http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 05:38:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist 8-10-2012  (Read 599 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »

It's... the Weekend Playlist!

watching Hell on Wheels got me back into the Red Dead Redemption mood, and last night I finished up the hunting challenges so I can have most of them cleared as I make the final push.  so it will be that on the 360, and I may take a shot at Sam & Max season 2 on the PC.

what are y'all playing this weekend?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »

BF3 360 - still playing this although lately been having some problems with lag or hitreg or just plain bad aim.
Too Human - almost through with this finally. Getting a couple more achievements and done.
??? - Thinking either AC1, Metro2033, Darksiders, Wolverine:Origins, or something I can knock out of the backlog semi quickly.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on August 10, 2012, 04:05:39 PM

??? - Thinking either AC1, Metro2033, Darksiders, Wolverine:Origins, or something I can knock out of the backlog semi quickly.

Darksiders is the best pick off that list by a good margin.  

As much as Metro 2033 has going for it, there's still enough eastern European jank to produce weird difficulty spikes, trial and error sequences, and other spontaneous frustrations.  I'm personally of the opinion that you should not waste your time playing Assassin's Creed 1 *ever,* but since I know some people still find value in its terrible mission structure and listless story, I'll move towards a middle ground and recommend that you only play it if Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, and Revelations somehow leave you hungry for more.  Wolverine is an incredibly forgettable action game which should probably only exist for the purpose of inspiring this.

Darksiders is a highly polished Zelda clone with a cool comic book aesthetic, amazing sound design, clever puzzles, weighty and responsive combat, and a surprisingly engaging story.  I highly recommend it! thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:49 PM »

Just installed Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and fully modded them all week. Just started F3 and arrived in Megaton, that's my weekend filled in.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 10, 2012, 04:28:25 PM

Darksiders is a highly polished Zelda clone with a cool comic book aesthetic, amazing sound design, clever puzzles, weighty and responsive combat, and a surprisingly engaging story.  I highly recommend it! thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
Yeah, I started it in the past and got a little ways into it but it's been a while now. Definitely have to restart it this time if I go with that one. Although, that Wolverine thing has me piqued. icon_smile

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:46 PM »

The summer gaming lull is a dangerous time for me.  When there's nothing that really interests me, my gamer ADD kicks into overdrive and I end up buying a whole bunch of games I'm only passingly interested in and hoping one of them clicks.  As evidenced by the past 3 weeks which have seen me try and bounce between Book of Unwritten Tales, Rainbow Moon, Spectral Souls, Rage, Transformers:  War for Cybertron, Dear Ester, Gungnir, and Warlock.

Decided to go back to one of my "rainy day" games instead, which hopefully will keep me off the gaming carousel.  Fired up Tactics Ogre last night.  This is a game that I got 20 hours into previously, but managed to severely gimp my party and miss a ton of recruitable characters in the process.  I have a strategy guide this time, so I'm going to give it another concerted effort.  It also gives me a reason to blow the dust off my Vita (which I had tried to sell and not a single person was interested).

Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 08:43:22 PM »

Dungeon Siege 3. Picked this up cheap in the Steam sale. I have no idea how a dev can decide a camera system like this is okay, and the game is a way simplified action RPG, but it does scratch that itch for me. Glad I didn't pay more than $5 for it though.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »

Quote from: Greg Wak on August 10, 2012, 08:43:22 PM

Dungeon Siege 3. Picked this up cheap in the Steam sale. I have no idea how a dev can decide a camera system like this is okay, and the game is a way simplified action RPG, but it does scratch that itch for me. Glad I didn't pay more than $5 for it though.

I really enjoyed DS3, one of my favorites from last year.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »

I have no life and I'm very boring!  That said, what will I be playing all weekend?  Of course, the same MMO I've been playing for over a year - Forsaken World, sigh...

That is all, thank you for listening, go back to your more exciting lives!

icon_eek

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 03:40:23 PM »

I have to finish moving some remaining things into my grad apartment in Tucson, then I think I'll "christen" my den of solitude by enjoying a few frosty cold ones and continuing on with Red Dead Redemption.  After finishing most of my backlog following surgery, there isn't much left to choose from except for Skyrim, but I probably won't get into that until after I get a better feel for how demanding the semester will be. 

I may also try to get some MP MW3 or BlOps in with friends to ease into the feeling of solitude associated with starting a graduate semester almost two hours from home. 

Feeling a combinatinon of  icon_cool  icon_frown  paranoid  dude    The drink that never ends. and of course  SCIENCE! all thrown into one.  Guess that sums up to retard

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 11, 2012, 03:40:23 PM

there isn't much left to choose from except for Skyrim, but I probably won't get into that until after I get a better feel for how demanding the semester will be. 

Oh, I'm sure school will be a breeze.  You'll have plenty of time for roaming around Skyrim. 

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 11, 2012, 03:48:17 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on August 11, 2012, 03:40:23 PM

there isn't much left to choose from except for Skyrim, but I probably won't get into that until after I get a better feel for how demanding the semester will be. 

Oh, I'm sure school will be a breeze.  You'll have plenty of time for roaming around Skyrim. 

You're right.  Who am I kidding?  Modesty isn't one of my strongsuits, anyway.  My wife, brother-in-law, and I all watch a lot of Big Bang Theory together, and before parting ways this morning they both joked that I will likely be the Sheldon of my group of roommates.  Only I don't think they were joking.   ninja

I already have a foreign roommate (from Switzerland), so I've got my Raj, with me we have a Sheldon, so all that's left is a McCoy and we could have ourselves an away team.   

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

You need to pick up an undergrad as a redshirt.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 05:07:37 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 10, 2012, 03:58:03 PM

It's... the Weekend Playlist!

watching Hell on Wheels got me back into the Red Dead Redemption mood, and last night I finished up the hunting challenges so I can have most of them cleared as I make the final push.  so it will be that on the 360, and I may take a shot at Sam & Max season 2 on the PC.

what are y'all playing this weekend?

and I am done with Red Dead Redemption!  now onto that zombie foolishness.  I also ended up firing up AssCreedRev on the PC.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »

Just under 11 hours with Tactics Ogre, finished Chapter 1.  That damn Vita gets awfully uncomfortable after marathon sessions though.

Also spent an hour with Dungeons from the Steam sale.  Meh.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »

I played Borderlands on my other gamertag

The game is still massive Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »

Once I got settled in my new apartment, did some grocery shopping, and felt confident in being ready for today's orientation, I spent a majority of Sunday playing Red Dead Redemption.  That was it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: