http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 12:03:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 2/4/11  (Read 1121 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:15:50 PM »

It's!!!... The Weekend Playlist.. fostering your gaming hobby since 1963, the year in which the JFK administration made it illegal for American citizens to travel to, as well as conduct financial and commercial transactions with communist Cuba. The policy went into effect on February 8th, 1963, and has, more or less, not been lifted since. As result, Cuba exists in a time limbo, where people still drive American cars from the 1960s (most people ride bicycles, and in fact, bicycle repairmen is one of the most lucrative jobs in Cuba).

So what will be your gaming pleasure? Myself. Still sampling Steam Holiday PC games. This weekend I'm finally going to give Portal an hour or two. I'm now intent on finishing the Transformers: War For Cybertron single player campaign. And.. League Of Legends might get some of my time, as usual.  nod

How about you?!  icon_smile
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »

PS3

1) Black Ops
2) Dead space 2
3) Little Big planet 2

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »

i have lots of games to play but i am thinking only two will be played on my 360

Call of Duty:Black Ops-i made lvl 50 last night,and i don't think i will prestige even though it is double XP weekend,i had a hard time with some of the challenges for my perks to go Pro,so i certainly don't want to do them again

Assassins Creed:Brotherhood-really taking my time with this game but absolutely loving it,can't say i am keen on some of the 100% sinc challenges(8 minutes to get through that first temple???..you have to be kidding,took me about 30 minutes,LOL)..but i already can't wait for Assassins Creed 3

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »

Two Worlds 2 on the PC, maybe the Rift beta.  I've been taking a few days off from Dead Space 2, may give it another go.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:31:40 PM »

I just finished AC:2 and AC:B, and since I have a really busy weekend planned I'm not sure if I'm ready to start a new game yet or not. I did start Dragon Quest IX at some point, but moved away from it. Maybe I'll go back to that and see if it can pull me in this time. I do still have Mass Effect 2 waiting to be played, but I don't know if I want to start that yet.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »

Got a couple things to do but still got some goals I'm aiming for this weekend:

FEAR: Perseus Mandate - Want to finish this up. Almost to the end and should be less than a couple hours.
BlOps - Get in on some of the double XP stuff. Hopefully reach Prestige 9 and close in on 10. I want to get in on some of the Zombies mode too. Got all single player achievements now and just need the Zombie related ones.
Fallout 3 - Get back to this.
Mass Effect - Still playing through this.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 04:50:17 PM »

Will keep plugging away at FF XII, along with Dungeon Hunter 2 on iPhone.  Might also give Magicka another look...it didn't really grab me in the first hour.

Not really wanting to jump into anything new, as I anticipate that Tactics Ogre is going to consume my gaming life come 2/15.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 05:00:46 PM »

Blops Double exp weekend. I hit 8th prestige earlier this week and plan to burn through this one as quickly as possible to the 9th.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood I have Rome about 95% re-built, taking my time on my second playthrough to do every side quest and make sure I have all the buildings purchased.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 06:27:44 PM »

3-day weekend in Dallas due to being snowed in on top of being iced in for the majority of the week. Yeah Texas. As such, I'm going to beat Riddick: Dark Athena when I get the chance, then sit down and try to burn through another level on Darksiders (still don't think it's an awesome game, but it's intriguing enough to warrant a full playthrough) and maybe some more Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. Might see about some LEGO Harry Potter with Frogs Honey as well.

But the big game? SNOWBALLS!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 06:56:40 PM »

Try to finish Dead Space 2
Demon's Souls!

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 07:31:18 PM »

Disgaea - Afternoon of Darkness (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:58:35 PM by Azhag » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:42:24 PM »

Some Dead Space 2, some Dragon Age. Possibly some KOTOR and some Torchlight. Got too many games going again.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:00:20 PM »

I'm revisiting Mass Effect 2 to play all the DLC i picked up on sale a while back...really looking forward to Lair of the Shadow Broker and Kasumi's Stolen Memory.  i probably won't play too much other than that icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 01:57:00 AM »

WoW
Cod;Blops
Dead SPace 2

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 07:38:45 AM »

Just Cause 2
BlOps
Maybe work some WoW in there to keep from throwing my controller through the drywall.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 07:59:08 AM »

Two Worlds II on the PC for me this weekend.  And of course more Stronghold Kingdoms just like every other day.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 02:30:30 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on February 04, 2011, 04:15:50 PM

So what will be your gaming pleasure? Myself. Still sampling Steam Holiday PC games. This weekend I'm finally going to give Portal an hour or two.

Finally finished the Portal last week.
Hoping to get some loving action on Halo: Reach and Guild Wars.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »

pretty much the same as last week, both in my expectations and eventual results.

i have two worlds 2 on the 360 to play, plus the need to go through both dead space 1 and 2
lbp 2 on the ps3.

i don't expect to get much more in anything except TW2 though.  sunday will probably be a wash as i am going to certain football-related viewing party and doubt i will get much gaming time in.

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »

Maybe Mass Effect 2 starting with another type of character than the soldier I used through ME1 and ME2.  Still need to get back to Arkham Asylum and finish that off. 
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »

Just made a bit more progress on the Autobot campaign for 'Transformers:WFC' campaign.  icon_cool
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »

Why did no one tell me that Pac-Man Championship Edition DX was so freaking awesome?  You people are supposed to let me know these things!!  slywink

Gaming weekend hasn't gone at all as planned.  Grabbed Two Worlds II on a whim Friday, but absolutely hated it after 4 hours.  (stupid impulse purchases...it's in the trading forum if anyone wants it).  Played some Magika last night with a buddy, but it hasn't really clicked with me at all and I'll probably shelve it.  Started Penny Arcade:  Rainsoaked Precipice... this morning.  I'd forgotten how much fun that series was..  Also been messing around with PacMan CE DX on 360 and FIFA 11 on iPhone.

Gamer ADD is killing me...I need Tactics Ogre to get here so I can focus.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 02:59:11 AM »

Heh, for the first time in quite a while I was able to overcome my gaming ADD and concentrate on one game for ~15 hours this weekend (Two Worlds 2 on the PC). 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 05:42:04 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 04, 2011, 04:30:46 PM

Two Worlds 2 on the PC, maybe the Rift beta.  I've been taking a few days off from Dead Space 2, may give it another go.

got time with everything except Dead Space 2.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 05:56:16 AM »

Played most of 'Portal' tonight.. I stopped at level 17 out of 19. What an ingenious game. Definetely worthy of all the praise. What an original idea.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 04:36:41 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 05, 2011, 07:38:45 AM

Just Cause 2
BlOps
Maybe work some WoW in there to keep from throwing my controller through the drywall.

Never got to WoW. 

As for Just Cause 2, I have officially "explored" all 368 locations in Panau, meaning I can get Captain redneck to drop me off there anytime I want.  I have completed all of the available faction missions (45) before the Pick-a-faction story mission.  I guess at this point, I will split my saves so I can explore all three paths.  I am at 48% completion, and still chugging.

Friday was a snow day and the only day of BlOps action, but I'll get back to it.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »

Case of the steamy BlOps all weekend. Finished Prestige 8 and made up to lvl20 in 9.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 07, 2011, 02:59:11 AM

Heh, for the first time in quite a while I was able to overcome my gaming ADD and concentrate on one game for ~15 hours this weekend (Two Worlds 2 on the PC). 

I don't think I have ADD, but I usually can only play one game at a time since it takes me forever to get used to new control schemes.  I also played lots of Two Worlds 2, but on the 360. 

We have water in our ceiling from roof ice dams... and someone had to stay up all night monitoring the buckets and the drain holes.  Guess who volunteered?    unibrow

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on February 04, 2011, 04:31:40 PM

I just finished AC:2 and AC:B, and since I have a really busy weekend planned I'm not sure if I'm ready to start a new game yet or not. I did start Dragon Quest IX at some point, but moved away from it. Maybe I'll go back to that and see if it can pull me in this time. I do still have Mass Effect 2 waiting to be played, but I don't know if I want to start that yet.

Played Mass Effect instead of Dragon Quest. I made the right choice.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: