http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 08:02:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 2/28/14  (Read 312 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:29:14 PM »

It's.... The Weekend Playlist! March is here already! What will you be playing this weekend? I'm busy, but whatever time I can squeeze will go into some Guild Wars 2. How about you?
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »

Plants versus Zombies on the Box
Diablo 3 - PC

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:10:31 PM »

EDF2025, PvZ, D3... some combination of the above and anything else that grabs my attention.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 07:14:44 PM »

D3 - Sorry Hark, I like Marvel Heroes, but D3 is a first love type thing

Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »

I'll be robbing houses this weekend.  and playing thief in the evening.   ninja

also, something from the last big PSN sale.  my backlog has grown in 3 months larger than my entire PS3 catalog had in 6 years. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:11:40 PM »

I have a lot of DVR'd shows to catch up on, so not as much gaming as usual. But I will be plodding along in AC Black Flag. trying to get enough metal to fully upgrade my ship so I can blast the bottom third of the map. It's kind of a slog.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:57 PM »

I'm going to try to knock out the AC4 Freedom Cry DLC before Titanfall lands. I paid for it, may as well finish it.

On the PC front I'm still working through the Steam backlog so either some Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon or Alice: Madness Returns.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »

Blood Dragon is pretty short ( ~12hrs ) so you should be able to knock it out pretty easy. I did it taking my time and got the 100% on 360. Just as it's starting to get old it ends so it's not bad. Harder than the FC3 game though it seemed.

BF4 PC - still on this.
??? - Keep thinking about starting Oblivion PC for the first time. Never really tried it long enough to get past the opening area.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »

Thief and some Bravely Default.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:33 PM »

BF4 and some Thief.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 04:06:36 AM »

EDF2025 and possibly re-installing Diablo 3.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 01:13:31 PM »

Having recently finished Tomb Raider on Gratch's recommendation and the new Devil May Cry based on feedback from the No High Scores crew, I decided to spend some time with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.  I'd tried the PS3 version months ago and couldn't accept the hitchy frame rate, so this time I jumped into the PC version with my trusty 360 controller.

I do not like this game.  Partly, it's because I absolutely cannot get a grip on blocking and dodging.  Maybe it's just me -- my understanding is that most people really loved this game -- but the timing on all the combat moves feels unsteady compared to DmC, Bayonetta, or the Ninja Gaiden games.  The environments, lovely though they are, are all narrowed by invisible walls and rigid camera angles that obscure how one screen connects to the next.  I never feel like I'm exploring a world so much as wandering between non-interactive pictures.

But the worst element has got to be the story.  This dialogue is unreal.  They want to create some kind of emotional resonance for this stoic badass crusader on a quest to reunite with his dead wife so badly, but the script makes George Lucas look like Joss Whedon.  Were Patrick Stewart or Robert Carlisle given *any* context for their lines?  It sounds like they just handed a few pages of disconnected words and asked to read aloud to a group of young children at storytime.

In their Test Chamber for Lords of Shadow 2, the Game Informer editors were still gushing about this first game.  I recognize that it was a big hit for a lot of people, but much like the Fable, Metal Gear Solid and (original) Devil May Cry games, I have to say that this is just not for me.

-Autistic Angel
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 12:00:11 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on February 28, 2014, 07:14:44 PM

D3 - Sorry Hark, I like Marvel Heroes, but D3 is a first love type thing

Shadowrun: Dragonfall

np, fix your mic and I might join you slywink
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 01:33:12 PM »

Day 1

Wow, straight out the academy and into service!  My new assignment helping the Covenant search for sacred relics on this newly discovered Holy World starts today.  It's almost a shame the humans have absolutely no idea this place exists -- I'll have to practice my Exaggerated Sidestepping and Combat Roll techniques every day so I won't get rusty on this long and uneventful mission!

Day 2

Some of the grunts are whispering that opening the divine vaults on this Holy World will actually unleash some sort of ancient transgalactic evil that will snuff out all life in the universe.  They're such comedic worrywarts -- what are the odds that could possibly be true?

Day 3

Reports are coming in about a lone human in green armor being seen on the perimeter.  Whatever.  There's no way one dude accidentally stumbling upon this highly militarized operation is going to stop the Covenant!  The hierarchy has ordered that we make no changes to our encryption methods at all, but that we unlock a bunch of weapons lockers just in case anyone needs anything.

Security footage shows the green armor guy is also carrying around one of those blue holograms, but this one looks more like a naked lady than ever.  Even through I'm a weird alien religious zealot, I have to agree that this adds a lot to her character and definitely highlights the sophistication of her emotional jour...Oh, hold on.  I hear something down the hall.

Day 3.25

...my only regret...is not...paying more attention...in Emphatic Limb Flailing class....BLERTCH!

-Every Covenant Trooper Ever
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 10:55:44 PM »

Finished part 1 of both Broken Age and Broken Sword 5.

Also played some league of legends.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »

Having a blast this weekend with Diablo 3, Marvel Heroes, and Plants versus Zombies

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 02:01:26 AM »

I reinstalled Diablo 3 and messed around with it a bit. Had enough fun I think I'll probably pick up the upcoming expansion. Also having quite a bit of fun with Alice: Madness Returns, an oldie but a goodie I finally got around to playing from my Steam backlog.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 04:49:59 AM »

I'm about 9 hours into Thief, just finished Chapter 4.  Thoroughly enjoying it, and I haven't even dug into any side missions yet...which most people say are the best part of the game.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »

Teasing aside, I'm having a pretty good time with Halo 4.  You'd think the much-ballyhooed graphics might have lost their luster now that a new generation of consoles is on the market, but I'm seriously impressed.  If the developer did nothing but bump up the native resolution and put this out on the XB1, you'd swear it was designed as a launch showcase for the new system.

Maybe this is supposed to be an element of her character's "rampantcy," but some of Jen Taylor's voice acting is super weird.  Cortana tells you the enemy has put out a "general order" as though this is some incomprehensible alien concept translated from a foreign tongue.  A lot of it has a done-on-the-first-take vibe, like she was in a big rush to get back to her local theater production of Our Town.

Lots of new weapons to learn, with some legitimately awesome animations to highlight the first time you pick them up.  Some may as well be shooting rose petals based on the damage they dish out, though this may just be a matter of learning which weapon types are best against which enemies.

On the whole, it's more Halo which is what I'm in the mood for at the moment, so I fully expect to finish this in the coming week or so.

-Autistic Angel
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 04:04:25 PM »

Quote from: Caine on February 28, 2014, 07:22:51 PM

I'll be robbing houses this weekend.  and playing thief in the evening.   ninja

also, something from the last big PSN sale.  my backlog has grown in 3 months larger than my entire PS3 catalog had in 6 years. 

mainly stuck to playing dragons crown and some castlestorm. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »

BF4 PC
Oblivion PC - Started in on this. Got outside the sewers and stopped pretty much. Too bad it's not easy to use a controller for this as I kinda have the itch to just play it on the 360.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: