http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 10:09:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wowhawk thread - Operation: Broken Mirror now available!  (Read 15722 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2007, 11:34:27 PM »

POSSIBLE WARHAWK FIX?!?!?!

Everyone,

As you all know, we have been diligently working on the stats issue. It totally sucks that your stats aren't posting and we take it very, very seriously.

So...some of you may have already noticed that we are bringing the entire system down right now to deploy a server-side patch for out stats database in an attempt to resolve the errors when games post stats. We have performed very thorough internal testing but, as will be the case with any large online game, the ultimate test is to get a huge player base to smash the hell out of it.

I think its fair to say that if this update doesn't resolve the stats issue...you will all let us know! :-P

This update is rolling out RIGHT NOW...servers will be brought off-line, from 4:15pm PDT and will be down until 6:15pm PDT.

Many apologies for this incredibly late notice but we are absolutely committed to making sure you all have great service, and playing Warhawk this weekend with stats fixed has been our #1 priority!!!

I will post again once we have the system back up and running.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »

It's great that they are working on the issues and all that...

But you cannot take the servers down for maintenance BETWEEN 7 AND 10PM ON A FRIDAY NIGHT !!!!

Are you kidding me ???!!!

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2007, 12:38:05 AM »

Quote from: denoginizer on September 07, 2007, 11:42:36 PM

It's great that they are working on the issues and all that...

But you cannot take the servers down for maintenance BETWEEN 7 AND 10PM ON A FRIDAY NIGHT !!!!

Are you kidding me ???!!!
Wow, awful timing-and I dont think I like the whole "you SHOULD be able to get stats from now on". Um, dudes. Your game is online only-its a lot about the stats. FIX THIS SHIT.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2007, 03:59:42 AM »

I GOT STATS!
Instantly got 4 ranks. But that's it.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2007, 04:51:41 AM »

Well, my stats show I played tonight instead of 9/1/07 where it has been stuck at. The bad news is no ribbons, badges or ranks updated. I had a few killer games today that i would have loved to have had stat tracked. Sigh.....
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2007, 02:16:08 PM »

IN!

I suck.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2007, 03:10:36 PM »

well i can no longer get into any servers whatsoever..no idea why,i tried for about 30 minutes trying nearly all on the server list and no matter how many people are in the game 22/24...17/32....12/24 etc...it always says server is full,when i know that it isnt...every server i try it says that SCEE ones player servers,always says that

metal gear solid 3 works fine online on my PS3,resistance works fine motorstorm fine.....but warhawk doesnt,not anymore...the only thing i can think of that has been different is that i havent played since the 1.92 update,but why its just me i dont know...it was pants anyway icon_biggrin...felt like a half assed, half finished game...had it been on xbox live it could of been 100 times better

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2007, 03:18:53 PM »

God, this game is so damn fun.

GGS Cal and Dep, you guys own.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on September 08, 2007, 03:18:53 PM

God, this game is so damn fun.

GGS Cal and Dep, you guys own.
Dude, you're the master sergeant!  YOU OWN!

This morning I tried to play and kept on getting room full errors.  This is aside from the point where I 9/10 times get a "Cannot connect to PSN" error when I try to sign into psn.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »

seems a lot of people are having problems,not sure about PSN ,but connecting to warhawk...on the UK PS3 forums a few people are having errors as well,there was maintanace yesterday,but it doesnt say anything about today having any...i got into a SCEE server before after about 30-40 minutes trying.

can i ask you guys something?...lost capital level,is it me or does that really suck...i like the other levels,but that one is terrible,perhaps my first impression counts as i got stranded on the corner building on my first time on there,or perhaps its because being on foot isnt as open as the other levels

and another question,have you guys tried the motion control for flying?...mine wont stop flying vertically,LOL..just goes right up no matter how much i shake the controller,it just flys up and thats it,so i stick to the sticks...but TBH i am mainly on the ground all the time on foot or ground vehicles...just wish i didnt always get connection problems with this game

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
depward

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2007, 06:29:24 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 08, 2007, 05:54:11 PM

seems a lot of people are having problems,not sure about PSN ,but connecting to warhawk...on the UK PS3 forums a few people are having errors as well,there was maintanace yesterday,but it doesnt say anything about today having any...i got into a SCEE server before after about 30-40 minutes trying.

can i ask you guys something?...lost capital level,is it me or does that really suck...i like the other levels,but that one is terrible,perhaps my first impression counts as i got stranded on the corner building on my first time on there,or perhaps its because being on foot isnt as open as the other levels

and another question,have you guys tried the motion control for flying?...mine wont stop flying vertically,LOL..just goes right up no matter how much i shake the controller,it just flys up and thats it,so i stick to the sticks...but TBH i am mainly on the ground all the time on foot or ground vehicles...just wish i didnt always get connection problems with this game

Lost capital is, sadly, one of my least liked maps as well.  But we played some intense matches on it yesterday.  The key is, if you don't like Warhawking... get into a game (ctf?) where the middle is primarily used.  That way you can use your ground skills.  But do remember that the Warhawks spawn quite frequently on the towers.  And, to get some nice & (relatively) easy team points, capture these small towers.

I do not use motion control for flying.  So no help there   icon_smile

depward

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2007, 11:58:30 PM »

Goddamnit, as much as I love this game, it sucks SO HARD about how I get stupid errors from my PS3 when I try to sign in.  And how I'm playing an excellent game and the warhawk servers go down, making my progress not save.  It's like Sony is TRYING to make me NOT like this game.  UGH

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2007, 12:17:18 AM »

Quote from: depward on September 08, 2007, 06:29:24 PM

Lost capital is, sadly, one of my least liked maps as well.  But we played some intense matches on it yesterday.  The key is, if you don't like Warhawking... get into a game (ctf?) where the middle is primarily used.  That way you can use your ground skills.  But do remember that the Warhawks spawn quite frequently on the towers.  And, to get some nice & (relatively) easy team points, capture these small towers.

I love Lost Capital! It is one of my best wowhawk maps, I almost always get a positive K/D there-which is not that common for me biggrin
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2007, 01:52:56 AM »

Quote from: depward on September 08, 2007, 06:29:24 PM

THAT was for you.

TheMissingLink on PSN
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2007, 11:41:34 PM »

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/22/warhawk-v12-patch/#comments

V1.2 patch will include:

* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

So, after fixing stats and giving the online player a better experience with the v1.1 patch, they will be releasing this patch.

I hopped on and played some Wowhawk awhile ago and it was awesome.  Big props to the developers for making their game better and better (although, a price-drop in concurrence with the v1.2 patch would get even more players online...)

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2007, 11:47:37 PM »

I still really enjoy Wowhawk.  While I've been playing a lot more Halo, I'll pop into Wowhawk and play it occasionally.  With the new patch incoming, it'll definitely make me play more...

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2007, 12:39:39 AM »

Keep this bumped because I'm more interested in this game than Resistance or Motorstorm.  Might actually push me to the darkside and buy a PS3. ninja

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2007, 02:10:39 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on October 22, 2007, 11:41:34 PM

V1.2 patch will include:

* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).

Those 4 are big. 

I stopped playing this because it was very hard to get on a Sony Server and never actually recorded my stats even when I was able to.  It is a very good online game.  Just not as good as Halo or TF2.   It looks like it might still be a nice occasional diversion after this patch.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2007, 02:13:15 AM »

Yeah it's a lot of fun, I just wish more people I knew were playing it.

gellar
depward

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on October 23, 2007, 02:10:39 AM

Quote from: TheMissingLink on October 22, 2007, 11:41:34 PM

V1.2 patch will include:

Those 4 are big. 

I stopped playing this because it was very hard to get on a Sony Server and never actually recorded my stats even when I was able to.  It is a very good online game.  Just not as good as Halo or TF2.   It looks like it might still be a nice occasional diversion after this patch.
Yeah, the stats problem pissed me off too.  But it seems like they have sorted out that problem.  I occasionally still get the "Server is full" error on Sony servers even though... they are not.  But it is not quite as frequent as it was when the game first launched.

Perhaps I will play some WOWhawk tonight...

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2007, 07:52:23 PM »

The KT-424 Combat Dropship is coming via the Omega Dawn expansion.  The developers wanted a "boss" vehicle, and this massive flying behemoth is that vehicle.  It holds 7 people biggrin

The expansion will add Dropship functionality to all maps, plus add a new map called the "Omega Factory."

The expansion will cost $7.99.

I'm playing the hell out of Warhawk again, so I'm definitely grabbing it.  Grenades are the great equilizer biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »

Playing it a lot lately as well.  Wonderful fun game and looking forward to the expansion.

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2007, 09:03:11 PM »

That dropship looks badass.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »

I still want them to make a game mode that's all air combat, but with objectives, and many other airship types.  You get capital ships, corvettes, frigates, etc... duking it out with warhawks darting between them.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2007, 11:09:44 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on December 01, 2007, 09:09:05 PM

I still want them to make a game mode that's all air combat, but with objectives, and many other airship types.  You get capital ships, corvettes, frigates, etc... duking it out with warhawks darting between them.

I agree with that.  For me the main problam with the game is the on-foot combat is pretty bad.  I kind of wish they would allow you to use 1st person view when on foot. 

I also think they should nerf the anti-aircraft turrets a little.  I used to get shot down by turrets may more often than other Warhawks.  It is easier for a foot soldier to take out a Warhawk than for a Warhawk to kill a foot soldier.  That doesn't seem right to me.

The game is pretty good but there are just too many great online shooters out there right now for it to be popular.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 11:12:42 PM by denoginizer » Logged

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2007, 12:11:45 AM »

I'm warming up to the on-foot combat.  It's taken awhile, and I up'd my controller sensitivity, and it's way better then before.  I like how it gives you a lock on a player...but not too much of a lock.  You still need to have the skill to point at the dude with a lock on him biggrin  The grenades are the great equilizer, as well.  Mine's are...frustrating.

Anti-aircraft turrets are ridiculously over-powered.  I think this is intentional, though.  It's an award for having a base.  If they were to nerf them, I would like to see the distance of being able to lock on to a Warhawk decreased.

And believe me, I've had my issues with Warhawks killing...anything.  I need one award to gain my next rank.  It involves me having to kill a foot soldier with a Warhawk and killing someone in a ground vehicle with a Warhawk.  I'm having problems doing both.  And then I need to be in a Warhawk for 10 minutes during a match.  Leveling up isn't like, the be-all, end-all, but I think it would be cool for more character customization options.

I know it's possible to kill shit with a Warhawk, though, because lord knows I get my ass whooped by them constantly.  Maybe I just need more practice.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2007, 12:25:38 AM »

Part of the problem in this game is that there really isn't a "support class" besides hopping in a turret and shooting down warhawks.  Meanwhile some players get really, really good at warhawks and just blow everything out of the sky.

Instead of a "boss" vehicles in this pack, I wish they'd have made a support aircraft or ground vehicle that can provide better ground support.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »

Impressions from TTP who has the review code for Omega Dawn:

Ok, I've spent sime time with Wowhawk and I'm ready to answer your questions. Some Dropship info first.

- The two flight modes are kinda similar in that the both ask you to manouver the beast in hover mode. Let's call them Cruise mode and Combat mode. In Cruise mode you are fairly fast. Not as much as a Warhawk of course, but more than a jeep on the ground. It take some time to get to max speed tho (slow acceleration). In Combat mode, you still hover, but move much much slower and have the 6 cannos out, 3 x side. When using the right stick you can move the crosshair 360 around the Dropship. If you shoot while you are already ponting the crosshairs to one side, the 3 cannons on that side shoot. But if you are pointing forward and shoot, the Dropship kinda drifts in the air so that it rotates 90 and start shooting with side cannons to where you where pointing the creossair.

- Whatever the flight mode, you can pick up tanks or jeeps by just hovering over it and pressing Circle. You release them by pressing Circle as well, You cannot toss them down from the stratosphere. You need to be on a "dismountable" altitude to be allowed to release.

- Now this is interesting. In order to change position within the Dropship, pilot or one of the 6 side turrets (not the aforementioned cannon, there are missile launchers turrets), u have to press Square + D-pad direction as usual BUT you cannot do that mid-air. You have to be close to the ground to move around the ship.

- Missile launchers can rotate 360 as well as almost 90 up and down. They can basically cover the Dropship from enemies coming from whatever direction. Oh god imagine 6 of these acting simultaneously. Turrets cannot be operated if Dropship is in Combat mode (cannons out).

- OMFG is the sound of this beast awesome. It's makes some kind of whom-whom-whom like an alien anti grav engine. And the rhythm of that beat gets faster as u accelerate. It's REALLY scary just to pilot it.

- There are no Chernovan or Eucadian Dropships per se, BUT the livery of the Dropship changes depending on the faction of the pilot on it. It's balck and red when manned by Chernovans. It gets Navy green and brown when manned by Eucadians.

- Hull is very strong. Took 15 Warhawk green missiles and plenty of gun shooting to destroy a parked Dropship.

- Ah, Dropship come equipped with 3 Chaffs. Cannot collect any weapons. Just energy and more chaffs.

The dropship sounds like 100% SO AWESOME

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2007, 07:32:24 PM »

LOL at that guy calling it Wowhawk too.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2007, 12:37:06 AM »

Aaaand a video of the Dropship:

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_5556_en.html

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2007, 01:59:35 AM »

SEXY.

The "whirrl, whirrrl" sound it makes is cool and that thing is a BEAST.  The way it casts a huge shadow on the landscape is awesome as well.  Ooooh boy biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »

I really like warhawk, but I was hoping for more than one new map in the expansion. As it is the expansion will bring the total maps up to a whopping 7, that's just not enough variety. Sony should have a team of people working soley on maps for the game and not new vehicles.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on December 05, 2007, 01:24:14 PM

I really like warhawk, but I was hoping for more than one new map in the expansion. As it is the expansion will bring the total maps up to a whopping 7, that's just not enough variety. Sony should have a team of people working soley on maps for the game and not new vehicles.

I have to agree.  A good comparison is Shadowrun on the 360.  Shadowrun got ripped in reviews because it only included 9 maps.  Warhawk only has 7 even after the expansion and one of them doesn't  include ground combat. In addition Shadowrun included decent bot support and was arguably a much deeper game.  I would have liked to see more than 1 new map in this expansion as well.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:01:02 PM by denoginizer » Logged

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2007, 02:56:49 PM »

Damn.  I didn't know you all were still playing Warhawk.  I need to hook up with you folks.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2007, 03:02:08 PM »

Quote from: DonD on December 05, 2007, 02:56:49 PM

Damn.  I didn't know you all were still playing Warhawk.  I need to hook up with you folks.

I actually haven't played it in weeks.  I keep meaning to go back to it. But there are too many good games and not enough free time right now.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2007, 05:59:04 PM »

depward and I play nightly, DonD. 

Warhawk's got a pretty cool feature that you can take a look at all your buddies' stats.  Along with that, it'll show if they are currently online or not, and even which game they're playing it.  You can join their game from the buddy screen.  So, just join up that way!

TheMissingLink on PSN
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2007, 06:07:52 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 05, 2007, 05:59:04 PM

depward and I play nightly, DonD. 

Warhawk's got a pretty cool feature that you can take a look at all your buddies' stats.  Along with that, it'll show if they are currently online or not, and even which game they're playing it.  You can join their game from the buddy screen.  So, just join up that way!

problem is, you have to actually load up and go into the game to see and do all this

unlike a certain competitor's superior online service... but wait, it would be an abomination to pay a piddly sum for a cool feature like that =P

(don't take this too seriously, but I do truly think that PSN is inferior in every way.  except for cost of course, which I really just don't care about)
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2007, 06:31:30 PM »

icon_lol

KePoW is right, Warhawk is needed to look at the buddy list of Warhawk players, compare stats with other players and join the game that your buddy is currently playing.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2007, 12:34:42 AM »

Wowhawk expansion coming December 20 to the U.K. according to Three Speech:

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=775

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2007, 03:08:19 PM »

It's official Warhawk told me this morning in the news section in the game that the patch is coming on the 20th as well as the expansion. both great news.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: