http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 11:45:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 6/8/12  (Read 508 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2012, 04:05:02 PM »

It's!!!... The Weekend Playlist.. pumping your gaming hobby since--We gonna skip the factoid today, as this Puertorican has got a busy day ahead.

So what will be your gaming pleasure? Heads up! This is Guild Wars 2 second Beta Weekend, so I will be partaking of some of that. But I also must return to Diablo III. And I can't just totally ignore League Of Legends. What will *you* be playing?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »

Hmm.  Been playing the original Far Cry after picking it up on the Steam sale.  Been messing around with Worms: Reloaded and :Golf.  Messed around with Dungeons of Dredmore last night and got my guy killed on Level 1 (again).  Maybe I should stop running in hardcore(?) mode.  There's also the closed beta of W**ld of W**Pl*n*s.

On track to go bowling with the gf, probably Saturday.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »

Guild Wars 2 beta.

D3 finish off hell I hope

Farcry 2.. picked this up from Steam during the mid week for 2.49

FM 2012  guiding Man City in 2015 to the EPL championship

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »

BF3
MW3 - Double weapon XP this weekend for E3 week
???

May start something new from the backlog. Been making decent progress on stuff lately.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 07:00:22 PM »

I always come in here with the best intentions to play, but lately gaming time has been in short supply.  I have no idea what is on the agenda tonight, but if the wife is busy finishing up a contract proposal for her company, I may try to get some War for Cybertron in if possible. 

Tomorrow I'm helping her and her staff move into a new office space in the morning, and then we're hitting a pool party/bbq for the rest of the day for grilled meats and plenty of drinking while relaxing in the sun.  Odds are the only gaming we'll do will be beanbags (cornhole) or cards by the pool.

On Sunday I've got quite the "honey-do" list while the wife goes boating on the lake with friends (dogs need baths, house is in desperate need of a good cleaning, and food prep for Indian night - samosas, naan, basmati rice, and chicken tikka masala), but I plan to start the day early so there will be a window of gaming opportunity between completing all chores and our evening dinner party.  Nothing beats kicking back for some gaming and a few cold ones in a newly cleaned house.  Probably more War for Cybertron, or perhaps a return to the SP of MW3.  It'll of course depend on my mood.

More realistically, I'll be lucky to get any gaming time in at all. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 08:10:05 PM »

Just got a copy of Dead Space 2,however i am replaying Dead Space 1 first

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 09:07:09 PM »

The Old Republic
Maybe some Blacklight: Restribution
Probably start Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the xbox
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 09:32:27 PM »

DD/D3 if I get any amount of time free.

Friday night and many a demon died at my hands.  managed to get my "30 with one hi"t achievement in act iii.  just a ton of fun with it. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:41:17 PM by Caine » Logged

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 10:26:52 PM »

Probably not a lot of gaming time this weekend, but I'll spend most of what I have with either Skyrim or getting started on Assassin's Creed Revelations...have to see what I'm in the mood to play...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 05:01:09 AM »

D3.  But not a ton of gaming this weekend.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 10:26:45 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 08, 2012, 09:32:27 PM

Friday night and many a demon died at my hands.  managed to get my "30 with one hi"t achievement in act iii.  just a ton of fun with it. 

Yeah, demons died by OUR hands! You stole all the credit! How dare you!  Tongue

Oh, diablo 3 is all I foresee myself playing, maybe some hotshots golf on vita.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 09, 2012, 10:26:45 PM

Quote from: Caine on June 08, 2012, 09:32:27 PM

Yeah, demons died by OUR hands! You stole all the credit! How dare you!  Tongue

Oh, diablo 3 is all I foresee myself playing, maybe some hotshots golf on vita.

Im'ma let you finish, but my DH was the best demon killer evah!

:p

I also finished up normal with the DH and got the chiev for act iv under an hour.  Told you it was a short one in comparison.

Now I need to decide whether to continue on or bring another char through normal. 

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 02:33:24 PM »

No 'Guild Wars 2' played this past weekend. Was only able to get one practice game of 'League Of Legends' in... but this is the reason why, and I'm pretty proud of it.  nod
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM

Hmm.  Been playing the original Far Cry after picking it up on the Steam sale.  Been messing around with Worms: Reloaded and :Golf.  Messed around with Dungeons of Dredmore last night and got my guy killed on Level 1 (again).  Maybe I should stop running in hardcore(?) mode.  There's also the closed beta of W**ld of W**Pl*n*s.

Put in a little more Far Cry time, got to the top of the mountain for the helicopter assault, which I remember now as the point where I quit.  Still not playing it with anything approaching a significant degree of stealth.

Went bowling on Saturday and got 4.5 games in on their pre-timed 2-hour deal.  Bowled fairly consistently in the 130 range.  GF improved every single game.  I attempted to start hooking the ball, and I got it to work a little bit, but nothing like the power spins that my Dad and the pros use.

Taught the GF to play Nightfall last night.  She beat me, managing to hijack one of my cards with a kicker attached to her hijack and award me 6 wounds, which put her in an easy win state.  She liked the game, so there's likely more games in our future.  I need to start looking at the expansions and card sleeves.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »

Finished up Dungeon Village on iPad, played some Diablo 3, and spent a few more hours with FF XIII-2.

While I still love the combat system, everything else about FF XIII-2 rubs me wrong.  The story is completely incomprehensible, the characters are dull, the collection quest (with zero input or feedback on where to go or what to do) is frustrating, and the monster collecting mechanic isn't terribly engaging.  I'm about halfway through, but can't see myself finishing this one.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 11, 2012, 02:42:47 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM

Hmm.  Been playing the original Far Cry after picking it up on the Steam sale.  Been messing around with Worms: Reloaded and :Golf.  Messed around with Dungeons of Dredmore last night and got my guy killed on Level 1 (again).  Maybe I should stop running in hardcore(?) mode.  There's also the closed beta of W**ld of W**Pl*n*s.

Put in a little more Far Cry time, got to the top of the mountain for the helicopter assault, which I remember now as the point where I quit.  Still not playing it with anything approaching a significant degree of stealth.

Went bowling on Saturday and got 4.5 games in on their pre-timed 2-hour deal.  Bowled fairly consistently in the 130 range.  GF improved every single game.  I attempted to start hooking the ball, and I got it to work a little bit, but nothing like the power spins that my Dad and the pros use.

Taught the GF to play Nightfall last night.  She beat me, managing to hijack one of my cards with a kicker attached to her hijack and award me 6 wounds, which put her in an easy win state.  She liked the game, so there's likely more games in our future.  I need to start looking at the expansions and card sleeves.
I got to the point where I would lure the thing over to the cliff and let it leap to attack me thus falling over the edge. Saved myself a few bullets that way which were much appreciated at that point.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

I've never reached a point where I'm being attacked by the "things".  This is getting to the radar dish where you get the first rocket launcher and are assaulted by the boar with rockets and mortars and the chopper drops off the squad.  I don't know what happens next, because I never live that long. 

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

You'll know when you get there. paranoid

Dang it, now I want to replay it.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 05:00:10 PM »

I bought it on the cheap from Steam last week.  I've gotten my $2.50 out of it already.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »

I got some time with DD and killed my first drake.  Long fight that had a number if close calls, but we prevailed.  also advanced a bit in the main quest.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »

I restarted Too Human with a Human Commando. Had some trouble before I respec'd and changed it to a guide I found. Much easier. Not sure I will do a replay of any sort with it when I finish it but for now I will plow on through it.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 08:47:26 PM »

got to chapter 5 in Dead Space 1,and had to do that asteroid shooting again on the turret....hate that part of the game

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »

played some Diablo 3 and Dragon's Dogma.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: