http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 08:20:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Quest Glitches  (Read 3232 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:32:54 AM »

You know this may be one of the funnest and most addictive loot-whore games I've played since the original Diablo 2 but the glitches are just driving me nuts. For example, I'll be playing around and doing everything a normal Grecian hero does when confronted by evil but then I go into either the character or stats screen and it's faded out to the point where I can barely see anything. I log out to the Main Menu then go back in and it's fine... for a while.

I also had all the text characters turn into solid white blocks tonight for no reason whatsoever. Please tell me that someone somewhere actually put this through Q&A. So what other types of whacked out glitches has everyone seen?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 03:36:27 AM »

I ended up selling TQ because of a random hard lock that would reboot my system every time it happened.  It would also corrupt the save file and completely wipeout my quest log.   Even though I really enjoyed the game, I couldn't handle restarting for the 5th time, so I sold it.

I really wish I could have gotten it to run, as I was having a blast with it.  frown

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 06:10:09 AM »

I get these really cool moments where one minute I'm doing the cool Grecian hero stuff, just like you, and then the next I'm staring at my desktop again.

I didn't save. I didn't exit the game, I'm just at my desktop. It's so convenient, it makes getting back to windows and opening firefox easier, which in turn makes it easier to find a forum where I can piss and moan about badly coded buggy-as-shit software that should never have been released in it's current state.

But I'm not bitter or anything.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:58:05 AM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
I get these really cool moments where one minute I'm doing the cool Grecian hero stuff, just like you, and then the next I'm staring at my desktop again.

I didn't save. I didn't exit the game, I'm just at my desktop. It's so convenient, it makes getting back to windows and opening firefox easier, which in turn makes it easier to find a forum where I can piss and moan about badly coded buggy-as-shit software that should never have been released in it's current state.

But I'm not bitter or anything.

I like the cut of your jib.  I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 09:04:45 PM »

I'm glad you enjoy my misery frown

But seriously, where was the QA on this one? It's a great game but somehow manages to feel like beta software.

In fact, I've played betas that were more technically solid than this.

I may be biased though, since one of those betas was Diablo 2.

*edit*

Oh, and the performance on my Athlon64 4000+, 2GB DDR500, SLI 7800GT rig is total shit whenever trees go transparent.

I can play BF2 in 1600x1200 with full details and high levels of AA/AF, but I can't play this with no AA in 1280x1024 without getting massive slowdown in certain areas.

I thought my laptop was doing ok in 1920x1200, but I have a feeling I'm in for a rude awakening when I get to the orient with my character on there. Wee.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 01:52:53 AM »

Just curious, does your MB have an nForce4 chipset on it?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 01:56:18 AM »

I have a question for those of you who are still having stability and glitch problems: did you have the same problems with the demo?  

I can run the demo fine on my Dell 4700 with a GF 6800 video card.  I ordered my copy from Gogamer last week, but still haven't received it.  I received an email from gogamer saying that it was mailed on Monday, but the USPS tracking system says that it wasn't processed until Wednesday (bummer).

Hopefully, my experience with the demo will carry over to the game.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 02:16:48 AM »

Yeah! My first crash to desktop! Whoo hooo!!!

Still way the hell more fun than Oblivion IMO. smile

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 04:41:40 AM »

Quote from: "KC"
I have a question for those of you who are still having stability and glitch problems: did you have the same problems with the demo?  

I can run the demo fine on my Dell 4700 with a GF 6800 video card.  I ordered my copy from Gogamer last week, but still haven't received it.  I received an email from gogamer saying that it was mailed on Monday, but the USPS tracking system says that it wasn't processed until Wednesday (bummer).

honestly?  i ran the demo fine on my older system (P4-3gHz, 1GB RAM, 9800 Pro), but the full game doesn't run as well.  i played the demo with all high settings at 1280x1024 and it was smooth...full game gets a little choppy in certain situations (transitions into caves mostly) with medium settings at 1024x768.  not only that, but i can't go any higher than medium settings because i have all kinds of texture problems if i try...all the interface and animated textures are missing, and text shows up as white blocks instead of letters.  if i turn off some of the bells and whistles, everything is improved, but it would sure be nice to get the same level of graphics that i experienced in the demo...:x

that said, i'm sure everything will work considerably better with your newer nVidia card...but don't expect a glitch-free game.  i am still having a lot of fun with it though.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
ANZAC
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 03:01:42 PM »

Zero crashes on my low end machine. Runs well except at night (in game).

I have texture and detail set to max, the other two set to low. I am running at 1280x1024 and have an AMD 1800+ with GF3 Ti 200 with 1 gig ram.

I am also still using the Nvidia 81.95 drivers.

Could some of the instability, some are experiencing be linked to the newer drivers?

Byte me
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 02:14:11 AM »

Alright campers, beat that one!

/gauntlet

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 02:52:10 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
[really messed up image]
Alright campers, beat that one!

/gauntlet

how's this?

and it immediately goes away if i drop all the graphics options from high to medium...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 03:22:20 AM »

Disarm, with those sorts of serious problems cropping up only when you put higher stress on the video settings, you may be looking at overheating issues or some sort of memory corruption.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »

Quote from: "KC"

Playing on a Dell Dimension 8400 with GF6800 here. No problems to report (other than FPS stuff, which is no different than demo). Rock solid.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 10:02:14 PM »

Quote from: "EngineNo9"
Disarm, with those sorts of serious problems cropping up only when you put higher stress on the video settings, you may be looking at overheating issues or some sort of memory corruption.

i really don't think it's an issue with my system considering that i have no issues like it in other games that are just as demanding, i can monitor the temps and they're not an issue, and i was able to play the TQ demo for a couple hours straight at high settings without any trouble.  the problems you see in that screenshot only started when i got rid of the TQ demo and installed the full version of the game with the latest patch.  i just wonder if it's an issue with having an old video card that they weren't all the concerned about supporting well (9800 Pro).  in searching for solutions to my problem, i've come across comments from a lot of people about problems with older ATI cards...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: