just my take.  Ofcourse, it comes down to how you like to play, if you can't stand having this high falutin console and not getting the latest greatest game for it, or if you want to get which ever is cheapest.  By a long long shot the pc version is cheaper.

Since I am a graphics whore I would love to get the console version but I am afraid the control and the cost will push me to the pc.  

Loved both though and can't wait to play the game. Period.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 11:58:46 PM »

It's like weekly crack... I am looking forward to every Wednesday for new Live stuff.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 12:02:29 AM »

Did anyone have any issues with the shadows flickering, especially when the camera was on Lara?  Everything else looked nice but that was kind of annoying for me.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 12:16:55 AM »

Yes, the shadows flickered on her...uh...her chest.   I agree it was annoying but to be honest there could have been shadows flickering everywhere else but I would not have noticed.   biggrin

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 02:51:16 AM »

Man, the framerate was really disappointing.  I might end up going with the Xbox version since I've heard it runs at a constant 60 fps and still looks pretty nice to boot.

This is a Day One buy for me but I'm torn about which version to pick up.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 02:55:05 AM »

One thing that worries me is an interview with one of the developers in a recent EGM. He was boasting that in the new game Laura Croft has more outfits than there are enemy types (somewhere around 15). I don't really think that's such a good thing to brag about....
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 12:07:47 PM »

Played through the demo last night and I really liked it.  It confirmed the fact that I will be picking it up.  I especially liked the little see saw puzzle and thought it was cool that they had some physics in the game.  Also, that was the finest crate pushing I have done in a game.  smile  Seriously.  WHat I mean by that is that you could actually push the crash in any direction, whereas in most games you can only push a crate in 4.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »

Yes, excellent and fun demo.  It reminded me of the first time I played the original Tomb Raider on my PC with my new 3DFX card and I was totally blown away by the graphics.  The demo brought back the "feeling" of what Tomb Raider is all about.  I can't wait for it.  And Lara is so beautiful...

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 12:28:38 PM »

Definately a great demo.  Eidos did themselves a big favor by getting this demo out early.  Without this demo I would have passed on the game based off of the last few entries in the series.  I am thinking this is a day one purchase for me.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »

Still undecided, but the demo was quite good. It certainly did bring back memories of the very first Tomb Raider that I played on the PS1.

I have this in my Gamefly que so I will give it a rental then decide if I should keep it

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 01:09:31 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Definately a great demo.  Eidos did themselves a big favor by getting this demo out early.  Without this demo I would have passed on the game based off of the last few entries in the series.  I am thinking this is a day one purchase for me.

Me too!  I thought the exact same thing as I was playing it last night.  Here's a game that I had no intention of buying, but thanks to the demo it became a must-have for me.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 02:51:14 PM »

I have played both demos, pc and 360, and I found the graphics better on the 360.

I read somewhere that the PC game will come with better textures, or better graphics then the demo, at least a higher quality mode.  I think the PC demo was in its simplest form.

First Tomb Raider was great, the scene were the T-Rex first shows up made me jump out of my seat.  I'd love another solid Tomb Raider title.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: