http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 07:23:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 4/6/2012  (Read 461 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »

It's!!!... The Weekend Playlist.. encouraging your gaming hobby since 1961, the year in which many courageous souls known as the Freedom Riders made strides forward for the civil rights movement when they ventured into the American south in a bus. In May 1961, so as to test a recent decision by the Supreme Court allowing for de-segregated bus transportation, a group of blacks and whites took a bus headed to New Orleans thru Alabama. On several stops in Alabama, the Riders where assaulted, specifically in Anniston AL on May 14th, 1961, where their bus had its tires slashed by an angry white mob and firebombed. The mob then tried to have the Riders burn to death inside the bus, but they escaped, only to be severely beaten by the mob. After this terrible episode, the Riders where even refused medical treatment by local hospitals. All this occurred, by the way, with local police authorities cooperating with violent white angry mobs coordinated by the Ku Klux Klan. These days we think of this savagery as unbelievable, but such was the stranglehold of racism in the American South at that time. The Riders were eventually able to reach their New Orleans destination, after getting worldwide coverage, and their impact was felt on the civil rights movement ever since.

So.. changing gears.. what will be your gaming pleasure? It'll be another working weekend for me, so what little gaming time will go to city-building in Anno 2070 and pwning a few noobs on League Of Legends. How about you?      
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:35:58 PM by PR_GMR » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »

This weekend is all about Xenoblade Chronicles

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »

This weekend is wide open, as the gf is working 9-9 today and tomorrow at her new job, and 12-6 on Sunday.

I've been enjoying Dirt 2 on a break from Grid, and I have the newest Tiger Woods as well.  

On the iOS front, I have over a dozen games of Hero Academy and a couple games of Nightfall up and running.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:09:04 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:16:23 PM »

Skyrim - having too much fun with my Khajiit Archer/Thief

maybe some Football Manager 2012 - guided Aston Villa to the EPL title and Barcelona has come calling for my services but I don't think I'll take it.  Took me a very long time to build the Villains into a competitive team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »

BF3 360 - MAYBE. That patch is pretty shitty all around. Depends on if my group feels up to playing anymore.
MW3 360 - Not really feeling this anymore as of late. Can't seem to return to the zone while playing.

Picked up Xenoblade today with the art book but probably wont fire it up for a while yet. Actually have huge urge to play through Zelda Wind Waker again after hearing some of the music on Youtube recently.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »

Having Finished Kingdoms of Amalur and The Witcher 2 not due until the 17th,i have turned to ...

Final Fantasy VII

I had to reconnect my Scart lead on my PS3 because FF7 looked bloody awful(more so) using the HDMI

just about to hit Gold Saucer

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Gromit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »

Playing the only game I have right now:  MLB 12: The Show.

I'm still going through tons of reviews to find out what are the PS3 must-haves I've missed over the last several years...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »

gonna give all the consoles some love with Xenoblade on the Wii and Deathspank on the 360.  add in Dragon Age Origins on the PC.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:21:36 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 03:24:35 AM »

unsure.  maybe a mix of rayman origins on the 360.  picked it up a while back when it hit $20 and I kept on seeing ads and videos for it, so it kind of pushed its way into my consciousness. 

I have to decide if I want to bother with ssx.  unlike the epic fun times I had with all three of the ps2 games, I just can't seem to shake the frustration levels with this one.  too many gotcha moments in the tracks.  I feel like I spend more time looking for pitfalls than epic places to shred,  plus the loot mechanic is pretty shallow in the payoff department. 

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 02:41:20 PM »

Trying to finish off DE:HR on PC. Hoping I can do so tonight.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »

Played a few hours of 'Anno 2070' and some 'League Of Legends'. Mission accomplished. It was a decent gaming weekend.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 03:09:36 PM »

I was completely off base.  I played some Borderlands and set up the hockey tournament and that was about it.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 04:17:12 PM »

I ended up playing witcher 1, torchlight and mw3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 06, 2012, 10:18:55 PM

gonna give all the consoles some love with Xenoblade on the Wii and Deathspank on the 360.  add in Dragon Age Origins on the PC.

ended up being Xenoblade on the Wii and Netflix on the 360, with a bit of Space Pirates and Zombies on the PC.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 04:46:46 PM »

Shinra Mansion in Final Fantasy 7...'Lost Number' was not as tough as i remember

Played about with Kinect that i got a few weeks back,not overly impressed yet,didn't mind the demos of Gunstringer and the golf on kinect sports 2,and Kinect Adventures was better than i was expecting but not something i want to play for hours on end,usually half hour here and there is the best...and not just because i get knackered easily Tongue

Haunt Demo was ..eugh....don't want to step up and down(and have to do over exaggerated steps) on the spot to move forwards

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: