http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 12:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 6/13/14  (Read 411 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »

It's!!!!!... The Weekend Playlist, coming at ya from rainy Brooklyn, NY!  icon_biggrin What's on your gaming docket this weekend? For me, it shall be some mo' Wildstar. How about you?!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:32:20 PM »

I tried Wildstar last weekend, and really disliked it.  Will give it another look this weekend and hopefully it clicks a little better.

I'm sure there will be some time spent with FF XIV as well, although playing the waiting game for the endgame dungeons is really starting to wear on me.  I'm at the point that I literally have nothing to do unless I can find a group, which takes anywhere from 10-45 minutes (depending on the popularity of the dungeon, guild members online, etc.)  As much as I love the game, I'm not sure I have the patience for this end-game grind.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 03:32:47 PM »

Watch_Dogs - going to finish up the campaign
Crusader Kings 2
Maybe for Dawn of War 2: Retribution if I can link up with Hark, Kato and I think Jarrod

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »

The Show 14 on the PS4 and Vita
Wolfenstein PS4
FInal Fantasy X HD Vita

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 03:58:31 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 13, 2014, 03:32:47 PM

Crusader Kings 2
Maybe for Dawn of War 2: Retribution if I can link up with Hark, Kato and I think Jarrod

Same.  I need to go back to WD before the online hacking dies down.

Also going to wrap up the CoD Ghosts campaign and try out the extinction mode.  I'm also going to get some time in with the Destiny alpha and Hardline beta before they go offline. 

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »

Going to try to buckle down and burn through the rest of Watch Dogs. Probably won't finish it this weekend, but I'd like to put a big dent in it.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »

I'll be playing Watch Dogs and FIFA 14 (thankfully the World Cup edition was a free upgrade this year).

And of course,  Hearthstone

Sent from my mobile device

Wake up.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 08:22:03 PM »

Valkyria Chronicles PS3 - I know I'm way late on this one.  It's been awesome so far.  Realling liking the art style and turn based combat.
Mario Kart 8 - I'm working torwards unlocking the gold kart.  Need to star a few more mirror courses.  The AI is nasty at this speed.  And then it's off to the trials to unlock the gold wheels.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »

Probably fire up some Spintires again now that the final build is out.  Maybe some Mario Kart 8 to finish up the 150cc cup.  And I've been playing Forza 5 lately.  Man, I need something where I'm not driving a vehicle...

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 05:58:24 PM »

Quote from: Caine on June 13, 2014, 03:58:31 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 13, 2014, 03:32:47 PM

Crusader Kings 2

Same.  I need to go back to WD before the online hacking dies down.

Also going to wrap up the CoD Ghosts campaign and try out the extinction mode.  I'm also going to get some time in with the Destiny alpha and Hardline beta before they go offline. 

Finished up the Ghosts SP mode.  I love how you progress in the game from being an unknown soldier to savior of the free world.  So realistic that you have to wonder, why didn't they promote this guy early on, they could have wrapped up that war 3 weeks after it started.  At least the set piece battles were fun. 

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 06:57:41 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 13, 2014, 03:32:20 PM

I tried Wildstar last weekend, and really disliked it.  Will give it another look this weekend and hopefully it clicks a little better.

I'm enjoying it. Probably for the reasons that you're not. It's basically WoW with a sci-fi coat of paint, but it has a lot of lore and a great sense of humor to it; both of those factors I'm enjoying. I also like that it's a new IP and not based on a pre-existing IP, so it's very creative. I don't know how long it'll keep my attention, but so far I'm finding it refreshing.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »

Yeah, Gratch is really making me want to give Wildstar a go.

What server / faction / class / path did you guys pick?  I think I'd be most interested in playing a healer or support character, if those roles aren't already taken!

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on June 14, 2014, 08:08:30 PM

Yeah, Gratch is really making me want to give Wildstar a go.

Why, because I actively dislike it?  Tongue

For whatever reason, this game just doesn't click with me at all. Tried it again last night with a different class, and I still dislike nearly everything about it. None of the classes seem particularly interesting, the setting and story are 'meh', it generally runs like crap on my mid-range system (even with everything on lower settings), I don't really care for the combat, nothing about the game feels intuitive...just seems like everything about it is rubbing me the wrong way.

I'm still going to try and give it a few more levels to see if it gets better, but I'm really wishing I would have just done a 7-day trial instead of dropping the $45.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »

Oh, where did you find it for $45?  It seems to be $60 most places.

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 11:02:38 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on June 14, 2014, 10:10:58 PM

Oh, where did you find it for $45?  It seems to be $60 most places.

-Autistic Angel

Greenmangaming had a 20% off coupon last weekend.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »

Well I got a nice Father's Day surprise - a copy of Wolfenstein PS4! So even though I have about 10 more missions to go in Watch Dogs, I'm going to treat myself to some Nazi kill in' tonight. I also got a bit of time in with the Destiny alpha.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 09:56:51 PM »

GMG has a 25% off code (SUMMER-SALEIS-OVER25). Used that to bring Wolf 3D down to $45. Will be playing that once I finish up Dead Island Riptide, which I'm really loving now. Too bad Riptide doesn't get really good till your about 10hrs in.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 04:01:45 AM »

Got some time in with Watch Dogs and set out to play any online matchup that came except for the mobile ones as those stupidly don't count towards the progress bar outside of points. 

Ended up in a FFA decryption mode set in the camping area.  Man, what a cluster F that was.  I didn't get the win, but I did come out on top in terms of points. staying alive is harder there as you have such a limited area to run around in and almost no place to hide.  2nd round was downtown and I got an early lead and managed to get over half of it decrypted before someone ran me down and trapped me, then stole the file.  I wasn't able to get to a fast enough car before he had booked it out and he managed to stay ahead of everyone until the end.  both annoying and inspiring as I could have been in the same position.  I wish they hadn't tied any trophies to it as I don't know how long populations will last and I don't see them having a huge staying power for much longer.  I had no invasions and only one attempt which got wasted as soon as I updated some task I was doing. 

RuperT
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 10:11:45 AM »

Quote from: Caine on June 16, 2014, 04:01:45 AM

Got some time in with Watch Dogs and set out to play any online matchup that came except for the mobile ones as those stupidly don't count towards the progress bar outside of points. 
What do you mean "progress bar"?  ctOS Mobile challenge gives you Notoriety.

Live: MooseFoe
PSN: Rupyrt
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 11:56:56 AM »

I played way too much of the Destiny Alpha.  That game is gonna be pretty good.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 04:06:13 PM »

I spent some time with Supreme Commander playing the naval mission.  We went and saw Godzilla, and spent a lot of time cleaning the apartment before my sister and BIL arrive on Wed night.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: