Been playing quite a bit on the PS3. Here are my impressions.
- Move support is okay but not great and the Dual Shock's analog is a little hard to use so I wish I'd bought the 360 version so I could install the game to the hard drive to decrease loading times.
Thanks for that. I was planning on getting the PS3 version, too, so I appreciate your experience. I like the hard drive option of the 360.
- It plays pretty good and is quite a bit tougher than previous years so you won't be shooting in the 50's. You can also make the AI opponents shoot better with settings as well.
That sounds very good. I hated the ridiculously low scores in previous versions. I also like that the AI opponents can be beefed up.
- The Caddie is okay but you can't turn him all the way off so you will always see his suggestions as far as percentage and club goes. You still have to hit the shot so for newbies it's good but for sim
not so. You don't even know how far each club can hit, there is no distances for any club. When you aim it shows an area where you may hit so that's a little disappointing.
Hmmm... not so promising. I like being able to ask the caddie for rare shots, but most of the time, I don't want to hear or see him. I'm also disappointed that there is no distance information for the clubs.
- Augusta is cool
This is the biggest selling point for me. Glad to hear it's cool.
- The Career mode is better and you won't have to do any Tiger Challenges to level up. You can just play tournaments if you want.
- Putting is difficult and takes some time to get used too.
- There are 20 DLC courses that you can buy Day one for around $50 you can have all of them. Some of them do integrate into the career mode.
- My biggest gripe is lack of stats. There are no stats per course only some personal stats for your entire career.
The sales were low last year so they really went after Augusta and when they got it they thought a lot of new people would be getting the game for the first time or in a long time so they tailored the game
towards the casual market. If you are a sim guy you will still find a lot of good things but it's apparent this wasn't developed for us.
Like you, I wish they had more stats and a better long term sim. However, being able to tee it up at Augusta covers a lot of sins.
Thanks shon. I'll definitely pick this up Friday.