http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 03:01:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Witcher 1.5 is out today, Enhanced Directors Cut due July 31st  (Read 8664 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 01:17:02 AM »

Quote from: El-Producto on July 09, 2009, 12:53:52 AM

Man, this is the game I've been dying to play, but I wish it was cheaper on Steam.  I'm not going to spend $40US on a year old game, no matter how good it is.  I'm cheap.
it's hard to believe it's going on 2 years- it came out in October 2007.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 01:59:41 AM »

First time I played i gave up in the 2nd big part of town. i wonder whatI missed? Maybe with this patch I should go back. Some of the stuff back then would just bring my old system to it's knees though it did well in most areas.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 02:51:20 AM »

Man, this is the game I've been dying to play, but I wish it was cheaper on Steam.  I'm not going to spend $40US on a year old game, no matter how good it is.  I'm cheap.

Do they think they're Blizzard with that pricing? I'm in the same boat. I keep waiting for someone to offer it on sale.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 03:08:21 AM »

I understand the sentiment, but this game is honestly worth that price.

You might could find a copy in a brick and mortar and patch it up on the cheap, though.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 03:37:50 AM »

So, I bought this back when it came out (the import version, for teh b00bz) but still haven't played it.  The patch notes say that the 1.4 patch should be installed first, but I can't find it.  I think I downloaded it when the enhanced edition came out last year or so.   Which is a longish way of asking what order do I have to install what in?  My big folder full of witcher patches has a giant enhanced edititon patch, an english language patch and a half dozen intermediate patches.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 03:42:07 AM »

Enhanced Edition is the version 1.4, so what you need is to install from game cd/dvd, then install enhanced edition patch before this new version 1.5 patch.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 03:59:22 AM »

Thanks.  Ok, so disk to 1.4 (EE) patch to 1.5 patch.  Looks like I also have an English language patch and a blood patch.  When should I install those, if at all?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 04:30:51 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on July 09, 2009, 03:59:22 AM

Thanks.  Ok, so disk to 1.4 (EE) patch to 1.5 patch.  Looks like I also have an English language patch and a blood patch.  When should I install those, if at all?

English Language patch is part of the EE patch, you don't need to run it directly.

As for Blood patch, I'm not sure. I don't use that. I think it is to fix blood censoring after installing EE patch on US English version. If you don't notice that you have problem with blood not appearing or blood is not needed for you to enjoy the game then don't install it.

If you notice Blood is missing and you want to fix that, then install the blood patch.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 12:43:05 PM »

I was happy and ready to try this out.

Find disc, box - no problem
Install game, download 1.4 and 1.5 while it works - no problem
Go to install 1.4...hmmm must be registered - no problem
Enter code from manual - problem.  I have no idea where the manual is and haven't seen it in over a year.

Evidently I either never registered the game when I got it back at release or I never got the email with my code confirmation.  Either way after two complete machine wipes there is no trace of the older version.  I don't know if it's worth the hassle at this point to have to contact Atari and try to get another key.

Please developers and publishers...put the damn key on the CD/DVD and not in the gd book.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »

Thinking of trying this game this weekend.     Wife and kids are out of town leaving me with hours and hours of time to play games.

This thing is 2 years old though -- is it worth my $40?  Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 03:56:43 PM »

well, it does hold up better than Bama's drive to the National Championship.

icon_twisted

seriously though, I've had alot of fun with the game and I splurged on the European edition to get it early.  I'd say it's easiy worth 40 bucks.  there's a demo, out you might want to check it out.

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 09, 2009, 02:58:21 PM

This thing is 2 years old though -- is it worth my $40?  Tongue

Yes.  The Witcher is a mature role-playing game, not because of the liberal cursing or collectible playing cards Geralt receives in exchange for sex, but because it doesn't treat morality as a sharply divided choice between extreme altruism or extreme depravity.  Temeria is a colorful place, struggling as much with its internal superstitions, greed, and racism as with monsters and ghouls, and the decisions you make in one chapter can make a big impact on later story points.

I also like the flashy swordplay, alchemy and "magic" systems, and the ways the game rewards you for taking the time to research the enemies you fight.  The English translation was really poor in the original release -- so much so that I'd completely lost track of the plot by the fourth or fifth chapter -- but I think the "Enhanced Edition" re-release is noticeably better on that front.

-Autistic Angel
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »

sex

Ok you sold me.

icon_biggrin
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 04:11:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 09, 2009, 03:56:43 PM

well, it does hold up better than Bama's drive to the National Championship.

DOH!
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »

I bought Witcher.  Will advise in 24 hours.... smile
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 10, 2009, 06:01:01 PM

I bought Witcher.  Will advise in 24 hours.... smile

Whatever you do, make sure you actually finish the game. The events of the last hour are extremely vital to everything that happens throughout the entire game. And that's all I'm going to say about that. Enjoy! smile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2009, 03:46:47 PM »

okay, couldnt find this anywhere, but damn its fun - They advertised the new Witcher game, for Handheld consoles! Here's a list of features:

Advanced 2D technology pushes the 8-bit processor to its limits to create the most realistic graphics in the history of games.

32-colour display allows for incredibly vivid landscapes. Note: half of the colours are not visible because the platform supports only 16 colours.

Prototype “Motion Capture” technology gives Geralt an unprecedented three (3) life-like animations.

Open world allows you to travel left and right through the “game world” without any limitations. In the future we will introduce “up” and “down” directions as paid DLC.

Unlimited gameplay allows you to travel left and right as long as you want.

Decisions and inconsequence system ensures that everything is scripted so your actions in the game don’t influence the outcome at all. No more worrying if you’ve made the wrong choice!

Advanced physics system brings Geralt to life. Watch him jump in the air and automatically come down to the ground again. He does it totally on his own - you don’t have to press down or anything like that.

FREAK system, or Fully Realistic Environment and Killing system, does away with archaic save/load mechanics. If you die, the game will cease to work. So don’t die.

Powerful weapons and armour are provided right at the beginning of the game, so you don’t have to worry about finding better equipment or deciding between two swords or whatever.

Advanced combat system features millions of possible attack sequences using combinations of a melee attack and a magic spell. Like hit, spell, spell. Or hit, hit, hit. Or spell, spell, hit, spell, hit. Or hit, hit, spell, spell, spell, spell, hit, hit, spell.

Two revolutionary cooperative multiplayer modes allow you to play with a limitless number of friends. Play, then pass it to your friend and watch them play! Or wield the incredible power of the D-Pad while your friends harnesses the incredible power of the A and B buttons!

this was, of course, their april 1st joke :-D

A new one
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

Not read all this thread but got a question. Im thinking of repurchasing it. Last time I had only the normal release game. But Im seeing the normal one for $29 and the enhanced edition for $39. Is'nt all the stuff in the enhanced edition FREE to those who have the normal version? Why pay $10 more for the EE version?

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on July 12, 2009, 05:32:00 PM

Not read all this thread but got a question. Im thinking of repurchasing it. Last time I had only the normal release game. But Im seeing the normal one for $29 and the enhanced edition for $39. Is'nt all the stuff in the enhanced edition FREE to those who have the normal version? Why pay $10 more for the EE version?

its a few Gb's worth of download, so thats probably why - as someone else told me, there are still a lot of people on dialup in the US, they'd spend weeks downloading it. But other than that - its free yes

A new one
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2009, 09:42:42 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on July 12, 2009, 05:42:27 PM

Quote from: Daehawk on July 12, 2009, 05:32:00 PM

its a few Gb's worth of download, so thats probably why - as someone else told me, there are still a lot of people on dialup in the US, they'd spend weeks downloading it. But other than that - its free yes

FYI - note that the EE comes with 5 disks (game,music,soundtrack,editor,making of) plus a map and two printed 'books' - one is a short story excerpted from 'The Last Wish' and the other is the 'Official Game Guide'. All of that is free to download, I do believe but this gets you the map and manuals printed plus the physical media.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2009, 10:40:37 PM »

Well that sounds like a better deal after all. Have to see how finances are at the start of the month.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2009, 11:50:11 PM »

Keep in mind, last I checked the 1.4 EE patch had problems with windows 7.  So, if you're running that just get the full one.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2009, 08:33:02 PM »

Nope Im XP. Umm I now see where they are releasing a EE Director's Cut. But its all digital. Depending on price Im guessing that buying the EE in the box then upgrading with a free patch might still be best if I want the box, manuals, and such..which I do.

Man that company is AWESOME! At this rate The Witcher 2 will come out in about 6 - 7 years and do me till Im about 57 or so.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:40:20 AM by Daehawk » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 12:40:16 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on July 14, 2009, 08:33:02 PM

Nope Im XP. Umm I now see where they are releasing a EE Director's Cut.

since chucklehead can't get the link right  Tongue

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 03:39:16 AM »

Thats weird . I posted in here then I could swear i posted that wrong link up there later in the day over on OO. How that happened I got no idea.

Thanks for the back-up CK. Fixed the link BTW.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 02:21:28 PM »

I've been holding out on my Witching thinking I wanted the EE to drop in price.  However, I may just grab the Steam "now with boobies" version, though waiting for the inevitable sale wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2009, 12:13:01 AM »

Enhanced Directors Cut is due July 31st.

Because I can,
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »

so for summary... the "Director's Cut" is the North American version of TW:EE with the v1.5 and the 'uncensor' patches. i thought that TW:EE was already uncensored?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 10:21:35 PM »

AFAIK TW:EE was still censored.

Because I can,
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 11:11:22 PM »

Well, it took three weeks but Atari finally sent me a new product key.  Honestly I had forgotten about it.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2009, 10:45:26 PM »

Director's Edition is available now.  294MB.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2009, 01:53:29 AM »

Excellent.  Now all I have to do is wait for Steam to put it on sale, or to find a cheap version of the Enhanced Edition in a store.

El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »

Does this directors cut give me bewbies?    eek

"Goonies never say die"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2009, 08:21:17 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on August 01, 2009, 08:17:49 PM

Does this directors cut give me bewbies?    eek

I thought you already had bewbies  icon_wink

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2009, 07:51:42 AM »

How many friggin' versions are there of this game?? gods its confusing!

started it again, loving it, although, I havent tried playing any of the adventure modules - anyone given them a whirl?

A new one
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2009, 02:31:56 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 03, 2009, 07:51:42 AM

How many friggin' versions are there of this game?? gods its confusing!

1.X original game
1.4 enhanced edition
1.5 removes CD check, adds 5 fan adventures

Director's Cut -only for North American versions of the game.  If you got it elsewhere, you don't need it.  Changes the censored version to the version the rest of the world already had.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »

If you check the front page, we have uploaded the 1.5 patch and the director's cut patch.

Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2009, 12:02:44 AM »

Awesome.  I couldn't get the link to work on the official Witcher page.
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2009, 12:35:35 AM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on August 04, 2009, 12:02:44 AM

Awesome.  I couldn't get the link to work on the official Witcher page.

Me too, but try the link on GT's front page which is working.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:40:42 AM by frost » Logged
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2009, 12:53:39 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on August 03, 2009, 10:39:00 PM

If you check the front page, we have uploaded the 1.5 patch and the director's cut patch.

Wow, you guys will do anything to get us to the front page huh?  slywink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: