http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:12:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thief 3 vs. Full Spectrum Warrior  (Read 1339 times)
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2004, 05:33:08 PM »

I was going to shoot for FSW but then I read all those impressions in the Gone Gold forum for Thief 3.  Help!

What games are you guys excited about in the very near future?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 05:42:37 PM »

I am really not very stoked about T3. I am sure I will desperately try to get it in a trade, but unless Eidos sends it along, I doubt I will buy it. I like the idea of the Thief games, but I have always thought that they simply failed ultimately in giving you more than one way to do things. Anyways. FSW looks really, really, really good. If it gets one good review I will probably pick it up.

I am also completely stoked for Riddick, and I know virtually nothing about it. I have just decided its going to rock smile
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 01:25:02 PM »

It really isn't a choice.  

If you enjoyed the first 2 thief games you know exactly what you will be getting so go with Thief.  However it sounds like you don't have a lot of love for the Thief series so all the glowing reviews in the world won't change the basic gameplay (which you say you don't like that much)

Meanwhile FSW seems like a new type of gameplay.  It actually appears inovative rather than just more of the same.  That comes with greater risks so it may suck a lot but at least it is trying something new.

Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 06:27:32 PM »

I played the first two Thief games, but don't really enjoy PC gaming at this point - the Xbox version is awfully tempting though, especially if it sort of has the console feel of Splinter Cell and Thief combined.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: