http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 05:32:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Quest: Hunter viable for Typhoon?  (Read 1248 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »

Never made it to Typhoon my first crack at this game. Just fired it up again the other day. Lv-19 all skill points into Hunter tree so far.
I've been reading here and there about how tough Typhoon is. What should I add to the Hunter to make him strong enough for a fair Typhoon fight?

I'm also not getting alot of good drops. I have a half decent bow and gauntlets...but other than that just meh stuff.

What resists should I get up to snuff for Typhoon?

Danke for any tips......

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »

pre shrine fix or post?

i played an assassin? rogue/hunter with most of my hunter skills on bleeding/pierce damage.  most of my rogue stuff was in poison.  pre fix, he was easy enough to kill with the bow i had.  i did kill off most of his shrines when i first fought him, but after a few levels past that part, i could drop him without doing it.  just make sure he doesn't get too close. 

post fix?  not sure.  i haven't played it in a while. 

if you want some more details, i could dig up my character and post his stats.  i'd also be willing to give you some of my equipment if you like.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 07:15:19 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 18, 2007, 05:50:24 PM

pre shrine fix or post?

i played an assassin? rogue/hunter with most of my hunter skills on bleeding/pierce damage.  most of my rogue stuff was in poison.  pre fix, he was easy enough to kill with the bow i had.  i did kill off most of his shrines when i first fought him, but after a few levels past that part, i could drop him without doing it.  just make sure he doesn't get too close. 

post fix?  not sure.  i haven't played it in a while. 

if you want some more details, i could dig up my character and post his stats.  i'd also be willing to give you some of my equipment if you like.

Nice offer, thank you. I'm guessing its the post fix. I patched it up to current....
Just hit 20 and haven't put skill points anywhere but Hunter.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 07:47:05 PM »

Regarding drops, I'm playing through a second time with Immortal Throne installed, and I'm getting much better drops.  In my first game, after defeating Typhon I still only got yellows, but I got a blue from the first boss in my second game.  I'm not sure if they made the drops better or it's just coincidence though.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »

Ok, just finished off Typhoon as a lv 30 Ranger. Only a few points into Nature.
Died twice. Basically just ran in fired off a few, ran out, drank health potion, rinse and repeat.

Am I now moving into the Immortal Throne expansion?
It seemed a bit anti-climatic.

I left the Typhoon area through a portal and quests starting coming without a cut scene or anything.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: