http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 07:29:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The weekend playlist - 7/11  (Read 675 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2014, 12:11:48 AM »

Wow, where is everyone today?

Well, I've got Sniper Elite 3, a bunch of steam games and no time to play.   What have you got planned for this weekend?

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »

I couldn't access the GT forums for all of yesterday and Thursday evening, so maybe other folks had the same problem.

I'm mostly playing the Pathfinder P'n'P RPG and doing some medieval wargaming with the Infidel boardgame. For any time I have for videogames I'll be continuing with Risen and probably put in some time with the early access game I Shall Remain.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »

Whew!  now that the forums are back up....Sniper Elite III and, of all things, KOTOR 2.  Turns out I never finished it.   Gonna rectify that problem.

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Sniper Elite III.  Never played the other ones, but there is something satisfying about scoring a headshot from clear across the map....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »

Replaying StarCraft 2:Wings of Liberty's story mode to refresh my memory before starting StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:55:18 PM »

Quote from: biggercup on July 12, 2014, 02:50:39 PM

Replaying StarCraft 2:Wings of Liberty's story mode to refresh my memory before starting StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.

I enjoyed HOTS far more than Wings of Liberty.  Just talking about it makes me kinda wanna play it again.  (and that, kids, is how backlogs are born!)

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 12, 2014, 02:37:13 PM

Whew!  now that the forums are back up....Sniper Elite III and, of all things, KOTOR 2.  Turns out I never finished it.   Gonna rectify that problem.

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Sniper Elite III.  Never played the other ones, but there is something satisfying about scoring a headshot from clear across the map....

are you playing on PS4?  I'd like to try this out in co-op as it could be a lot of fun.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 03:37:16 PM »

Quote from: Caine on July 12, 2014, 03:35:00 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 12, 2014, 02:37:13 PM

are you playing on PS4?  I'd like to try this out in co-op as it could be a lot of fun.
I am indeed.  Hit me up and we'll do some co-op!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »

Goal is to finally really dive into Divinity but I am not sure that us going to happen. Tour de France, World Cup, and family requirements are keeping me from much outside of iPad games. So probably just try to get into OTTTD.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »

Sniper 3 - XB1
The Red Solstice - PC
Star Conflict - PC
Probably some Dawn of War 2 campaign

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 05:06:24 PM »

Rather than roll back my Shadowrun game, last night I fired up XCOM for the first time since I played the demo way back when.  Similar combat, different story, deeper game mechanics.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 05:34:51 PM »

Divinity: Original Sin, along with work.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 06:08:10 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on July 12, 2014, 04:56:40 PM

Sniper 3 - XB1
The Red Solstice - PC
Star Conflict - PC

Tell us how Red Solstice is please.  I've heard good things, but I'd rather get it from somebody I trust.  smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 06:09:46 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on July 12, 2014, 05:06:24 PM

Rather than roll back my Shadowrun game, last night I fired up XCOM for the first time since I played the demo way back when.  Similar combat, different story, deeper game mechanics.

Shadowrun Dragonfall....sigh.  I was probably 3/4 though the game and then *poof*, save files disappeared.  Oh wait, that happened in Shadowrun Returns too.  :/  

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »

Divinity Original Sin

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:44 PM »

I've been playing (or I guess replaying) Far Cry 3, now that I have a PC that can handle it. I played it first in December 2012 on the 360 but burned out on it long before I finished the main campaign. After picking up the Far Cry franchise on the Steam Summer Sale I set a goal of giving each game a try. I'm now on FC3.

One of the reasons I burned out on FC3 before was that I spent a lot of effort just going from collectable to collectable. This time I decided to spend time enjoying the scenery. I know Ubisoft isn't a favorite among a lot of players, but I love open world games and Far Cry 3 has such a massive amount of things to see and do. I spent an hour this afternoon just walking along the shore, picking up the occasional chest, shooting the occasional cassowary or being eaten for lunch by the occasional white tiger icon_eek

By the way, this is my first weekend playlist posting; since I'm retired I play pretty much every day icon_wink

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:47 PM »

A huge patch for FFXIV hit this week, adding a whole bunch of new stuff.  Will be running the new dungeons and starting on my wild hunting log.

Trying to resist the temptation of the new Divinity game as well.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 11:49:53 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 12, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

Sniper 3 - XB1
The Red Solstice - PC
Star Conflict - PC

Tell us how Red Solstice is please.  I've heard good things, but I'd rather get it from somebody I trust.  smile

It is buggy, but very fun!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 12:26:51 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 12, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

Sniper 3 - XB1
The Red Solstice - PC
Star Conflict - PC

Very much a game still in beta, but already out many hours in. High learning curve, very deep once you get a few games played.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 03:45:14 AM »

I've been chipping away at Child of Light. While the combat can get a little tedious, I'm still enjoying it a great deal.

I also had a surprise play session today. My son (2) decided he wanted to play a game today, picking up my Xbox controller and pointing at the TV. I didn't really have anything installed but Guacamelee, which I had downloaded as the freebie this month and had never tried.

He had a BLAST just making the guy move and jump. Then my daughter, who is almost 5, came in and she started playing co-op with him. She could actually control it well enough to fight some of the more basic enemies, so they were going to town on it. I got so wrapped up in the fun they were having that when they got tired of it I wound up playing another hour or so myself. It really is a terrific game and I got hooked pretty hard!
More importantly, though, I saw a glimpse of my next-gen gaming buddies!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 07:25:14 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on July 13, 2014, 03:45:14 AM

I've been chipping away at Child of Light. While the combat can get a little tedious, I'm still enjoying it a great deal.

I also had a surprise play session today. My son (2) decided he wanted to play a game today, picking up my Xbox controller and pointing at the TV. I didn't really have anything installed but Guacamelee, which I had downloaded as the freebie this month and had never tried.

He had a BLAST just making the guy move and jump. Then my daughter, who is almost 5, came in and she started playing co-op with him. She could actually control it well enough to fight some of the more basic enemies, so they were going to town on it. I got so wrapped up in the fun they were having that when they got tired of it I wound up playing another hour or so myself. It really is a terrific game and I got hooked pretty hard!
More importantly, though, I saw a glimpse of my next-gen gaming buddies!

Awesome.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 06:19:50 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 12, 2014, 10:57:47 PM

A huge patch for FFXIV hit this week, adding a whole bunch of new stuff.  Will be running the new dungeons and starting on my wild hunting log.

Did you ever find the other six Atma Crystals you needed to build a new weapon?

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on July 13, 2014, 06:19:50 PM

Quote from: Gratch on July 12, 2014, 10:57:47 PM

Did you ever find the other six Atma Crystals you needed to build a new weapon?

-Autistic Angel

Yep.  Now working on the next level grind.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 02:42:55 AM »

I had another random game weekend.  Reinstalled NFS: Most Wanted and played a bit of that.  It's still fun, but something about it never grabs me. 

Continued playing Sir, You're Being Hunted until it frustrated me again.  I probably won't even finish it once at this pace.

And then spent a few more hours in State of Decay: Breakdown.  Much harder the second time around, not sure I want to go for the third one to up the difficulty again.  I was also bummed that only one of my survivors came over when I escaped, I thought you got to choose a few.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »

I've progressed so much further in Watchdogs than I thought I would.  I'm firmly compelled to complete it now, and while I hold firm on the opinion that it is inferior to Imfamous Second Son, I was overly harsh and no longer regret my purchase.

Never going to say told you so, as we all suffer from the incompetence.  Also, climate change, as articulated by the global warming fools, is total shite.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:12 PM »

Trying to get banned from Console / PC Gaming as well?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 11:20:19 PM »

I made a serious dent in Child of Light over the weekend. I should be able to finish it up tonight or tomorrow. Once that's done I'll take a little hiatus from console gaming and continue The Wolf Among Us.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 07:07:49 PM »

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 12:27:48 AM »

Not on you for posting what is in your signature? Good luck with that.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: