http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 10:12:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomb Raider Anniversary announced for the Wii  (Read 534 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3480


Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me


View Profile
« on: May 15, 2007, 02:51:36 AM »

http://wii.ign.com/articles/788/788338p1.html

Well, I was going to get the re-envisioning on the PS2, but I'll wait for the Wii version now so I can get some comparisons with the controls. Hopefully, doubtfully though, they will make the engine run even better on the Wii.

Some notes from the interview, Eidos was late getting the dev kits ( which probably is why we are getting announcements later than we'd like ) . Also acknowledge that this is another PS2 port, but it could still be a pretty cool thing with the wii-controls.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:56:10 AM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 04:04:02 AM »

It'll be neat, provided they don't make the graphics worse than the PS2 version  icon_wink
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15695


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 11:08:20 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on May 15, 2007, 02:51:36 AM

http://wii.ign.com/articles/788/788338p1.html

Well, I was going to get the re-envisioning on the PS2, but I'll wait for the Wii version now so I can get some comparisons with the controls. Hopefully, doubtfully though, they will make the engine run even better on the Wii.

Some notes from the interview, Eidos was late getting the dev kits ( which probably is why we are getting announcements later than we'd like ) . Also acknowledge that this is another PS2 port, but it could still be a pretty cool thing with the wii-controls.

I hope they give us an option to play with standard controls.  And that the graphics are at least as good as the PS2, and, hopefully, better.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 7937



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 05:33:47 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 15, 2007, 11:08:20 PM

I hope they give us an option to play with standard controls.  And that the graphics are at least as good as the PS2, and, hopefully, better.

I agree. I don't think I want to play every game with the Wiimote + nunchuk combo and I think TR: A is just such a game. I really liked playing TR:L with my XBox controller, so yah hopefully they'll support standard controls too.
Of course if they surprise us with a kick-ass motion sensing control scheme, that would be cool too.
Logged
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3480


Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 12:56:07 PM »

Huh, I would think that Wii-mote controls would suit a game like this better than standard controls. Games like Godfather make me think that almost any action game is better with wii-controls.
Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 7937



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 10:28:19 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on May 16, 2007, 12:56:07 PM

Huh, I would think that Wii-mote controls would suit a game like this better than standard controls. Games like Godfather make me think that almost any action game is better with wii-controls.

I was specifically thinking of the intricate timing for swinging and jumping that the TR series has always demanded. I'm just not sure how well that will work with a motion sensing scheme. But as I said above, if they pull it off power to them.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.119 seconds with 36 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.048s, 2q)