http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 07:30:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiberium  (Read 1213 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:39:30 AM »

CGI video

Gameplay video

Gives me a strong Republic Commando vibe. And I enjoyed that game.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 12:37:57 PM »

*nod*  I didn't get a Renegade feel, which makes me happy.  I'll gladly give FPS C&C another shot for this one.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:44:13 PM »

it kinda makes me want to play C&C 3.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:36:06 PM »

Game Informer had a big cover story on it. I still have a copy of C&C: Renegade rotting on my shelves (I wave it around whenever someone claims a Starcraft FPS would be "awesome!" disgust), and I don't plan to be a C&C Lemming again. There are a lot of shabby shooters bragging about using the Unreal engine so they'll have to "show me."   paranoid

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »

The idea and the setting still have potential. We have to wait to see if it's realized or not in the final product.

I'd have to say I'm intrigued, though. CNC3 is pretty darn good, so there's definately strong source material/inertia going into this. I wouldn't say this is an day one purchase for me, but I eagerly await a demo. I might change my mind (either way)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »

Gamespy got a peek (but no hands-on time) with the XBox360 version. They said it has frame rate problems in its current state. The fact they won't let anyone play it yet suggests that it ... SUCKS!  icon_surprised Nah, I mean they are presumably still a looooong ways from a solid, playable form.

I'll be skeptical about the PC version unless they do like Infinity Ward did with COD4 in terms of having separate development teams on each version. Otherwise my "console game poorly ported to PC" Spider Sense will start beeping... disgust

I'll see if I can dig up the issue (Game Informer) when I get home and I'll share some bits from that. I like the concept.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:11:58 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 08:15:23 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 29, 2008, 08:10:14 PM

Gamespy got a peek (but no hands-on time) with the XBox360 version. They said it has frame rate problems in its current state. The fact they won't let anyone play it yet suggests that it ... SUCKS!  icon_surprised Nah, I mean they are presumably still a looooong ways from a solid, playable form.

I'll be skeptical about the PC version unless they do like Infinity Ward did with COD4 in terms of having separate development teams on each version. Otherwise my "console game poorly ported to PC" Spider Sense will start beeping... disgust

I'll see if I can dig up the issue (Game Informer) when I get home and I'll share some bits from that. I like the concept.

Yeah, I agree with ya there Blackjack...it is possible to see on a monthly basis how some of the ports turn out frown

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »

I am intrigued by this. I don't want to get excited about it-especially with the Gamespy preview-but hey, Renegade actually was pretty good-they could pull this off.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 30, 2008, 06:48:42 PM

I am intrigued by this. I don't want to get excited about it-especially with the Gamespy preview-but hey, Renegade actually was pretty good-they could pull this off.

I liked the Renegade beta when i was in it. Just was never anyone playing when iw as lol. I loved Republic Commando though.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:18:02 AM »

renegade was pretty fun except for some of the boss fights.  i still remember the demo movie when they air drop a tank in and you get to use it destroy a nod base.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »

I liked what I saw in the gameplay trailer and I can see where others are seeing a similarity to Republic Commando. There's a decent preview up now at gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tiberium/news.html?sid=6185200&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

From what they describe, this is sounding like a FPS wth a decent story behind it. It's not due out until the fall, so hopefully they'll have enough time to fix any frame rate issues.
This has now got me itching for another play through of RC, good thing it's BC.  slywink
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:59:15 AM by kronovan » Logged
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 02:29:06 PM »

I should finally fire up that copy of Renegade. I got it a while back to round out my CNC collection and never got around to trying it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: