http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:52:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Witcher: Enhance Edition  (Read 31885 times)
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 03:53:34 PM »

I got The Witcher right around the time this was announced so I shelved it until it's released. I hope it's worth the wait. smile
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on April 03, 2008, 10:22:57 PM

I know many people played through the original release of The Witcher and enjoyed it quite a lot, but I would highly recommend waiting for the patch that includes the new script translation and voice work.  I'm really looking forward to returning to the game once it's been fixed so I can properly follow the plot. Tongue

-Autistic Angel

I'm waiting to start it after the patch so hopefully it won't crash every 1/2 hour.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 08:34:14 PM »

Any official word when the new version will be released in stores and what its price will be?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2008, 10:26:32 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on April 06, 2008, 08:34:14 PM

Any official word when the new version will be released in stores and what its price will be?

May 16th is the worldwide release date, or it's supposed to be.  As for price they haven't said anything yet, but I imagine it'll be 40 or 50 bucks.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
storz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 12:04:07 AM »

Witcher patch 1.3 is out, one new adventure and bunch bug fixes.   The D'jinni editor is also out as well.   icon_lol

The Module Edition Upgrade package updates the Witcher to version 1.3 and adds the functionality of running a user editable module. The sample module has been provided, offering a couple of hours of additional gameplay, which can be altered by the user using the Module Editor. The New Game main menu offers two options now: starting the regular game, or starting new adventure (new module).

WARNING! The Witcher 1.3 Module Edition is only partially compatible with saved games from previous versions (1.0, 1.1a, 1.2). Loading older saved games is still possible but may lead to unexpected behavior and other problems. The players are advised to restart the game from the beginning using The Witcher 1.3 Module Edition.

Gameplay and text bugs fixed:
- Fixed various localization issues for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish languages,
- Fixed combat abilities 'Patinado' and 'Sinister' issue when proper modifier has not been applied correctly under given circumstances,

Code bugs fixed:
- Fixed a few random crashes in Prologue and Chapters 1, 2 and 3,
- Fixed crash in Act 4 when running near exit to lakeside from village to inn,
- Fixed game crash when using Alt+Tab, especially while loading location or game,
- Fixed dialogue camera shots on standing up characters,
- Fixed issue with 'Game Paused' text disappear occasionally after exiting game panel when game was paused during opening of a panel,
- Fixed issue with disabled attack when player holds block for a long time and then immediately tries to strike,
- Fixed various issues regarding mousedrive steering and pathfinding,
- Fixed weapon enchants not updating properly when switching weapon slots or dropping weapon from inventory panel,
- Fixed issue with Geralt not attacking immobile creatures or not approaching objects from a certain distance,
- Fixed issue with blocking middle mouse button during some cutscenes and when fistfight starts,
- Fixed occasional issues with sheathing weapon after combat and on Alt+Tab,
- Fixed issue with breaking meditation mode if Geralt is attacked when entering meditation,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2008, 12:27:00 AM »

here's a link to the patch page.

Because I can,
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2008, 12:28:29 AM »

Quickl question...did the us enhance version have the same content as the european version?  Nudity, gore, and what not.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on April 11, 2008, 12:28:29 AM

Quickl question...did the us enhance version have the same content as the european version?  Nudity, gore, and what not.

well, since the enhance edition isn't out yet I'll just have to guess, and that guess would be no  Tongue

Because I can,
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2008, 01:34:28 AM »

That is cool, so I will just import it again smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2008, 01:39:08 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on April 11, 2008, 01:34:28 AM

That is cool, so I will just import it again smile

well, if you already have the import version they are supposed to be making the enhanced patch available for download.

Because I can,
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2008, 05:58:45 AM »

It will fix all the issues?  Or is it just a rumor?

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2008, 12:05:29 PM »

The Witcher: Delayed Edition.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2008, 02:20:28 PM »

crud.  I'm not all that surprised though, especially with the delay for the editor/mini module.  As bad as they are with scheduling stuff I'm hoping (in vain) they don't announce Witcher 2 until it's gone gold.

Because I can,
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »

I will be ready for this whenever it comes out, and will likely pick this new version up the first day it's available in stores.  It's pretty cool that they're doing this to a game that's already out and that already has heaps of praise. 

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
tgb1.1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2008, 04:59:56 PM »

My copy has been sitting on the shelf since Feb. waiting for this.  I have plenty of stuff to play in the meantime, though.

"My performance in Postal as 'Nazi Theme Park Owner' outperforms easily Ben Kingsley in Schindler's List!" - Uwe Boll
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »

Sad news, they pushed the date back. This week they should have new details about it's release. Shame, I already beat it, but wanted to play it again with the fixes.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2008, 10:45:12 PM »

I fired up the new adventure earlier... there's no voiceovers!!!  After playing the original game it feels very jarring not to have any voice work-  I know it's a free module  but still that means I have to read!  crybaby Tongue

oh, and the new erotic cards stink:

Spoiler for really doesn't ruin the game and SFW:
she's touching her thigh.  how.hawt.

slightly better:

Because I can,
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2008, 04:23:59 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on April 20, 2008, 07:45:57 PM

Sad news, they pushed the date back. This week they should have new details about it's release. Shame, I already beat it, but wanted to play it again with the fixes.

I'm looking forward to the enhancement, but I really hope this whole "new retail package" they are preparing doesn't blow up in their face.  I really have a hard time believing all that many more people will be buying it.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on April 21, 2008, 04:23:59 AM

Quote from: jersoc on April 20, 2008, 07:45:57 PM

I'm looking forward to the enhancement, but I really hope this whole "new retail package" they are preparing doesn't blow up in their face.  I really have a hard time believing all that many more people will be buying it.

what are you refering to? How can this blow up in their face? If you own it you don't have to rebuy it. Is that what you mean? I'm seriously confused by that statement. It's not like this is the first company to release this type of thing. I actually think this will cause them to sell more copies. I was almost put off by the crap load times and the translations with subtitles made me double take a lot. Little clarification is needed here.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2008, 04:07:52 PM »

D'jinni editor, Prince of Neutrality adventure, and patch 1.3 are out

http://newsletter.thewitcher.com/en/2008-05.html

In other news, I just received from Amazon the book the game is based on.

Can I play it yet?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2008, 04:31:51 PM »

man, those newsletter guys are behind a bit.  That stuff's been out since April.

Because I can,
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2008, 05:53:36 PM »

That stuff's been out since April.

I was seeing this game now turn up ~$35, as I was wondering if they had released the enhanced edition (or if such a thing was ever actually going to be released).  If I but the regular version, I can just download the new stuff, correct?

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »

Quote from: Big Jake on May 30, 2008, 05:53:36 PM

That stuff's been out since April.

I was seeing this game now turn up ~$35, as I was wondering if they had released the enhanced edition (or if such a thing was ever actually going to be released).  If I but the regular version, I can just download the new stuff, correct?

the enhanced edition isn't out yet (still no ETA), but they've said people who already own the game/previous retail version will be able to download the enhancements as a patch.

Because I can,
Tampa_Gamer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2008, 11:25:27 PM »

Meant to pick this up when the price came down as many have recommended it.  I am interested in utilizing the mod that re-inserts the censored portions from the US translation (the one PCGamer mentioned last month).  So which version do I need to buy?

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
-General George S. Patton
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2008, 12:38:51 AM »

Quote from: Tampa_Gamer on May 30, 2008, 11:25:27 PM

Meant to pick this up when the price came down as many have recommended it.  I am interested in utilizing the mod that re-inserts the censored portions from the US translation (the one PCGamer mentioned last month).  So which version do I need to buy?

the regular retail version works with that mod, but just to warn you the one I tried put all the voice overs back to Polish.  as far as I remember the only thing changed were the Erotic collectible cards.

Because I can,
Tampa_Gamer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 03:31:04 AM »

Thanks for the heads up.  The PCGamer article made it sound like it was strictly restoring the original script, and thus enhancing the character depth, etc.  I am really not interested in it if all it changes is the cards.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
-General George S. Patton
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2008, 04:01:13 AM »

Quote from: Tampa_Gamer on May 31, 2008, 03:31:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  The PCGamer article made it sound like it was strictly restoring the original script, and thus enhancing the character depth, etc.  I am really not interested in it if all it changes is the cards.

From what I understood when the game was first released, the only difference between the US and Euro versions was that a few cards were altered and one in game NPC was put into skimpy clothes instead of fully nude.  So it wasn't a huge difference.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2008, 04:36:06 AM »

I believe the US Paperback version of the book just came out.
I might pick that up and read it before playing the game.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »

Anyone know how much of a spoiler that may (or may not) be?  icon_confused

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on June 02, 2008, 01:29:40 PM

Anyone know how much of a spoiler that may (or may not) be?  icon_confused

I've only read about 100 pages into it, but the story about Geralt and the Strega is covered in the opening cinematic. It's not really a spoiler as that doesn't really factor into the actual game plot; it's there to show the player what a witcher does.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2008, 05:27:32 PM »

The story in the book takes place years (about 10, IIRC) prior to the story in the game, so no spoilers. It will introduce you to the world, as well as some of the NPC's from the game, which is nice.

In fact, the game takes place a few years after the entire series of the books, which consists of 6 or 7 books. The one published in the US is the first book of the series. So you can read the entire series (if you speak other languages) and it won't spoil the game. And the series is awesome, btw.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »

Thanks, that's great to know. I'm waiting on the Enhanced Edition to start a serious run-though of the game. Picked up the book and when it started telling in detail the story of the Strega from the intro, I was worried it might spoiler things in the game. Good to know it won't.  icon_biggrin

-craig

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2008, 05:39:34 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on June 03, 2008, 05:33:07 PM

Thanks, that's great to know. I'm waiting on the Enhanced Edition to start a serious run-though of the game. Picked up the book and when it started telling in detail the story of the Strega from the intro, I was worried it might spoiler things in the game. Good to know it won't.  icon_biggrin
I've been waiting to start a real runthrough as well, ever since loading issues made me give up-I am a little frustrated they have delayed the extended edition so much, but its a lot of free stuff and I theoretically have other stuff toplay-but still.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »

I also just started reading the book.  I'm only about 20 pages in, but so far it's surprisingly well-written, especially so given that it's a translation.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Enigma
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »

Hurry up and release this enhanced edition already!  I bought this game 3 months ago and have been patiently waiting to play it.  Now I may just have to buy Mass Effect or AOC while I'm waiting.

Now Playing:
PS3: Demon Souls
PC:   Diablo III, Saints Row 3, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery)
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2008, 08:37:34 PM »

I am also waiting on the retranslated Enhanced Edition to restart the game.  Amazon has it tentatively listed for commercial release on September 16th, but I suspect that's just a placeholder date.

Regarding the novel, is this the right one?

-Autistic Angel
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2008, 11:12:56 PM »

That's the game. The novel, entitled 'The Last Wish' is this.

-craig

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2008, 12:52:58 AM »

Quote from: Enigma on June 03, 2008, 07:41:32 PM

Hurry up and release this enhanced edition already!  I bought this game 3 months ago and have been patiently waiting to play it.  Now I may just have to buy Mass Effect or AOC while I'm waiting.

it could be worse-  I bought Knight of the Old Republic 2 in anticipation of the restoration project being done about a year and a half ago.

Because I can,
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2008, 06:24:15 PM »

Team Gizka finds your lack of faith ... disturbing  icon_lol  (fwiw, the current build as reported is 1.0b8, and public release is 1.0c1 so keep hanging in there - only another year or so!  Tongue )
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2008, 03:05:26 PM »

First half of September, apparently.

On a related note, I read The Last Wish and found it surprisingly good, especially given that it was a translation.

Gamertag = IkeV
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: