http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 01:43:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 3/15/13  (Read 989 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »

It's!!! .... The Weekend Playlist, coming at you from Queens, NY, and I'm the gaming puertoro, PR_GMR! What will be your gaming pleasure this (I believe) last weekend of winter? For me, I'm gonna squeeze in some SimCity and Guild Wars 2. How.. about..youuuuu?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:24:16 PM »

More Skyrim, for sure.  Had a city builder itch but the latest SimCity looks like a disaster, so I picked up both Settlers 7 and Anno 2070.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »

Anno 2070 is good! I still have it installed in my hard drive.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:59:44 PM »

It's still on sale through Steam for at least a few more hours.  Almost picked it up last weekend at $50...glad I waited until it was $17.   thumbsup

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 03:25:51 PM »

It's boardgame weekend at the Dallas Games Marathon!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 03:28:45 PM »

splitting time between Star Conflict, Star Drive, and the decidedly Star-less-ly named Tropico 4. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:05:25 PM »

gonna finish up Tomb Raider on the PC and then probably going to move onto Ultima VI.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »

Still playing Kingdom of Amalur. Lots of content in this game and bug free so far. Not the most thrilling game I've ever played but it is fun.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »

Quote from: Caine on March 15, 2013, 03:28:45 PM

splitting time between Star Conflict, Star Drive, and the decidedly Star-less-ly named Tropico 4. 

Star Conflict, Torchlight 2 (new for me), MechWarrior Online, War Thunder, War Frame, and ignore the war family.

Hey Caine, if I see you online in Star Conflict I can invite you to our corporation.  Can't invite friends that are offline for some reason.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 06:09:02 PM »

My daughter and I are going to finish our Halo Anniversary co-op relay, then probably some co-op LotR: War in the North. If I get in any solo time it'll be some Halo 4 online or the last chapter of Spartan Ops.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »

Tomb Raider

siege

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »

Hoping to get some board gaming in this weekend. If not, I'm hitting the backlog and will start either Borderlands 2 or Dragons Dogma.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »

MWO, Star Conflict, Star Drive, maybe War Frame, and Torchlight 2.

Of course it is also the birthday weekend of my SO, so that will take some time.  icon_smile

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »

Double XP weekend in SWTOR and I'm close to the end with my Seth Warrior so I'll play that

Bioshock on the PC as Steam gave me a copy for preordering Bioshock: Infinite

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 11:18:13 PM »

Skyrim-damn,nearly finished Dawnguard which was much much bigger than i was expecting

After my Dreamfall tragedy,i have started to re-download all the games i can from the Marketplace and i came across both Burnout Crash(XBLA) and Burnout 3:Takedown(Xbox original GoD)..so gonna give those two some time this weekend

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 12:55:55 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on March 15, 2013, 06:09:02 PM

My daughter and I are going to finish our Halo Anniversary co-op relay, then probably some co-op LotR: War in the North. If I get in any solo time it'll be some Halo 4 online or the last chapter of Spartan Ops.
Haha, just finished my replay of HCEA for some more achievements. Still need three but the hardest for me will be the 'Dont tell me the odds'.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 05:51:01 AM »

It's a double XP weekend in Planetside 2 so I'll be firing that up. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 06:08:07 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on March 16, 2013, 12:55:55 AM

Haha, just finished my replay of HCEA for some more achievements. Still need three but the hardest for me will be the 'Dont tell me the odds'.

Yeah, the achievements can take some time in this game. My daughter really couldn't care less about them, but we did get the achievement for storming the beach in Silent Cartographer on Heroic difficulty without loosing a single marine. slywink  I'm too embarrassed to say what number this play through is, but including the original Xbox game I'm fairly certain I'm in double digits now.  icon_redface
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:10:21 AM by kronovan » Logged
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 06:09:49 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 15, 2013, 11:18:13 PM

After my Dreamfall tragedy,i have started to re-download all the games i can from the Marketplace and i came across both Burnout Crash(XBLA) and Burnout 3:Takedown(Xbox original GoD)..so gonna give those two some time this weekend

Burnout 3 is an outstanding game - IMO the best in the series. And it plays very well on the 360. slywink
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 07:10:50 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on March 16, 2013, 06:09:49 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 15, 2013, 11:18:13 PM

Burnout 3 is an outstanding game - IMO the best in the series. And it plays very well on the 360. slywink

Yeah i have been playing it all night.....just one more crash then it's time for bed,one more crash and then its time for bed..oh,its 6am!!

Burnout Crash,i couldn't get into again

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 02:34:42 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 15, 2013, 01:24:16 PM

Had a city builder itch but the latest SimCity looks like a disaster, so I picked up both Settlers 7 and Anno 2070.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on both games.  They're both excellent, but couldn't possibly be more different from one another. 

Settlers 7 is very goal-oriented.  Your job is to win the game, and with several viable routes to choose from, your goal is drive down one of them as hard as you possibly can, hopefully while throwing up a few roadblocks in front of the other other players.

Anno 2070 is much more like SimCity: a robust economic simulation where you're free to play any way you see fit.  In Continuous Mode, the primary gameplay mode, it defaults to having no victory objectives at all -- just build and expand and research for as long as you like.  Or, once you're comfortable with the mechanics, you can create a game that's swarming with violent pirates and aggressive players to blast into submission.

I spent over a hundred hours in Anno 2070 finishing the campaign and several Continuous games under various objectives, and I didn't unlock half of the rewards in the persistent research tree.  That was before Deep Ocean expanded the Tech faction even further -- it's an *enormous* game!

-Autistic Angel
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 06:39:12 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on March 16, 2013, 12:55:55 AM

Quote from: kronovan on March 15, 2013, 06:09:02 PM

1000gs on HCEA finally. Even with screwing up the last run I still got the achievement with 6+ sec to spare.

Now to figure out what to start/play next.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on March 16, 2013, 06:39:12 PM

1000gs on HCEA finally. Even with screwing up the last run I still got the achievement with 6+ sec to spare.

Congrats on that! Are you working on a backlog or are you looking for new games to play. If its the latter, since I can't remember if you posted in its thread in this forum or not,  I'd recommend Halo 4.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on March 16, 2013, 02:34:42 PM

Quote from: Gratch on March 15, 2013, 01:24:16 PM

Had a city builder itch but the latest SimCity looks like a disaster, so I picked up both Settlers 7 and Anno 2070.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on both games.  They're both excellent, but couldn't possibly be more different from one another. 

Settlers 7 is very goal-oriented.  Your job is to win the game, and with several viable routes to choose from, your goal is drive down one of them as hard as you possibly can, hopefully while throwing up a few roadblocks in front of the other other players.

Anno 2070 is much more like SimCity: a robust economic simulation where you're free to play any way you see fit.  In Continuous Mode, the primary gameplay mode, it defaults to having no victory objectives at all -- just build and expand and research for as long as you like.  Or, once you're comfortable with the mechanics, you can create a game that's swarming with violent pirates and aggressive players to blast into submission.

I spent over a hundred hours in Anno 2070 finishing the campaign and several Continuous games under various objectives, and I didn't unlock half of the rewards in the persistent research tree.  That was before Deep Ocean expanded the Tech faction even further -- it's an *enormous* game!

-Autistic Angel

Spent a few hours with Settlers 7 last night and thought it was quite fun.  Not sure how crazy I am about the mission-based structure (those things always tend to get too puzzle-y for me), but the core gameplay is very solid.  That said, I was looking for something more of a sandbox, which it sounds like Anno 2070 will be.  Going to dig into that one tonight.

It's been years since I spent any dedicated time with a city builder.  Last one I tried was Tropico 2, and I burned out on that one after just a couple hours.  Hopefully these have a bit more longevity.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on March 16, 2013, 07:46:37 PM

Quote from: Kagath on March 16, 2013, 06:39:12 PM

Congrats on that! Are you working on a backlog or are you looking for new games to play. If its the latter, since I can't remember if you posted in its thread in this forum or not,  I'd recommend Halo 4.
Oh I posted in the H4 thread with my thoughts on it.

I'm thinking Darksiders.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 03:12:33 AM »

Anno 2070 might not be for me.  For starters, it isn't playing well with my system (3 CTD and one hard lock within an hour).  I'm also having trouble figuring it out.  On the second tutorial mission, it told me I needed to connect my depot to my production facilities with a road.  I tried drawing a road every which way to link the two together, but it wouldn't recognize that I had done so.  After about 20 minutes of trying to figure out why it wasn't accepting my road, I just gave up and went back to Skyrim.

I think it's too complex for my tastes anyways.  Figuring out the relationships between all the buildings just gave me a headache, and I was very early on.  Maybe I'll go back to it later, but I'm a little too brain dead to try and figure out something like that right now.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 05:23:53 AM »

finished Tomb Raider and remembered I had the new Syndicate installed, so I decided to give it another go.  ugh, remembered why I gave it up the first time and uninstalled it toot sweet.  been feeling the call of STALKER; it's been awhile, maybe it's time to revisit the Zone.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 17, 2013, 03:12:33 AM

Anno 2070 might not be for me.  For starters, it isn't playing well with my system (3 CTD and one hard lock within an hour).  I'm also having trouble figuring it out.  On the second tutorial mission, it told me I needed to connect my depot to my production facilities with a road.  I tried drawing a road every which way to link the two together, but it wouldn't recognize that I had done so. 

I just played the first two campaign missions and I'm not certain which part that is.  Is it possible you were drawing the road to your City Center instead of a Supply Depot?  It wouldn't be hard to mistake one for the other, at least until you're accustomed to the stark line Anno games draw between population and industry.

-Autistic Angel
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 17, 2013, 03:12:33 AM

I think it's too complex for my tastes anyways.  Figuring out the relationships between all the buildings just gave me a headache, and I was very early on.  Maybe I'll go back to it later, but I'm a little too brain dead to try and figure out something like that right now.

Anno 2070 makes the supply chains easier to follow than in previous games by showing you the refinement map right in the interface.  Click on Tools, for example, and you'll see that you need coal and iron to feed the smelter that feeds the tool factory.

What the game does *not* tell you is that a single smelter running at full capacity will provide enough iron to sustain two tool factories, or that two basalt extractors are required to fuel a single construction module compressor.  For reasons that escape me, the designers continue to believe that discovering these ratios through trial and error is an integral part of the franchise.  It isn't much of a hassle, especially when learning the game on Easy where you can demolish buildings for a full refund and rearrange them as needed, but you can also take a glance at one of the production calculators to save a bit of time.

The game also does not tell you how many fisheries are required to feed 12,000 citizens, or how many communicators you'll need to be producing to keep them happy.  This, I would agree, *is* a big part of the game, encouraging measured growth while you acquire new land and establish secure trade routes.  There are plenty of supply calculators for that stuff too, though, and using them won't diminish the satisfaction of housing 10,000 content Tycoon Executives.

Important tip: You can speed up the game by holding down the '+' key on your number pad, or slow it down by holding the '-' button.  I don't think the tutorials ever cover that, and they're *extremely* useful when you're waiting for a particular delivery or need to respond to four things at once!

-Autistic Angel
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 03:36:30 PM »

Started Uncharted 2
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »

For the first time?

-Autistic Angel
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 06:42:56 PM »

Netrunner, Gloom, Mage Wars (I hate it), Flashpoint, and more Netrunner.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »

Beat Heart of the Swarm.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »

Yeah, only got a PS3 in November. So lots of old games to play smile

Quote from: Autistic Angel on March 17, 2013, 04:18:07 PM

For the first time?

-Autistic Angel
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 01:40:40 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 16, 2013, 05:51:01 AM

It's a double XP weekend in Planetside 2 so I'll be firing that up. 

Well, Planetside 2 has been really laggy and weird this weekend (perhaps because of the promotion) so today I fired up Saints Row 3 instead. 

I didn't realize I was only a couple missions from finishing the game (awesome ending, btw), and there were a couple DLC packs I had never played, so it was a nice refresher of why I'm excited about Saints Row IV getting announced.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: